The Panorama transcripts--Self Fulfilling prophecy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texana

Overreaching
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is the British show with interviews and comments from all parties British involved--Lots here to look over.

One thing that jumped out at me, was Jane Tanner deciding to go check on her children because "the starters would be about to arrive." Sensible thinking on her part, no one likes to leave the table and come back to an empty platter of appetizers.

She sees Gerry on the way--Gerry does not see her. She does not check on the McCann children, only her own.

So each person was actually only checking on their own children? Were the extra checks just a sort of "courtesy" check done spontaneously?

If so, then why wasn't that stated from the beginning from the Tapas diners? Why did they make it out to sound as if they had a very organized plan to check altogether on all of the children, when they weren't actually doing that?

Was it fear of a foreign police that made them keep back the truth, and did that fear in the end, actually become a self-fulfilling prophecy?

By decidding from the very beginning that they couldn't get a fair shake from the perceived incompetence of the PJ, did the Tapas diners actually create the very scenario they feared, by withholding key facts, holding back explanations for obvious discrepancies, and refusing to answer questions?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

Man, am I a thread starter and killer at once, or what?

:woohoo:

Good questions. I'm not sure what my take on this is. I think no matter what happened, the Tapas 7 are hiding something as are the McCanns. I can understand being fearful of the law in a foreign country, where you don't speak the language. What I can't understand is all the discrepancies.

And of course, they were not checking the children as they stated. In my mind that has been proven by Mrs. Fenn and the actions taken by Mark Warner in regards to Mrs. Fenn's complaints. So call it circumstantial or whatever, the Tapas group has not been honest and I don't think they have been honest with the English LE since returning home.

I'll have to rewatch the interview, its been awhile since I watched it. Always the best evidence I think - straight from their own mouths!

Salem

My thought is--if they are all truly innocent--then their withholding of facts, changing stories, and view of the police as incompetent from the beginning, made the police more incompetent as they gave them nothing to work with--

One of the key points would have been entry into the apartment--and at first the McCanns said the door was unlocked, then changed it to locked.

I personally think the first answer is correct, because Kate said, "She wouldn't have walked away." Not--She couldn't (because the door was locked) but She wouldn't.

Just knowing that door was unlocked, and if someone was indeed watching the apartment, they would have realized that by watching the checks on Maddie--it doesn't seem to be card key access or automatically locking door, but a regular key locked entrance. This would have been key information to get correct from the beginning.

(Thanks Salem, for saving my little thread from total shame. :crazy:)

Very good point. Not just the door being locked/unlocked but the window being jimmied/not jimmied.

So we have a call for help because a child is missing.... but the people responsible for the child can not clearly state what the circumstances are that led to the missing child.

They could put out distress calls very early on about the police not doing anything and needing help from others. Didn't they have an English friend call a Portugese friend that owned a bar and ask him to help that early in the morning of the 4th?

The police are completely stumped because - 25 people have already been all over the room, no one knows if the door was locked, no one knows if the window had been jimmied, no one knows just when or how the "baby listening" checks were accomplished or by whom or when or how an intruder might enter the room, because after all you could see it from the Tapas bar.

I think you are right Texana! Hard to be anything but bumbling when you have absolutely no facts to work with and can not get a consistent or coherent response to any question asked.

Interesting...... Is this why they chose Portugal? Because it would be "easy" to confuse the issue between the different languages and procedures? But then I would have to think this was planned, and I just don't think it was.

Salem

Interesting...... Is this why they chose Portugal? Because it would be "easy" to confuse the issue between the different languages and procedures? But then I would have to think this was planned, and I just don't think it was.

Salem

Interesting you mention this today. I was talking with my husband about this case yesterday (he is not into it at all) and I was telling him about the PJ, some of their laws, etc. And he said, "Oh, then that's why they chose to vacation there because they were aware of how things run there". :eek: And I said, "But that would mean all this was planned" which he replied

"Yes, why not?" :eek:

This comes from the same guy who as soon as the news broke that Madeleine went missing I told him I felt sorry for her parents to which he replied:

"Hmmmm....it doesn't sound right. Did the police investigate the parents?" :eek:

Sleuthmom - I said exactly what your husband said when I first heard of this case. My hinky meter was on high alert!

Salem

(nobody saw my oops right :))

Texana - I said exactly what your husband said when I first heard of this case. My hinky meter was on high alert!

Salem

That's Sleuth Mom's husband, Mr. Texana for all his brilliance, did not make that connection.

Interesting point, isn't it though?

Instinct is a great thing--Gavin deBecker has made his reputation teaching safety based on instinctive responses. Our first reactions are often based on what we call "gut feelings" but are really a sophisticated conclusion based on a myriad of clues, perceptions, and facts that are not even realized on a conscious level.

Interesting you mention this today. I was talking with my husband about this case yesterday (he is not into it at all) and I was telling him about the PJ, some of their laws, etc. And he said, "Oh, then that's why they chose to vacation there because they were aware of how things run there". :eek: And I said, "But that would mean all this was planned" which he replied

"Yes, why not?" :eek:

This comes from the same guy who as soon as the news broke that Madeleine went missing I told him I felt sorry for her parents to which he replied:

"Hmmmm....it doesn't sound right. Did the police investigate the parents?" :eek:

Your husband sounds like a very wise man Sleuthmom :)

Barnaby, I actually remembered it was you who also said in the past the whole thing may have been planned including location and I did mention this to my other half after he made the statement.

If this is the case, ITS BEYOND, BEYOND, BEYOND SICK! :furious::furious::furious:

I fixed my post, but Texana was to quick for me! :)

Salem

I've tried to reply to this thread several times today and had to get up each time and do something, and then decided I better not say what I had typed...but oh well, I might as well say what I feel as it is my humble oppenion and I have the right to express it.

Jane Tanner is a liar. There is nothing in her story that is consistent, and nothing makes a bit of sense. I think she is very involved in Madeleine's premeditated murder. I also have a feeling they studied several unsolved cases and chose to mirror the Natalie Holloway case as it was convenient for them. A foreign country, the bumbling police, the language barrier, the scape goat, the ocean, the holiday, the booze, the finger pointing, the blaming... Poor Madeleine. I think she was probably sold for parts in a black market organ transplant operation and the remainder of her body disposed of never to be found. They will not get away with it though. Look at Patsy Ramsey...Karma is a B*tch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker