Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on Fox Cindy talking about Caylee's birthday tomorrow. "it will be hard on the family, but even harder on Casey". "She (Casey) spent her vist last Sunday' with her dad crying about Caylee". "She hoped Caylee would be home for her birthday and that she (Casey) would be home to."

~Sorry if this is a repeat.

Does anyone have more information about the car with the baby's carseat LE just pulled from a pond?

I posted this very early on, a few times, I would assume Baez is working on a pre- agreed upon percentage of "exclusive rights" to a possible book, tv, or movie deal, this is very common in high profile cases and frankly, can end up in pro bono for him in the end. Notoriety in the legal profession unless it is your own indiscression, is never a bad thing.

blink, i heart you. but, legally at least, an attorney cannot accept future rights in a book or movie deal for the case he or she is currently working on. you can accept them for another endeavor, but not for the case you are taking future rights for in payment...

i think he may be working on a partial retainer, but i really don't know.

Just heard on Fox Cindy talking about Caylee's birthday tomorrow. "it will be hard on the family, but even harder on Casey". "She (Casey) spent her vist last Sunday' with her dad crying about Caylee". "She hoped Caylee would be home for her birthday and that she (Casey) would be home to."

~Sorry if this is a repeat.

:furious::puke:

Makes me ill.

Just heard on Fox Cindy talking ......snip.......

Several of you have mentioned Fox. I have been watching national Fox News. Are you all on local? I haven't seen a report on Caylee/parents in a while.

Does anyone have more information about the car with the baby's carseat LE just pulled from a pond?

They found three cars today and stated that none of them have anything to do with the case.

Now... was another reason suggested for the black out paper besides using luminol.

Because I'm not sure where blood would come into play for an accidental drowning....

Sorry, we overlapped. Thanks for the links on the cars.

Now... was another reason suggested for the black out paper besides using luminol.

Because I'm not sure where blood would come into play for an accidental drowning....

Luminol exposes blood AND bodily fluids.

blink, i heart you. but, legally at least, an attorney cannot accept future rights in a book or movie deal for the case he or she is currently working on. you can accept them for another endeavor, but not for the case you are taking future rights for in payment...

i think he may be working on a partial retainer, but i really don't know.
Couldn't he take the case pro bono with the unstated intention of later writing a book?

By creating his own intellectual property, he would automatically own the distribution rights without needing to obtain any "story" rights from others about whom he's writing, no?

pulled from the other thread

Could the grandparents and friends organize a search of nearby fields and water areas? They could. But with what excuse? Why that field and that water area? Why not the one on the other street? What I mean they had no lead to do this or do that. But the grandparents at that moment were still believing or hoping that their daughter was telling the truth about the nanny? The only reason they had to start looking close to their home was when they found out that no nanny existed, no valid information of the child's whereabouts existed, so if they had to start from somewhere they were going to start from the nearby fields and rivers/lakes. And this is what the police is doing right now actually. Since they have no valid information from Casey they are cheacking nearby areas just in case.

I *think* if it was me in this situation I would have begged the public for help and contacted the groups that manage this type of thing and said I don't have any evidence of where to look but I can't just sit here waiting, lets grid search from my house outward. The people who chose to come would be volunteers with accurate info and the people who thought it was ridiculous wouldn't have to show up. I can't imagine just waiting. It is not an illogical starting point either considering Casey and Caylee lived there and it is the last place seen. I would probably suggest the Sawhill apts as the second choice since Casey claims she left her there.

Several of you have mentioned Fox. I have been watching national Fox News. Are you all on local? I haven't seen a report on Caylee/parents in a while.

No, it was the national news, just came on about 30 minutes ago. The Fox update news.

Is anyone going to watch Nancy Grace tonight? I have stopped bacause the information lately seems to be things we've already discussed a day or two before. The headline on her website for tonight's show says "Results of DNA Tests?". I'm guessing this is just a sensationalized headline since the "?" is included in the title. I'm sure other news outlets would have reported results today if they were available. I sometimes watch when she has friends or the family on, but there is no mention of that listed for tonight.

I'm going to try and watch it wishingtree. She just gets so annoying showing those pics over and over again. I swear you hear the same thing at least three times in the show!

Couldn't he take the case pro bono with the unstated intention of later writing a book?

By creating his own intellectual property, he would automatically own the distribution rights without needing to obtain any "story" rights from others about whom he's writing, no?

he could write his own book eventually, sure. look at vincent bugliosi's helter skelter book. but as for profiting from a future movie or book deal created now, in payment for his current legal services, he couldn't accept such a payment plan (legally, that is - god knows lawyers break the ethics regulations all of the time). the thing is, as a sole practitioner, i really dont think he would work for free right now. and i doubt he took the case, initially, thinking it would be the blockbuster that it has become. so i dont know how he is being financed...

unless a third party, like the guy who offered to pay the reward, is footing the bill. does that make any sense?

Thanks for the luminol info....

NG is going to be screaming BOMBSHELLS isn't she? I may need wine for this.

Is anyone going to watch Nancy Grace tonight? I have stopped bacause the information lately seems to be things we've already discussed a day or two before. The headline on her website for tonight's show says "Results of DNA Tests?". I'm guessing this is just a sensationalized headline since the "?" is included in the title. I'm sure other news outlets would have reported results today if they were available. I sometimes watch when she has friends or the family on, but there is no mention of that listed for tonight.

I won't. She gives me a headache. I'm watching the opening ceremony for the Olympics. I'll watch here to stay updated, though.

:furious::puke:

Makes me ill.

I know what you mean...I haven't heard her crying in any of the phone calls. Just the visit with dad where no one heard what went on. ;)

But, I guess they've decided that Caylee and Casey won't be home tomorrow. Too sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam