Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #16

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Thank you, TG, for the information on the Keloughs. I think it will come in handy down the road....

Robin
    You're very welcome!

Very good info, TomsGirl! TY!

So, Harris and the Southerns and the Keloughs are all connected! Very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
    Very good info, TomsGirl! TY!

So, Harris and the Southerns and the Keloughs are all connected! Very interesting!

You're welcome CC!

Yeah, just a big intertwined web isn't it?

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I'm not sure whether the groin shot is significant or not. It may be, but it may also circumstantial. After being shot a couple of times, at one point she fell backwards. The shooter could still be shooting at that point and shot just as she was falling. Just another theory...

Because of the shots to the face, I don't believe this was the work of "otherwise-innocent" local kids. To look a young girl in the face and pull the trigger? Coldhearted. I think another kid would likely have shot to the chest, foot, arm - whatever. And maybe in their amateur-like experience with murder may not have even killed them - one of them probably would've survived. OTOH, it would only take a professional killer one shot each with a larger calibre weapon. No need to waste shots that take longer, are more likely to draw attention from someone nearby, and stay at the scene longer than necessary.

So there! I'm totally confused... ... Sure sounds more like a professional with an agenda - to kill and to send a message - rather than the girls stumbling across something.

It could be an inexperienced shooter/shooters who just let the bullets fly and hit wherever they may. After the first shot, they were shooting at two moving targets.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I'm not sure whether the groin shot is significant or not. It may be, but it may also circumstantial. After being shot a couple of times, at one point she fell backwards. The shooter could still be shooting at that point and shot just as she was falling. Just another theory...

Because of the shots to the face, I don't believe this was the work of "otherwise-innocent" local kids. To look a young girl in the face and pull the trigger? Coldhearted. I think another kid would likely have shot to the chest, foot, arm - whatever. And maybe in their amateur-like experience with murder may not have even killed them - one of them probably would've survived. OTOH, it would only take a professional killer one shot each with a larger calibre weapon. No need to waste shots that take longer, are more likely to draw attention from someone nearby, and stay at the scene longer than necessary.

So there! I'm totally confused... ... Sure sounds more like a professional with an agenda - to kill and to send a message - rather than the girls stumbling across something.
    Speaking of Taylor's facial shots, it appears she was shot with two different size bullets as per: Page 3, below VI, last paragraph it states:

Two damaged copper coated lead bullets, small in size and one medium size copper jacketed bullet recovered.

The gunshot wound of the right cheek and right hand could have been inflicted by a single bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by c2cd208 View Post
    Just wanted to update you all, our trip is being delayed. The load were taking out West is a load of chicken. The load is not loaded yet and when it is loaded it will take the first driver of it 4 hours to get it to us. So were far behind. But we still have our flyers and have the plan to stop in the area we just will not be making it there tonight. It is 4:30 here and it takes us about 9 hours to make it to that stop, and were not even on the road yet. We will still make the stop, just not at the time we expected. I wanted to let you all know so you wont be expecting any news from us tonight or in the AM.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear your "report" .

I have been away since July 21st and have read the autopsy reports for the first time. I will go back and read them more closely once I try to catch up.

I am convinced now though that it makes sense that there are two shooters. I see one of them as more methodical and cold. The other shooter I see as not as sure of himself or not enraged or cunning as much...he may be younger than the first shooter. He may not be the one that was the mastermind but the follower, instead.

This looks nothing like a professional hit, imo. It is way to chaotic and haphazard. Too many risks taken for a professional hit, imo.

The shots to the face shows someone very capable of murder. They would know that those shots most likely would be lethal such as the chest shots. The other injuries to Skyla either could mean the killer or killers were toying with her before they murdered her. Feasting off the fact that she had to be terrified beyond words especially if Taylor was shot and killed first which I believe she was. I have wondered if Taylor may have stepped forward toward the killers vehicle making herself further away from Skyla. With her purse still over her shoulder it seems she was shot immediately. I don't see the groin shot as having some message. I think Taylor was shot in the groin to help render her helpless and for them to gain control of the situation quickly.

I do believe that teenagers could have done this easily. I have seen some of them at arcades, where they fire what looks like real weapons at human figures on a screen. I have been amazed at how fast and accurate they are when hitting their "target".

The repetitive shots on an open country road reminds me of someone who is extremely immature and more focused on what they came to do rather than the chances they were taking but I have always believed that murderers are the highest risk takers of all, excluding hit men who are always cautious and methodical. The typical murderer does not look at the overall view and logic but has tunnel vision when carrying out what they have planned to do.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

The groin shot was with a different gun.

The angle of the shot is such that if Taylor was standing straight up the gun would have to be fired upward from just off the end of her toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    The groin shot was with a different gun.

The angle of the shot is such that if Taylor was standing straight up the gun would have to be fired upward from just off the end of her toes.
    Violation with a bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I have been away since July 21st and have read the autopsy reports for the first time. I will go back and read them more closely once I try to catch up.

I am convinced now though that it makes sense that there are two shooters. I see one of them as more methodical and cold. The other shooter I see as not as sure of himself or not enraged or cunning as much...he may be younger than the first shooter. He may not be the one that was the mastermind but the follower, instead.

This looks nothing like a professional hit, imo. It is way to chaotic and haphazard. Too many risks taken for a professional hit, imo.

The shots to the face shows someone very capable of murder. They would know that those shots most likely would be lethal such as the chest shots. The other injuries to Skyla either could mean the killer or killers were toying with her before they murdered her. Feasting off the fact that she had to be terrified beyond words especially if Taylor was shot and killed first which I believe she was. I have wondered if Taylor may have stepped forward toward the killers vehicle making herself further away from Skyla. With her purse still over her shoulder it seems she was shot immediately. I don't see the groin shot as having some message. I think Taylor was shot in the groin to help render her helpless and for them to gain control of the situation quickly.

I do believe that teenagers could have done this easily. I have seen some of them at arcades, where they fire what looks like real weapons at human figures on a screen. I have been amazed at how fast and accurate they are when hitting their "target".

The repetitive shots on an open country road reminds me of someone who is extremely immature and more focused on what they came to do rather than the chances they were taking but I have always believed that murderers are the highest risk takers of all, excluding hit men who are always cautious and methodical. The typical murderer does not look at the overall view and logic but has tunnel vision when carrying out what they have planned to do.

imoo
    I agree OBE that there were two shooters. But I really go back and forth on the amateur versus professsional point. I just don't know what to think! According to what we do know, there was a very short window of time here. I may be mistaken, but I do not believe we know for sure if these girls made it to the bridge. Hopefully, LE has had contact with another kid or kids who were there and saw them. That will help to narrow down the time factor - if we can believe what time they left the home. What nags at me is how many unsavory people were in and around both of the girl's lives. Even with that, why target these children? Just doesn't make any sense!

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
    Violation with a bullet!

Oftentimes, when there is a shot such as the groin shot, the shot is committed post mortum. Personally, the groin shot really bothered me. I hope for her sake that it was administered post mortem so that she didn't have to suffer anymore than she already had. Either way, it is awful.

GannyP is offline Proud to be an American, the Government- not so much.

ZZZZZs

Hi, I'm mainly a lurker with an occasional post, I was catching up this evening and saw you were discussing the Zs. I grew up a military brat (all over the word). A lot of countries put a line or hash mark through their Zs as they do their 7s. I picked the habit up as a pre-teen because I thought it made me seem more worldly and knowledgeable. lol Perhaps they had seen this somewhere and did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

imoo

Could be, or it's possible one of the girls was the target and the other just collateral damage. Therefore the coldness and rage directed at one would not be there for the other.

I do agree that this is noway a professional or hired hit. My initial opinion when I heard about this case was a thrill kill by teenage boys, and I'm starting to drift back that way a little. I still would not rule out one shooter though. The POI was seen by a few different people, and as far as I know he was one person..unless another person (younger) was crouched down in the truck.

Glad to have ya' back and always glad to read your opinion on cases.
    Last edited by evelyn24; 08-13-2008 at 01:06 AM.

I just re-read the report. Taylor shows abrasions, with there being a bullet hole in her right hand and abrasions on her left side it seems to me that she put her right hand up in defence mode and fell on her left side. I believe that one of the shots to the face is one of the shots that went through her hand. The face shots were first IMO then the others. The bullet wound to the abdomin to me seems like it was made after she fell and was on the ground, like the attacker(s) were standing at her feet or close to her feet when that shot was fired.

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by GannyP View Post
    Hi, I'm mainly a lurker with an occasional post, I was catching up this evening and saw you were discussing the Zs. I grew up a military brat (all over the word). A lot of countries put a line or hash mark through their Zs as they do their 7s. I picked the habit up as a pre-teen because I thought it made me seem more worldly and knowledgeable. lol Perhaps they had seen this somewhere and did the same.
    GannyP~
    I do the same thing w/ my 7's and Z's. I also started when I was young because I thought I was cool to do something that was different. Now my daughter has picked up my habit!!! LOL.

I said it then http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=382 and stand by it now. I think this is the work of two young men. I personally do not see this as a pro hit, I think Taylor was the target as others have said and I think Skyla was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

GannyP is offline Proud to be an American, the Government- not so much.
    Ruflossn,aren't we cool!

I said it then http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=382 and stand by it now. I think this is the work of two young men. I personally do not see this as a pro hit, I think Taylor was the target as others have said and I think Skyla was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    If this is the case, then there is at least one other kid out there, IMO, who knows why this may have happened. I just cannot believe that a teenager could keep this under their hat - unless they are afraid of retaliation. If there were two teen shooters, one of them will turn on the other - I hope. Or at least one of their families is onto them. These were brutal, and possibly, very personal murders. Teenagers, no matter the motive, will tip their hands at some point.

Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    I completely agree that poor Skyla was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    If this is the case, then there is at least one other kid out there, IMO, who knows why this may have happened. I just cannot believe that a teenager could keep this under their hat - unless they are afraid of retaliation. If there were two teen shooters, one of them will turn on the other - I hope. Or at least one of their families is onto them. These were brutal, and possibly, very personal murders. Teenagers, no matter the motive, will tip their hands at some point.

Let's pray that there were two killers. That is the best case scenario right now to solve these murders. If it was teenagers, I believe they have some pretty determined parents who will stop at nothing to protect them. Pretty scary thought though. I'd be afraid if I were them. What's to stop them from killing the parents so they won't talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren - CA View Post
    Let's pray that there were two killers. That is the best case scenario right now to solve these murders. If it was teenagers, I believe they have some pretty determined parents who will stop at nothing to protect them. Pretty scary thought though. I'd be afraid if I were them. What's to stop them from killing the parents so they won't talk?
    What’s to stop one from killing the other to hush the other one? And it not necessarily look like murder. IE: Suicide, sudden overdose, car accident?

Anyone local know if there have been any suicides of young men or suspicious looking accidents where a young man has died recently?

If we have learnt one thing from the Caylee case it is that kids these days can completely disassociate. It is possible that these person(s) or person has that ability.

What’s to stop one from killing the other to hush the other one? And it not necessarily look like murder. IE: Suicide, sudden overdose, car accident?

Anyone local know if there have been any suicides of young men or suspicious looking accidents where a young man has died recently?

If we have learnt one thing from the Caylee case it is that kids these days can completely disassociate. It is possible that these person(s) or person has that ability.

OMG - I have 2 teenagers (great kids BTW), but if I knew or even suspected one of them could have done something like THIS - I would not hesitate to turn them in! But that's just me - and I do believe I would be in the minority. IDK about suicides in this area - have to hope LE would be all over that - but I do recall hearing there are some folks in the area who have been difficult to track down. Hard to believe they're summering at their vacation homes....

I had an interesting conversation with a bonafide Bandido today. While there are those that may be total scumbags, the impression I got was the majority would never mess with kids and those that would mess with kids like that stood to be sought after by the majority. I found it quite intriguing. Anyway, just thought I would mention it. Their "brothers" wouldn't be hiding them if they knew I guess is my point.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Eldon Kelough

I posted this back in an older thread, but Eldon Kelough is a former police officer with the Creek Nation Tribal Police (The Light Horsemen). He is no longer in that position but supposedly did call the Okfuskee Cty Sheriff's Dept and offer his "help" in this case - he was told he wasn't needed. And yes, his family (and extended family) have a long and colorful history with LE - from the other side. The family are "Creek Tribal Members" - I believe they are all at least 1/4 Native American - some perhaps more, 1/2+ Native American. They would possibly know a dozen local people matching the description of the POI and they live only a little over a mile from the crime scene. According to my local contact the POI was seen at least by one witness prior to the gunshots on the road to that goes past the Kelough's property (off Bryant Road - the road just N of the crime scene). The family does own firearms.

LE would like to speak with several of the Southern Family Men that are staying (at least part of the time) with or on the Kelough property. I believe Tavis (married to Crystal Kelough) is the youngest mentioned - early 30's.

My Opinion
    If you're not part of the solution,
    you're part of the problem.

~Eldridge Cleaver ~

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast