MO MO - Andrew Bethmann, 37, St Charles County, 26 July 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...897D0AB877E0D2468625749F000FF397?OpenDocument

08-08-08

For more than a week, Bethmann has joined worried relatives and friends roaming neighborhoods and secluded industrial zones of the Metro East area in search of Andy Bethmann, 37, of St. Charles County. Bethmann vanished the night of July 26 after leaving a bar in St. Charles.

They are desperate to find his missing brown Chevrolet Blazer or any other clues to his disappearance. Police have no evidence Bethmann was abducted or murdered, but no solid leads to follow either.

and

The last sign of Bethmann was a cell phone call to his girlfriend about 90 minutes after he left the Baha Rock Club at 305 North Main Street at 11 p.m.

"He told me he was on his way downtown and he could see the Arch," said Heather Bain, 31, a bartender in St. Charles.

Bain said she called his cell phone after her shift about 3 a.m. and got his voice mail. Police said the call connected through an East St. Louis cellular tower, which is why Chris Bethmann and friends believe Andy Bethmann may have gone to a Metro East bar or club.

more at link

pic
bethmann230aug8.jpg

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...897D0AB877E0D2468625749F000FF397?OpenDocument

Chris Bethmann tramples the waist-high weeds behind a crumbling abandoned meatpacking plant outside East St. Louis, looking for any sign of his missing kid brother.

The only sounds in the industrial forest near the old National Stock Yards on Thursday are the hum of cicadas and whoosh of cars speeding across the nearby Martin Luther King Bridge.

"I doubt that anyone's been back here in awhile," says Bethmann, 46, of St. Charles. "No tracks. No footprints. No nothing."

For more than a week, Bethmann has joined worried relatives and friends roaming neighborhoods and secluded industrial zones of the Metro East area in search of Andy Bethmann, 37, of St. Charles County. Bethmann vanished the night of July 26 after leaving a bar in St. Charles. more at link

This is near our area. Just saw this today. There are soooo many possible places to hide the vehicle.

FOUND

Missing St. Peters man's body found in East St. Louis

By Gail Appleson
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH​
08/10/2008

EAST ST. LOUIS -- The decomposed body found Saturday outside an East St. Louis church has been identified as a 37-year-old St. Charles man who has been missing since the evening of July 26.

Andrew W. Bethmann was the victim of a homicide and is believed to have been killed between the time of his disappearance and July 28 in the vicinity where his body was found, said Lt. David Hayes of the Major Case Squad

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...9C38B11E46C1064E862574A2000B65D8?OpenDocument

Prayers for the family...

So very sad.

We must continuiously remind our loved ones how vunerable one is when leaving a bar or when drinking at a party, etc. I seriously do not believe that young people realize that they are such easy targets and in such danger. (Not that we know that Andy ever made it to a bar, but this scenerio just made me realize how much I need to remind the young people in my own life to be cautious. They must remember to protect themselves by celebrating in groups and never leave bars alone making themselves vunerable to situations which put their lives in such danger.)

I couldn't agree more. I don't think that young people realize how dangerous this world has become. Seem to be a killer around every corner. I wonder if his vehicle was found yet? My heart goes out to the family and friends of this young man. I hope there will be justice for him before long.

I don't believe the vehicle has been found. It is shame he lost his life, we hear this now and again, people think it is cool to go to a rough area. I don't think it was just while he was leaving a bar. But it does show that alcohol impairs judgment and allows unwise decisions. I really feel for his daughter and family.

Whoever committed the murder must still have the car or has dumped it somewhere. When it is found I hope there are finger prints in it.

Found a Deon Rice arrested in 2016 for a murder, if the same man he would have been 16 at the time of the Andrew Bethman murder.

Man killed in St. Louis shooting was part of plot to scare enemies with gunshots, police say

White, Rice and Anderson contacted the people in the apartment, threatening them and saying they were coming over. The three waited in a vehicle in an alley behind the apartment complex for the residents to come out. When they did, people in a second car sped through the alley, firing shots. But one of the shots struck White in the back, according to court records.
Not the sharpest tools in the shed...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back