Innocence Project

dasgal

Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
The following is unconfirmed, but as I understand it, things in the DNA department hasn't changed things.

I have to give a big thumbs up to those that the Innocent Project and Barry Sheck have cleared.

But Darlie, you have had to have known that this was coming. Maybe it's time to make your peace with God. It would be really brave, and honorable to expain to your family, what happened that night. You don't need to tell us. We can stick with conjecture, but your family....you have got to at least try to explain.

Texas has shown consistantly, that they will try to clear those they can, and execute those that deserve it. I do honestly feel sorry for you at this point. I know that you must have known the outcome of the tests. I'm sure you were hopeful....
Please be fair to your families. They need to know. They will never rest otherwise.

The following is unconfirmed, but as I understand it, things in the DNA department hasn't changed things.

I have to give a big thumbs up to those that the Innocent Project and Barry Sheck have cleared.

But Darlie, you have had to have known that this was coming. Maybe it's time to make your peace with God. It would be really brave, and honorable to expain to your family, what happened that night. You don't need to tell us. We can stick with conjecture, but your family....you have got to at least try to explain.

Texas has shown consistantly, that they will try to clear those they can, and execute those that deserve it. I do honestly feel sorry for you at this point. I know that you must have known the outcome of the tests. I'm sure you were hopeful....
Please be fair to your families. They need to know. They will never rest otherwise.
Did I miss something somewhere? I thought they had just ok'd the DNA testing and it would be quite sometime before the results were back. Also the appeals attorneys have until Jan '09 to complete requests for additional items.
http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Legal/Habeas/080721.pdf

I have no doubt, at all that the "long" sought after tests will yield nothing new. After all it is all just "hopeful" thinking on the part of Darlie supporters and her legal team.

I have no doubt that this will not change anything and "will wait" to hear from the supporters.

I remember Roger Coleman who "claimed" to have been railroaded and did the same things are Darlie. He had his supporters, and was put to death.

In the end, when the DNA was tested after his death, it was well confirmed that all the the "stories" were all lies. A guilty man was convicted and put to death. The same goes for Darlie.

I have no doubt, at all that the "long" sought after tests will yield nothing new. After all it is all just "hopeful" thinking on the part of Darlie supporters and her legal team.

I have no doubt that this will not change anything and "will wait" to hear from the supporters.

I remember Roger Coleman who "claimed" to have been railroaded and did the same things are Darlie. He had his supporters, and was put to death.

In the end, when the DNA was tested after his death, it was well confirmed that all the the "stories" were all lies. A guilty man was convicted and put to death. The same goes for Darlie.
Presumably this will all take a while, if Darlie's attorneys have another 5 months to request additional items. When the results eventually come back, and of course Darlie will not be exonerated, does she have any further recourse? And what sort of timescale would she be looking at for a date to be sent? Please forgive me if this has been asked before.

Completely agree. Great post Dasgal

I am new here but have been following this case for quite a while now. I was so convinced in the beginning she was innocent. After reading through the transcripts, books, shows and various articles there were red flags that started to stand out for me that could not be explained.

1. The interview @ the gravesite with television crews especially the part when Darlie says "If you knew [my sons], you'd know they're up in heaven having the biggest birthday party we could ever imagine. And though our hearts are breaking, they wouldn't want us to be unhappy".
2. The odd comment made on the 911 tape to Darin "someone intentionally came in here and did this Darin" and the comment she made to the dispatcher about how they could have gotten prints off the knife had she not touched it.
3. The lack of blood anywhere outside the home. There is no way with all the blood in that house that an intruder could have not left some trail of it when he/they supposedly fled.
4. The motion sensor light in the back yard was not on when police went into the backyard. If someone had been out there, it had a 15 minute timer on it from what I understand.
5. The infamous silly string party at the boys grave. I cannot even comment on that it was so completely bizarre.
6. The picture of her holding her hand up (taken @ the police station) with the small cuts on each finger. To me looks like while she was stabbing and her hand slipped down onto the blade.

There of course is much more but these in the beginning for me were what started making me look closer and read the transcripts further. Such a very sad case and I too truely believe these new tests will reveal nothing new.

Presumably this will all take a while, if Darlie's attorneys have another 5 months to request additional items. When the results eventually come back, and of course Darlie will not be exonerated, does she have any further recourse? And what sort of timescale would she be looking at for a date to be sent? Please forgive me if this has been asked before.

She actually only has 30 days to request additional items. She has until January 9 to file her first petition.

Oh it will be a few years yet Brit.

Here's a link to the document:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Legal/Habeas/080721.pdf

Very well said!

I couldn't agree with you more. Darlie owes it to her family to explain what happened that terrible night!

Very well said!

I couldn't agree with you more. Darlie owes it to her family to explain what happened that terrible night!

How do we know she hasn't, Anais? I mean, we're all assuming they're in the dark, but I seriously doubt it.

Having just transcribed the 1998 Leeza show, it struck me how blatantly they misrepresented the evidence - and these weren't just simple mistakes or memory lapses. Time and time again, they deliberately misled the audience with half truths and innuendo, just as they've done on her website as well as her old message boards.

I'm betting they know the truth...maybe not every detail, but they know she did it.

Please get back on topic if we have to delete anymore off topic post we won't be giving any further warnings the member will have their posting privileges suspended.

so if the dna comes back and implicates another suspect, who is then identified thru CODIS, what will you say? this works both ways you know

so if the dna comes back and implicates another suspect, who is then identified thru CODIS, what will you say? this works both ways you know

I'd say let her out and give her a million dollars in compensation.

However, I have my doubts the dna is going to implicate anyone but Darlie

I'd say let her out and give her a million dollars in compensation.

However, I have my doubts the dna is going to implicate anyone but Darlie

is the lab testing independent?

I do not know the law in Texas, but I would think that the Defense would have to pay for the test since they are requested by the defense and granted to the defense.

Why would a "state" lab work for anyone other then the taxpayers of the state for the state.

Darlie and her supporters should pay for the test as they are beneficial to the defense.

That is just my take on it, I have not read the decision, nor do I know the law in Texas.

I do not know the law in Texas, but I would think that the Defense would have to pay for the test since they are requested by the defense and granted to the defense.

Why would a "state" lab work for anyone other then the taxpayers of the state for the state.

Darlie and her supporters should pay for the test as they are beneficial to the defense.

That is just my take on it, I have not read the decision, nor do I know the law in Texas.

again not all forensics run by the state are favorable to the state.......but if the defense own dna tests come back insculpotory they look really stupid (look at the coleman case, guy wasted years of his life seeking the test just to prove the excuted guy was guilty afterall) like i said, i am not convinced one way or another.

again not all forensics run by the state are favorable to the state.......but if the defense own dna tests come back insculpotory they look really stupid (look at the coleman case, guy wasted years of his life seeking the test just to prove the excuted guy was guilty afterall) like i said, i am not convinced one way or another.

Well if we're comparing cases, same as the MacDonald case. For 30 years he claimed the hair found clutched in his wife's hand belonged to her killer. How right he was, it was his hair proven by dna tests.

No dna of Greg Mitchell or Helena Stockely found anywhere in that home..........that was Mac's downfall.

Do you know what is being tested here? Perhaps you should read the decision by the judge. The only way to learn Darlie's case is by reading the trial tanscripts. It's all there.

I believe they do too Cyber, unless she is granted Discovery by the feds and then the state pays. From what I understand, she has not. There was someone on another site begging for money for her to pay for the tests, as if eh?

I've emailed and emailed her site asking for an update but there's no response

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back