Paul Newman to Die at Home

That's tough. He was one of the good guys. Notice he has been married to his wife for 50 years this year. In Hollywood that's quite commendable. At least he has made his peace and that perhaps is a blessing. No one has beat the rap yet. And we're in the same long line to an inevitable end ourselves.

I'm so very sad to hear this. He is such a nice man.

He's left such a wonderful legacy with his movies and charitable businesses.

I'm sure his family is having a difficult time with this. Fortunately, he lived a long and happy life.

God bless him and his family.

fran

So, so sad. He was someone you could feel good about.

My grandma, my mom and I all admit to finding him handsome and sexy. :) God bless his family.

God Bless him!

From the Folk Ballad 'The Parting Glass'

My dearest dear, the time draws near when here no longer can I stay
There's not a comrade I leave behind, but is grieving for my going away
But since it has so ordered been what is once past can't be recalled
Now fill to me the parting glass, good night and joy be with you all

How truly sad. He's such a great actor and a good guy and a cutie, even when he's old. I know he was one of my brother's idols too...
Also love his spaghetti sauce and salad dressings. He will be greatly missed.

Newman is one of Hollywood's GREATS. I remember first noticing him in The Sting when I was about 11 or 12 years old. He was so handsome and charming. His wife, Joanne Woodward, is also a class act. They make an admirable couple.

I always buy Newman's salad dressings and salsa. Yummy! :lick:

My favorite movie of all time???

Cool Hand Luke.

I love him.

Grrrrrr, cancer is such a *advertiser censored*!!!!! WHY can't we find a cure??????????

This breaks my heart. God bless him and Joanne, and their family. Paul was always one of the best.

Prayers for a safe journey Paul..and prayers to all his family and friends.
God Bless..what beautiful blue eyes..from Cool Hand Luke to Sundance Kid..always a handsome man, a kind man.
Peace to you and yours.

All I have to say is I hope the tide turns easily for you, Mr. Newman-you will be sorely missed.

How sad that one of the greats will pass. I hope that it is with the dignity that he so deserves and peaceful for his family.
Prayers for all of them as they ready for this sad day.

Not to discount this info, but, I'd like to know why the British papers are reporting this and none in the US... this reminds me of the Liz Taylor on life support thread... which turned out not to be true.

If it is true, then prayers to Mr. Newman and his family.

Not to discount this info, but, I'd like to know why the British papers are reporting this and none in the US... this reminds me of the Liz Taylor on life support thread... which turned out not to be true.

If it is true, then prayers to Mr. Newman and his family.

I think this is a Australian link but having a fair amount of experience with cancer families, I believe this story is close to the truth.

I'm glad he's at home; I just hope he doesn't have to suffer too much; cancer is brutal; may he rest in Peace and his family have Peace. Seems like he is a really fine man who made a difference.

Dad just passed away July 7th in hospice of pancreatic cancer, and I don't think he had a lot of pain. His caretakers were very aggressive in assessing pain or discomfort. Sometimes when people aren't thinking clearly they may not communicate pain as well, but these folks would gently rub his abdomen and say do you hurt here? And the meds always helped. While I can't step inside him and say no he had no pain, I don't think he was ever miserable. Always seemed comfortable when we were with him. It helped me have a little less "fear" of cancer too. I've not really had a fear of dying for years, but feared the pain of dying, and seeing him reassured me that although there may be some discomfort, it's not agony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back