View Poll Results: Should Cindy, and/or George be charged??

Voters
1241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they should be

    774 62.37%
  • No They shouldn't be

    150 12.09%
  • I dunno yet

    317 25.54%
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 846

Thread: Should Cindy and George be charged? Do They Need An Attorney?

  1. #26
    curiositycat's Avatar
    curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by MomOfECS View Post
    I know as a parent my first priority ... if I got my daughters car back after being abandoned for two weeks wreaking of death.. Would be to find my daughter and granddaughter and make sure they were both ok... not clean the car and do laundry.
    I am with you. I would also like to say that being a parent doesn't give you the right to break the law because you love your children. You have to love your child enough to make them responsible citizens. Getting you kids out of trouble doesn't help them in the long run. Making them face the consequences of their bad decisions makes better people out of them. IMHO
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,060
    Cat-I agree but I've never had to think about one facing the death penalty that's all I'm saying. Speeding ticket, under age drinking, no chores-no allowance, skipping school sure...death penalty I would hope I could do the right thing but I'm human and I don't know what I would do and I don't think anyone else knows either.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ShouldBWorking For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    19,433

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    I am with you. I would also like to say that being a parent doesn't give you the right to break the law because you love your children. You have to love your child enough to make them responsible citizens. Getting you kids out of trouble doesn't help them in the long run. Making them face the consequences of their bad decisions makes better people out of them. IMHO
    Excellent post! Someone who believes in personal responsibility. Too much of that is lacking in society these days. If Casey were my daughter, I wouldn't be shielding her, hard as it would be, I'd make her face the consequences of her actions.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  5. #29
    curiositycat's Avatar
    curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by ShouldBWorking View Post
    Cat-I agree but I've never had to think about one facing the death penalty that's all I'm saying. Speeding ticket, under age drinking, no chores-no allowance, skipping school sure...death penalty I would hope I could do the right thing but I'm human and I don't know what I would do and I don't think anyone else knows either.
    I do, I know what I would do. You sometimes have to love enough to do the right thing even when it breaks your heart so much that there is not enough superglue in the world to put it back together.
    Last edited by curiositycat; 08-07-2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    82
    How can anyone of us answer YES ?

    Being charged with a crime is SERIOUS. We are not privy to the information that LE has. We are only privy to tid-bits of information, media reports and many claims we read on boards such as this. ( Which many posts here have FALSE information on them! )

    They have been deemed most likely guilty by public opinion. Definitely not by ANY proof we know of.

    I love these boards for bouncing off theories to each other... but CHARGES? We DON'T know the INSIDES of this case. Seems like trial by public jury without ALL of the information even released.

    Just my opinion ...

  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    19,433

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by logic13 View Post
    How can anyone of us answer YES ?

    Being charged with a crime is SERIOUS. We are not privy to the information that LE has. We are only privy to tid-bits of information, media reports and many claims we read on boards such as this. ( Which many posts here have FALSE information on them! )

    They have been deemed most likely guilty by public opinion. Definitely not by ANY proof we know of.

    I love these boards for bouncing off theories to each other... but CHARGES? We DON'T know the INSIDES of this case. Seems like trial by public jury without ALL of the information even released.

    Just my opinion ...
    And yet, 29 of us do believe they've obstructed justice with their actions, actions of the guilty, like Scott Peterson and his family...
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  8. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    I do, I know what I would do. You sometimes have to love enough to do the right thing even when it breaks your heart so much that there is not enough superglue in the world to put it back together.
    I couldn't have said it any better...

  9. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    dillon texas
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by MomOfECS View Post
    I know as a parent my first priority ... if I got my daughters car back after being abandoned for two weeks wreaking of death.. Would be to find my daughter and granddaughter and make sure they were both ok... not clean the car and do laundry.
    I agree with you and curiositycat.

  10. #34
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,050
    I voted 'I don't know". Most of the times I think these parents are just goofy and are trying to protect their family and I do think they are trying to protect Casey to some extent. I do not believe they are obstructing justice or purposefully hiding evidence. But I do think they don't know what happened to caylee and want to find out. I think they are in deep denial. I don't know what it will take to get them out of it. I think they waiver back and forth themselves. I do hope they come to see what we all see and get this daughter to tell them what she did to Caylee. BTW, I really don't think Caylee was killed in that home. I think she was killed elsewhere but I believe Casey brought her back there to 'hide' her for a while til she could decide what to do.

  11. #35
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,624
    Quote Originally Posted by logic13 View Post
    How can anyone of us answer YES ?

    Being charged with a crime is SERIOUS. We are not privy to the information that LE has. We are only privy to tid-bits of information, media reports and many claims we read on boards such as this. ( Which many posts here have FALSE information on them! )

    They have been deemed most likely guilty by public opinion. Definitely not by ANY proof we know of.

    I love these boards for bouncing off theories to each other... but CHARGES? We DON'T know the INSIDES of this case. Seems like trial by public jury without ALL of the information even released.

    Just my opinion ...
    We can because this is America and we are each entitled to our 'opinions', based on information and facts we have seen right before our eyes. Just because some of us are of the opinion that charges should be filed, doesn't mean that they would be found guilty by a jury of their peers!

    Being charged is not the same as being found guilty. So we are not trying them by a public jury. Just by public opinion. IMOO.

    Isn't this a great country!?!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:


  13. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    And yet, 29 of us do believe they've obstructed justice with their actions, actions of the guilty, like Scott Peterson and his family...
    Hi Linas. I do think that we are walking a very fine line with respect to being a victim friendly forum and accusing the Anthony's of criminal activity.
    We even gave the Peterson's the benefit of the doubt for a very long time and were not allowed to speak so harshly of them until much later in the investigation.

    I think things have calmed down a bit here at the forum regarding references to the Anthony's. Imo that is good because at this point they are not suspects, they are not charged with anything, they are not even people of interest.
    They are grandparents with a missing, possibly dead granddaughter and a looney tune for a daughter.
    I have a lot of sympathy for them and I hope they have a lot of support when the truth is revealed.

    With that said, I don;t think there is a single one among us that would assume our granddaughter was dead at this point. I think each and every one of us would hold out hope til the bitter end. I have seen refernces that the Anthony's are stupid or idiotic to believe that their granddaughter is alive and I think that is harsh.
    I would hope and pray for a miracle. they happen sometimes.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  15. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post
    Do you think Cindy and or George should be charged?? For withholding evidince, obstruction of justice, Tampering with evidence, or accessory after the fact?? With the new evidence it seems like Cindy knew all along what happened, and waited several days before telling the police that she washed clothing of Casey's that smelled of the car!

    Please choose your answer, and state your reason here!
    YES YES AND YES. Washing the clothes was the final straw. Yes, she loves her child , of course. But that isn't an excuse to get rid of evidence....time and time again, Cindy has proven that she feels she is above the law. And it really pisses me off. Stand up and hold your child accountable. For your granddaughter, if not for yourself.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to SusieClue For This Useful Post:


  17. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hi Linas. I do think that we are walking a very fine line with respect to being a victim friendly forum and accusing the Anthony's of criminal activity.
    We even gave the Peterson's the benefit of the doubt for a very long time and were not allowed to speak so harshly of them until much later in the investigation.

    I think things have calmed down a bit here at the forum regarding references to the Anthony's. Imo that is good because at this point they are not suspects, they are not charged with anything, they are not even people of interest.
    They are grandparents with a missing, possibly dead granddaughter and a looney tune for a daughter.
    I have a lot of sympathy for them and I hope they have a lot of support when the truth is revealed.

    With that said, I don;t think there is a single one among us that would assume our granddaughter was dead at this point. I think each and every one of us would hold out hope til the bitter end. I have seen refernces that the Anthony's are stupid or idiotic to believe that their granddaughter is alive and I think that is harsh.
    I would hope and pray for a miracle. they happen sometimes.
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

  18. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    19,433
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hi Linas. I do think that we are walking a very fine line with respect to being a victim friendly forum and accusing the Anthony's of criminal activity.
    We even gave the Peterson's the benefit of the doubt for a very long time and were not allowed to speak so harshly of them until much later in the investigation.

    I think things have calmed down a bit here at the forum regarding references to the Anthony's. Imo that is good because at this point they are not suspects, they are not charged with anything, they are not even people of interest.
    They are grandparents with a missing, possibly dead granddaughter and a looney tune for a daughter.
    I have a lot of sympathy for them and I hope they have a lot of support when the truth is revealed.

    With that said, I don;t think there is a single one among us that would assume our granddaughter was dead at this point. I think each and every one of us would hold out hope til the bitter end. I have seen refernces that the Anthony's are stupid or idiotic to believe that their granddaughter is alive and I think that is harsh.
    I would hope and pray for a miracle. they happen sometimes.
    The clincher for me is the decomposition smell in the car, the grandmother- a nurse, recognized the smell, knew her granddaughter was missing, then started backpedaling and trying to blame it on rotting pizza. Sorry, I've smelled rotting food accidentally left in a car for a very long period of time, it wouldn't be the same as decomp. smell.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  19. The Following User Says Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:


  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hi Linas. I do think that we are walking a very fine line with respect to being a victim friendly forum and accusing the Anthony's of criminal activity.
    We even gave the Peterson's the benefit of the doubt for a very long time and were not allowed to speak so harshly of them until much later in the investigation.

    I think things have calmed down a bit here at the forum regarding references to the Anthony's. Imo that is good because at this point they are not suspects, they are not charged with anything, they are not even people of interest.
    They are grandparents with a missing, possibly dead granddaughter and a looney tune for a daughter.
    I have a lot of sympathy for them and I hope they have a lot of support when the truth is revealed.

    With that said, I don;t think there is a single one among us that would assume our granddaughter was dead at this point. I think each and every one of us would hold out hope til the bitter end. I have seen refernces that the Anthony's are stupid or idiotic to believe that their granddaughter is alive and I think that is harsh.
    I would hope and pray for a miracle. they happen sometimes.
    JBean, I respect your opinion. Totally.

    But I also believe the grandmother has LIED to LE from the start. I believe she has tampered with the evidence concerning the clothes and gas cans and who knows whatelse. She lies and lies and lies.
    How does lying help her grandchild?

    None of us would be saying anything negative at all about the Anthonys had they told the truth from the very start of the case. There is another thread on this board about all the lies Grandma has told and it makes me sick thinking about all the time wasted because she cannot tell the truth.

    Grandma went on the news and told people to stop wasting time on looking at Caseys partying pictures and get out there and help find her granddaughter! WHAT? What has SHE done to find Caylee? I have not seen her out in her backyard digging around looking at where the dogs :hit: I have not seen her beating on doors, handing out flyers and walking through bushes. NOPE! All I have seen of her is looking her best, with a microphone in front of her debasing those who are trying to actually HELP find her granddaughter.

    She has hurt the investigation by the lies and half truths and that is evil and should be a crime.

    (Added: I pray everyday that Caylee is safe and being loved by someone and that Casey is telling the truth. I WANT TO BE WRONG!!)

  21. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,412
    So, why didn't the LE collect those clothes when they were out there the night of the 911 call?

  22. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    JBean, I respect your opinion. Totally.

    But I also believe the grandmother has LIED to LE from the start. I believe she has tampered with the evidence concerning the clothes and gas cans and who knows whatelse. She lies and lies and lies.
    How does lying help her grandchild?

    None of us would be saying anything negative at all about the Anthonys had they told the truth from the very start of the case. There is another thread on this board about all the lies Grandma has told and it makes me sick thinking about all the time wasted because she cannot tell the truth.

    Grandma went on the news and told people to stop wasting time on looking at Caseys partying pictures and get out there and help find her granddaughter! WHAT? What has SHE done to find Caylee? I have not seen her out in her backyard digging around looking at where the dogs :hit: I have not seen her beating on doors, handing out flyers and walking through bushes. NOPE! All I have seen of her is looking her best, with a microphone in front of her debasing those who are trying to actually HELP find her granddaughter.

    She has hurt the investigation by the lies and half truths and that is evil and should be a crime.

    (Added: I pray everyday that Caylee is safe and being loved by someone and that Casey is telling the truth. I WANT TO BE WRONG!!)
    Hi Pixies. I totally respect your opinion as well.
    How exactly has she hurt the investigation? I personally don't think she has lied and lied and lied, nor do I think she is evil.

  23. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    241
    Thanks for the poll - I am sure it really got a bunch on here thinking.
    Honestly I did vote I dunno as I am not sure at this moment what they could be charged with. Im sure the LE will be charging them if LE finds that they commited a crime, knowingly or not. Time will tell us the truth either way.

  24. #44
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,624
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    So, why didn't the LE collect those clothes when they were out there the night of the 911 call?
    My guess is that initially LE took Cindy and Casey at their word, that Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez had kidnapped Caylee. I would hope and pray that it is a very minute percentage of people who would ever conspire to lie and create a false report about a child kidnapping. OCSO probably found out that George was former LE that very first night, which probably gave this family a little more credibility than the average family.

    What basis would you think that LE would've had to collect an alleged victim's (of a child kidnapping) clothing the night the victim reported the 'alleged' abduction?

  25. #45
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleve N Fla View Post
    Thanks for the poll - I am sure it really got a bunch on here thinking.
    Honestly I did vote I dunno as I am not sure at this moment what they could be charged with. Im sure the LE will be charging them if LE finds that they commited a crime, knowingly or not. Time will tell us the truth either way.
    Aleve, I thought that 'Tampering with Evidence', as suggested by someone earlier (CuriosityCat?) would be an appropriate charge.

  26. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

    What basis would you think that LE would've had to collect an alleged victim's (of a child kidnapping) clothing the night the victim reported the 'alleged' abduction?
    Well, you'd hope that LE would have thought it was just a tad odd that the mother didn't bother mentioning that she lost her daughter for 31 DAYS!!!! Just a big ho-hum from the "good mother."

    If that doesn't send up red flags, I guess nothing will in Florida.

  27. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    497
    I voted I don't know because at this point we don't know everything. For them to be arrested, they have to knowingly obstruct justice/cover for their daughter. There would have to be proof that they did this intentionally. Certainly that would be a hard thing to prove... Even if it was intentional, how would you prove it? "Well Mrs Anthony should have known better" and "Yes, perhaps she should have but was her intent to obstruct justice or simply to clean up the mess? Afterall she has a lot on her plate and might just not be thinking clearly at this point." Yada Yada Yada. So where is the proof of intent?
    This is quite different than drinking, getting behind the wheel, and running someone over. Intent, of course, doesn't matter there.
    But here, intent has to be present and I don't know how they could possibly prove that without a tapped phone call or something where Cindy or George SAYS that they did it intentionally.
    They very well may have, at this point I don't know for certain.... but either way there is no proof of intent.

  28. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,732
    I voted I don't know. But when the truth about Caylee is finally out, if it's proven that Casey's parents hindered the investigation on purpose, I think they should be charged accordingly.

  29. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    488
    I'm not happy w/them, but I'm not sure about charges.

  30. #50
    JBean~ With all due respect, the Petersons were not the last people known to have been with Lacy or not involved in covering up any criminal wrong doing by their son such as possibly tampering with evidence, misleading an investigation, or witholding information for 31 days. You simply can't say this about the grandparents in this case.

    Granted, they have lost their granddaughter and I do take that into account. However, the discrepancies from both of Casey's parents in this case says they are more interested in covering for their own daughter than truly finding their grandchild. They haven't been out searching. They haven't done so many things that people in their position would do to find Caylee. It is very sad, but it is where we are at this juncture.

    I do feel like charges are going to be filed against the grandparents once everything comes to light. Their stories are beginning to twist and turn on each other's statements and there is much more to this than meets the eye.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody, Part 2
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 11:34 PM
  2. 2008.08.06 Cindy on NG
    By santos1014 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 02:43 AM
  3. If You Were George and Cindy
    By ShouldBWorking in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:20 AM
  4. Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •