TX TX - El Paso, Wht/HispFem 20-40, UP2982, gold-framed teeth, Sz 8 "Prediction" shoes, May'07

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
This woman has very distinct dental work. It should help GREATLY in identifying her.

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Unidentified Person's Details

Date Picture Updated: 8/7/2008
U0808012.JPG

Case Number: U0808012
Agency: El Paso County Medical Examiner
Date Found: 5/22/2007
Estimated Date of Death: 5/22/2007
Cause of Death: Accident
Race: Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 4 " - 5' 4 "
Weight: 189 lbs. - 189 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
State Found: Texas
Country Found: USA
Clothing: THe deceased was found with a black t-shirt with the word "Babe" repeated in silver on the front, a black tank top, black Gossip brand jeans (size 17/18), beige underwear and purple bra, and black Predictio nbrand shoes (size 8). She also had a black and white rubber band, two yellow earrings with pink stones, two white earrings with purple stones, a yellow ring with a flower design, and a yellow necklace with butterflies and blue stones.
Miscellaneous: The deceased drowned after attempting to cross the Rio Grande. She has a well-healed scar on the left knee. She also has gold lining on her incisor teeth, with the letters "M" and "R" cut out of the gold on the bottom incisors.

Additional Pictures

Date Picture Updated: 8/7/2008
U0808012a.JPG

You can contact the Missing Persons Clearinghouse at :
Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Texas Department of Public Safety
P O Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0422
Phone: (512) 424-5074
Helpline: (800) 346-3243

I wonder why in the world she would try to swim with all those clothes on? JEANS even.....

The initials look like H.R. to me, not M.R. Most likely her family doesn't even know that she is missing or they don't what to do to find her here.

The initials look like H.R. to me, not M.R. Most likely her family doesn't even know that she is missing or they don't what to do to find her here.

i thought the same thing that it could possibly be an H, I think they should be on the safe side and list it as the initials on her teeth appear to be an M or an H and an R

I would hate to think that a match would be eliminated based on them thinking OH this jane doe has an M R on her gold teeth not an H R

In communities where these teeth are fashionable and many people have them her family or friends could think Oh this isnt her based on the initials....Im sure she is probably from Mexico and it might be alot more common there to have these kind of teeth....

I googled gold teeth, etc. I didn't find anything with letters that looked similar to the ones on our doe. Maybe her gold teeth were made in a shop local to her. I was hoping to find a reference or picture of similar looking letters but nothing. Those teeth are the key to finding her identity, IMO.

I thought the same thing. It looks like H and R to me also.

I also wanted to say that the woman may be hispanic as listed, but she actually looks Polynesian to me (I.e. Samoan or Tongan).
There are alot of Polynesian refugees in Utah. There is a Tongan who is related to my cousin, who told me he heard that in Texas they do not even know what Tongans or Polynesians are, and that most people assume them to be black, hispanic, native american or mixed. I told him that I have not met anyone here yet who knows of this ethnicity.

JMO, of course.

When I first looked at the pics without reading the thread or description I didn't see letters. I thought the one on the left was a butterfly and the one on the right was a spade like you would find in a deck of playing cards, just angled a bit to the left.

No update on this since 08? Anyone working on this one? Just speculation yet based on experience, I would say she generally kept her eyebrows plucked very thin. Good facial and teeth visuals. Surely this would have been IDd unless possibly across the border - not listed MP? Thoughts?

Okay, maybe I don't understand the listings here. I bumped this up because it showed up at the bottom of a currently active page. I assumed this was active but apparently it is not and it shows because it is related? Thanks.

I also wanted to say that the woman may be hispanic as listed, but she actually looks Polynesian to me (I.e. Samoan or Tongan).
There are alot of Polynesian refugees in Utah. There is a Tongan who is related to my cousin, who told me he heard that in Texas they do not even know what Tongans or Polynesians are, and that most people assume them to be black, hispanic, native american or mixed. I told him that I have not met anyone here yet who knows of this ethnicity.

JMO, of course.

Yeah, I thought something like that when I looked at her, that she looked Maori. The location she was found in tends to indicate she is Hispanic though. I wonder whether her DNA has been tested, and whether the tests were actually looked at rather than just filed away?

I wonder why in the world she would try to swim with all those clothes on? JEANS even.....

Namus says she was floating in Rio Grande trying to cross. Maybe she wasn't trying to swim but fell overboard from whatever floating device she was using.

https://identifyus.org/cases/2982

Ruleouts include:
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Nonnie Dotson 1973 Colorado
Rachel Yates 1980 Florida

I think they may have come from an automated list, I don't know why anybody would suspect them of being this UID.

I think the problem with this lies in the way Mexico keeps track of their missing persons.

Even though Juarez is right across the river from EP, she could have come up from central or lower Mexico and planned to cross there.

Unless they've changed anything since I lived in EP (summer of 09 to June 10) each town within each state took missing persons reports and did not aggregate them at a national level as the USA does. Another issue is that many times the LE in Mexico won't take a missing report. Or perhaps this woman told others she was leaving for the US and they have assumed she made it? Happens a lot.

The teeth were probably done in Mexico IMHO.

Just my thoughts from having lived in EP so close to the border.

this is the quote from the Namus page:

"Hispanic; floating in Rio Grande trying to cross"

I think they are saying she was found dead floating in the Rio Grande, having tried to cross the river. she was probably walking, wading or swimming when she got pushed downstream.

Maybe it's just me but how can anyone float across a moving river?

(Found) floating in Rio Grande. (floating because she was deceased)

Trying to cross (their assumption, which is probably correct)

That's how I read it, not that she was trying to cross the river by floating but that she was floating because she drowned in the river after failing. KWIM? JMHO

this is the quote from the Namus page:

"Hispanic; floating in Rio Grande trying to cross"

I think they are saying she was found dead floating in the Rio Grande, having tried to cross the river. she was probably walking, wading or swimming when she got pushed downstream.

You could be right, I was stuck on the sentence structure implying that she was floating while trying, and the lack of "probably". If she was floating already dead she wasn't trying to do anything any more and could have been pushed to the river because someone wanted to kill her or accidentally fell into the water doing something else. But I don't believe she would have been trying to cross it by swimming in jeans and shoes.

The txdps site says
"The deceased drowned after attempting to cross the Rio Grande", also without any "probably" about it. It could be just vague language but it implies to me that someone knew she was attempting to cross and maybe she was observed in distress.

Is the river so shallow you can walk across?

Maybe it's just me but how can anyone float across a moving river?

Well, obviously you can't float directly across to where you went in the water but if you can do anything to paddle and steer your vessel gradually you might count on ending up on the other side somewhere a little downstream, or a lot farther, depending on the strength of the current. Unless you drown first, that is.

Some teens here have a tradition to go floating down a river every summer.

Oh wow, I didn't know that it's such a thin trickle... I guess I always pictured Rio Grande as a huge stream because of the name.

I am so disillusioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back