Reports: Bus crash north of Dallas kills 13

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A charter bus ran off a highway overpass north of Dallas and crashed onto its side on a roadway below, authorities said. Reports said as many as 13 were killed.

The bus carrying 55 people to Missouri from Houston may have blown a tire, said Sherman police Lt. Robert Fair.

The Dallas Morning News and KHOU-TV quoted Sherman police as saying 12 adults died at the scene and another died at a Dallas hospital.

The Herald Democrat of Sherman reported the bus came to a rest on its right side in the northbound lane of an access road below U.S. 75.

The accident happened at 12:45 a.m. Friday, Fair said. Scores of injured were being rushed to Sherman and Dallas hospitals via helicopter ambulances.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080808/ap_on_re_us/texas_bus_crash;_ylt=AudpDrV.e3ADF.m6scpWUYys0NUE

This is so sad. My prayers to all the families of those involved in this tragedy.

This reminds me of the bus crash in Atlanta about a year ago involving a college baseball team from Ohio. It happened in much the same way. Prayers for the families involved in this, just horrible.

Good grief - the bus was unlicensed and the tire had been illegally retread. Neither company (BusMex or Angel Tours) was authorized to operate carriers. (unsatisfactory review)

"God called them home"? No; sounds like negligence and murder to me. Terrible.

Good grief - the bus was unlicensed and the tire had been illegally retread. Neither company (BusMex or Angel Tours) was authorized to operate carriers. (unsatisfactory review)

"God called them home"? No; sounds like negligence and murder to me. Terrible.

This is terrible. I heard this on the news this morning, but I didn't know these details.

I with you, it sounds like negligence and murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back