CA CA - James Arthur, 67, Fresno/Star Lakes, 28 July 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=8784090&nav=menu612_2_1

4 August 08

67-year-old James Arthur was last seen last Monday when he left his Fresno home and headed to Star Lakes for a fishing expedition. When he failed to return home that night, his family became worried and called 911.

and

On Tuesday, Arthur's vehicle was discovered near the entrance of Iron Lakes, southeast of Star Lakes. A spokesman for the Madera County Sheriff's Office says there are no signs of foul play at the truck.

Arthur is described as having been last seen wearing an orange T-shirt, jeans, a tan straw hat and to be carrying a cane.

pic
8784090_BG2.jpg

I hope that LE is still looking for this man. Did he have a boat or was he fishing off the shore? I wonder what could have happened to him? Odd that his truck was there but he was no where to be found. There aren't always signs of foul play. I hope LE doesn't say that he just ran away from home!!!

James J. Arthur
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/arthur_james.html
Missing since July 28, 2008 from Madera country, CA.
Classification: Lost/Injured Missing
Height and Weight: 6'0, 189 pounds
Caucasiian male, Gray hair, brown eyes
Investigating Agency
Madera County Sheriff's Dept.
559-675-7770

This is the latest article I could find, I'm concerned that none of his belongings were found during the searches:

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?s=8917532

"Lt. Col. James Arthur of Fresno disappeared back on July 29th. 67-year-old Arthur had told his family he was headed towards Star Lake and that he would be home before dark, but never returned. He was last seen hiking in the foothills of eastern Madera County."

"Madera County Sheriff's Deputies are now revealing two distinct pieces of property Arthur was traveling with in hopes of moving the investigation forward. Deputies say Arthur was traveling with a walking cane and an Olympus Camera. (See photos on left-hand side of page)"

photos are at the above link.

Namus-https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29157/0/

Case Information
Status Missing
First name James
Middle name J
Last name Arthur
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen July 28, 2008 00:00
Date entered 06/17/2015
Age last seen 67 to 67 years old
Age now 74 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 72.0
Weight (pounds) 189.0
Circumstances
City Iron Lakes, High Sierra Region
State California
Zip code
County Madera
Circumstances
James J Arthur is a U.S. Military Veteran who went missing on July 28, 2008 after leaving his home to go on a hiking or fishing expedition at Star Lakes in Madera County, California. James J Arthur told his family that he planned to go fishing at Star Lakes in the Sierra National Forest, would stop in Big Sandy for lunch and then return home. James J

Arthur left in his dark blue in color Dodge Ram pickup truck which was later found by search and rescue personnel near the entrance to Iron Lakes. Iron lakes is located southeast of Star Lakes and is a 14.4 mile drive. Two people had reported seeing James J Arthur on a steep trail to Iron Lakes and said they stopped and spoke with him a little. They said that he was hiking towards Iron Lakes and had stopped to take a rest.

James J Arthur is a graduate of Fresno State, a decorated Veteran and also a retired Air National Guard Lieutenant who had previously been the spokesman for the 144th Fighter Wing. At the time James J Arthur went missing, he was 67 years old. James J Arthur is 6 feet tall and weighed approximately 189 pounds. James has gray hair and brown eyes. When James J Arthur was last seen, he was wearing a light jacket, orange t-shirt and blue jeans with a straw hat. James J Arthur was also carrying a cane and a camera. It is reported that he may have also been carrying a pistol with snake shot loaded to fend off rattlesnakes. James J Arthur’s camera is an Olympus model SP-55OUZ with 7.1 MP and 18X Optical.

Physical
Hair color Gray or Partially Gray
Head hair
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
Eye description
James Arthur has brown eyes.
No known distinctive body features
Distinctive features as described below
Amputations
Deformities
Scars and marks
Tattoos
Piercings
Artificial body parts
and aids
Finger and toe nails
Other distinctive
physical characteristics
Medical
Foreign objects
Skeletal information
Clothing and Accessories
Clothing and accessories are unknown
Clothing and accessories are described below
Clothing
James Arthur was last seen wearing

A tan jacket
An orange shirt
Jeans
A tan straw hat
red backpack
Footwear
Jewelry
Eyewear
Accessories
James was wearing a tan straw hat and may have been carrying a cane.
He also may have been carrying his camera too, which is Olympus model SP-55OUZ with 7.1 MP and 18X Optical.

He also may have brought a pistol with "snake shot," a spray of pellets to fend off rattlesnakes.
Transportation Methods
Vehicle make Dodge
Vehicle model Unknown
Year
Style
Vehicle color Blue
Tag type
Tag number
Tag state
Expiration year
Vehicle comments
Arthur was driving a dark blue four-door Dodge Ram pickup, which was found parked near the entrance to Iron Lake, southeast of Star Lakes.
Airline
Bus
Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA
Fingerprint Information

Investigating Agency
Title Detective
First name Toinie "TJ"
Last name Jackson
Phone 559-675-7770
Website http://www.madera-county.com/sheriff/
Case number 83613
Date reported
Jurisdiction County
Agency Madera County Sheriff
Address 1 14143 Rd 28
Address 2
City Madera
State California
Zip code CA 93638

This is the latest article I could find, I'm concerned that none of his belongings were found during the searches:

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?s=8917532

"Lt. Col. James Arthur of Fresno disappeared back on July 29th. 67-year-old Arthur had told his family he was headed towards Star Lake and that he would be home before dark, but never returned. He was last seen hiking in the foothills of eastern Madera County."

"Madera County Sheriff's Deputies are now revealing two distinct pieces of property Arthur was traveling with in hopes of moving the investigation forward. Deputies say Arthur was traveling with a walking cane and an Olympus Camera. (See photos on left-hand side of page)"

photos are at the above link.
I think this case is very odd. I actually married into this family in September 2008 (since divorced) and my dad was friends with James in high school.I never met him. His family repeatedly said that he used to say “one day I’m just going to up and disappear and no one will ever hear from me again.” Odd considering that’s exactly what happened. He absolutely wasn’t lost. He know the area very well and had no memory issues. But what I found interesting on www.strangeoutdoors.com in the comments about this disappearance was this:
User: One of James Arthur's victims11 months ago · “It seems that him and his family got what they did to others. James Arthur was not a good man and the universe took him and gave the ones he hurt closure and left his family with none. Talk about reaping what they all sowed.” The family didn’t paint him as some nice man either but this comment adds more to story… would really like to see this case solved. I believe he was also involved with valley childrens Hospital and came up with the giraffe mascot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back