Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 383

Thread: Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #76

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,395

    Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #76

    Continue here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a star in the sky
    Posts
    7,282
    Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.
    Raine

    JMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by raine1212 View Post
    Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.
    If is a big question. Further, the dad's name is not on the birth certificate, which may make a difference to the State if she were applying for such assistance under the "father's dead" reasoning.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by raine1212 View Post
    Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.
    She never listed him on the birth cartificate. So no benefits. As for welfare-how was she gonna explain THAT to her parents after lying about having a job? She lived with them so they would see mail addressed to her.
    Last edited by gigi2009; 08-10-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: "She" instead of "he" more coffee please!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi2009 View Post
    She never listed him on the birth cartificate. So no benefits. As for welfare-how was she gonna explain THAT to her parents after lying about having a job? She lived with them so they would see mail addressed to her.
    I didn't mean to imply that Casey's parents didn't know about any aid she received.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    837
    She could have a PO box that no one knows about.

  8. #8
    I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    436
    Bringing from previous thread:

    reply to Gigi:
    I am not saying they should not try other tactics with Cayse. First of all they have to try all tactics with her, they just have to. Just that I don't think it matters what they try with her, I personally believe she is not going to tell them the truth.

    Before that 911 calls, Cindi had her in her car driving around and calling 911 and Cayse was sitting right there telling her ''go ahead''. Cindi must have pleaded with her that night, must have begged her, must have threaten her, must have argued with her, must have cried in front of her. It did not work. It took 2 CALLS TO 911 for Cayse to tell Lee that something happened. We know Lee managed to get the ''nanny'' story from her, what he told Cayse to make her tell him that we don't know. But we do know the nanny story was bogus.

    Then the police came, the FBI came, the news crews came, the search warrant came, she is sitting in jail, and she is still not breaking. That is as much pressure as can be for a normal person.

    reply to McSev
    Yes you are right about how Cindy looses her calm and allows Caylee to suck her in pointless confrontation. But Lee did what exactly you suggest I believe. Still didn't work. Lee did tried several approaches with her. The ''you can tell us what happen we will help you'', ''the truth is going to come out anyway so better safe yourself and tell police now what happened'', ''the family support you'', ''you can speak to Christina if you want to speak to someone else'', ''give me the numbers you have for the nanny-I believe your scenario and I will help you solve the case since the police does not believe you'', ''you have said so many lies to mom and police''. Lee tried all combos.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyglass View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that Casey's parents didn't know about any aid she received.
    I didn't take it that way. I was being sarcastic from Casey's end--LOL considering how manipulative she is I wonder how she'd explain THAT to her parents.

  11. #11
    I get what you're saying Gametheory-Totally. But at this point what've they got to lose? But insofar, she's hasn't gotten much pressure from her own family.
    Last edited by gigi2009; 08-10-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: hit the button before I finished.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a star in the sky
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenlyobsessed View Post
    I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.

    Not sure about florida, but in Ga. My daughter received medicaid for her son and food stamps. No welfare though, she did not name a dad on the BC, because she does not know. But the reason for no welfare was she had to name a dad, prove paternity and they would go after him for child support.
    Last edited by raine1212; 08-10-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: to add she lived with me and they do not count my income for her, here it is called work first program
    Raine

    JMO

  13. #13
    Just my opinion, probably colored by being a lawyer, but I imagine Baez stepped in after those first publicized visits from the parents, which were devastating to public perception of his client, and set some ground rules. The initial reactions of the family seemed genuine: shock, fear, skepticism, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to get more in line with the role of supportive parents if they wanted to keep visiting. He also probably has to grapple for control with Casey, and her desire (which he may share to a limited degree) to "exploit" her parents as conduits to get out what she wants people to hear about her, or defend her when she thinks it necessary. This seems to be a role she is familiar with: handling and controlling her parents. The parents are also whipsawed by LE, who probably want them to be nice enough to keep open the possibility that Casey might tell them something meaningful. I don't envy their position. If Baez thought they were merely helping to incriminate Casey, the talking would stop, and may -- who knows. The whole "denying " of visits is a way for Casey to create drama, and she must be sort of drama deprived there in jail. Her kind of drama. If this goes on much longer, can we be far from interviews with the media? Who's more assertive, Casey or Baez?

  14. #14
    Any bets on whether she sees her parents tonight?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    Bringing from previous thread:

    reply to Gigi:
    I am not saying they should not try other tactics with Cayse. First of all they have to try all tactics with her, they just have to. Just that I don't think it matters what they try with her, I personally believe she is not going to tell them the truth.

    Before that 911 calls, Cindi had her in her car driving around and calling 911 and Cayse was sitting right there telling her ''go ahead''. Cindi must have pleaded with her that night, must have begged her, must have threaten her, must have argued with her, must have cried in front of her. It did not work. It took 2 CALLS TO 911 for Cayse to tell Lee that something happened. We know Lee managed to get the ''nanny'' story from her, what he told Cayse to make her tell him that we don't know. But we do know the nanny story was bogus.

    Then the police came, the FBI came, the news crews came, the search warrant came, she is sitting in jail, and she is still not breaking. That is as much pressure as can be for a normal person.

    reply to McSev
    Yes you are right about how Cindy looses her calm and allows Caylee to suck her in pointless confrontation. But Lee did what exactly you suggest I believe. Still didn't work. Lee did tried several approaches with her. The ''you can tell us what happen we will help you'', ''the truth is going to come out anyway so better safe yourself and tell police now what happened'', ''the family support you'', ''you can speak to Christina if you want to speak to someone else'', ''give me the numbers you have for the nanny-I believe your scenario and I will help you solve the case since the police does not believe you'', ''you have said so many lies to mom and police''. Lee tried all combos.
    As much as I would have liked for the family to get the truth out of her, that time has passed. She doesn't trust anyone from her family -- THEY are the reason she's in jail, not that she's lied, and definitely not that Caylee is missing. I recall that I heard Friday that Jose was in the jail with Casey Thursday after the search warrant was released to the public until 11:30pm. At this point, she won't even trust Lee because that document shows he's communicating with the very people (LE) that she doesn't want to have information. Jose would have told her that, and would tell her that she should limit her conversations with the family for her own protection. It remains to be seen if she actually will see her parents for tonight's visit -- they have already started to get the word out that their visi9t will be to see how SHE is, to pre-empt any concern Casey and Jose has about them asking her questions she doesn't want to answer or have asked on tape.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst221 View Post
    Just my opinion, probably colored by being a lawyer, but I imagine Baez stepped in after those first publicized visits from the parents, which were devastating to public perception of his client, and set some ground rules. The initial reactions of the family seemed genuine: shock, fear, skepticism, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to get more in line with the role of supportive parents if they wanted to keep visiting. He also probably has to grapple for control with Casey, and her desire (which he may share to a limited degree) to "exploit" her parents as conduits to get out what she wants people to hear about her, or defend her when she thinks it necessary. This seems to be a role she is familiar with: handling and controlling her parents. The parents are also whipsawed by LE, who probably want them to be nice enough to keep open the possibility that Casey might tell them something meaningful. I don't envy their position. If Baez thought they were merely helping to incriminate Casey, the talking would stop, and may -- who knows. The whole "denying " of visits is a way for Casey to create drama, and she must be sort of drama deprived there in jail. Her kind of drama. If this goes on much longer, can we be far from interviews with the media? Who's more assertive, Casey or Baez?
    Can he ban visits without Casey's approval?

  17. #17
    I think she'd have to agree to it, to stop talking to them. But a lawyer won't stay with a client who never follows his advice.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    87
    GAMETHEORY:

    Oh, I hope you are wrong ... I can't bear it if Casey never speaks and Caylee is never found.

    I think all of us involved in this forum can agree that Casey is not very bright. There... I said it. Come on people, anyone that has seen CSI or any crime movie/tv show knows that LE will check out anything you tell them. Did Casey honestly think when she said that she called her nanny in the past on her cell phone that her phone records could not be traced and verified? Did she honestly not know that was possible? She had to know she would be caught in that lie. Was she so cocky that she thought they would just believe whatever she said because she was so darn pretty?? I mean come ON, even little kids know basic crime investigating 101.

    Casey also gave alibis/references of people who knew ZG.. only these albi/references were people WHO DID NOT EXIST, and Casey was also dumb enough to tell LE the places these alibi's worked. Did she not realize that LE could actually PHONE these places and ask their employers if this was true??? I mean, please. What is the deal with that? Has she never watched a tv show in her life? or the Bourne Identity? Or Charlies Angels? Or NYPD Blue???

    I for one, believe she threw the name Juliette Lewis out there in a panic. I am surprised she didn't say Jessica Alba or George Glass (Like Jan did on Brady Bunch.. ok.. Yea, I am old).

    She is obviously very... gosh everyone what is the word? I don't know the word to describe it. Please help everyone.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,295
    I think that it would be in Baez's best interests to quit his client before she makes a fool out of him. His name is known now, he has had 15 minutes or more of fame, he should run with that, far far away from Casey Anthony.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    436
    A bit OT:

    This excellent map was done by ShinaLite in the map thread with all the locations of this case in one map. Since many times people wonder where exactly some of the locations are, how far this place is from that place, etc.:

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...mid=1216856908

    One thing that immediately jumped out of that map for me:

    How every major locations in this case that Caysee had some relation to are in a very tight circle. Somewhere in that circle or close to the circle must be where she left Caylee.

    Another thing: Cayse is the type that takes care of her appearance a lot. Do we know if she liked going jogging in some specific park, woody area?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,306
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenlyobsessed View Post
    I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.
    Yes, it's the same in FL, but she would not need a rental agreement (I didn't when I applied). She could have given another address... But cash assistance would be very little, prob. a few hundred a month, plus food stamps.

    But, Caylee could have been getting survivor benefits from Social Security...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    I think that it would be in Baez's best interests to quit his client before she makes a fool out of him. His name is known now, he has had 15 minutes or more of fame, he should run with that, far far away from Casey Anthony.
    I fully expect that to happen, not because he chooses to do it for that reason, but because the case is so high profile and he'll never re-coup the money and time. He's not Mark Geragos or Gloria Allred - a guy's gotta eat.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    722
    I just watched the bond reduction hearing video again.

    I love how Casey plays "Sweet little 8 year old" Casey -- Waving at her mom and dad -- smiling. Basically looking for any signs from her mom and dad that they aren't mad at her.

    The real Casey is that call from the jail where the first things out of her mouth are, "Nice Cameo Mom" -- not -- "Have you found Caylee?"

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    Yes, it's the same in FL, but she would not need a rental agreement (I didn't when I applied). She could have given another address... But cash assistance would be very little, prob. a few hundred a month, plus food stamps.

    But, Caylee could have been getting survivor benefits from Social Security...
    Not if her dad's name isn't on the birth certificate. It's one of the SSA requirements: birth certificate or if it's a spouse, marriage license.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,873
    IMO, the only obstacle standing in the way of LE is Casey who would have us all believe she can't provide investigators with any viable, credible information to aid in finding Caylee for fear that in doing so, she would be putting Caylee "in danger".

    While it may be the parents have simply been playing along with this charade in the hope of disarming any resentment Casey may feel toward them (all "they" care about is Caylee ...) they have to realize they are no closer to finding Caylee than the day they first learned she was missing and their daughter didn't tell them or LE because she was trying to find Caylee "on her own".

    Bottom line - Caylee's birthday has come and gone along with the false hope she would be returned to celebrate this happy occasion. We are now looking for a 3 year old missing child.

    The clock is running out. LE needs FACTS - not bold-faced lies, half truths, innuendos and cryptic messages captured on jail audio tapes to move the investigation in the right direction instead of circles.

    The parents need to decide what's more important - finding Caylee or protecting Casey. I don't think there is any middle ground.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #75
    By chicoliving in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 394
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
  2. Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #74
    By chicoliving in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 553
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:31 AM
  3. Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #73
    By gigi2009 in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 561
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. Caylee Anthony 2 yr old #30 general discussion
    By CW in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 512
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
  5. Caylee Anthony 2 yr old #29 general discussion
    By Hailiejade77 in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 534
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •