Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 383
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,214

    Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #76

    Continue here.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    Thanks!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a star in the sky
    Posts
    7,282
    Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by raine1212 View Post
    Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.
    If is a big question. Further, the dad's name is not on the birth certificate, which may make a difference to the State if she were applying for such assistance under the "father's dead" reasoning.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by raine1212 View Post
    Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.
    She never listed him on the birth cartificate. So no benefits. As for welfare-how was she gonna explain THAT to her parents after lying about having a job? She lived with them so they would see mail addressed to her.
    Last edited by gigi2009; 08-10-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: "She" instead of "he" more coffee please!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi2009 View Post
    She never listed him on the birth cartificate. So no benefits. As for welfare-how was she gonna explain THAT to her parents after lying about having a job? She lived with them so they would see mail addressed to her.
    I didn't mean to imply that Casey's parents didn't know about any aid she received.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    834
    She could have a PO box that no one knows about.


  8. #8
    I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    426
    Bringing from previous thread:

    reply to Gigi:
    I am not saying they should not try other tactics with Cayse. First of all they have to try all tactics with her, they just have to. Just that I don't think it matters what they try with her, I personally believe she is not going to tell them the truth.

    Before that 911 calls, Cindi had her in her car driving around and calling 911 and Cayse was sitting right there telling her ''go ahead''. Cindi must have pleaded with her that night, must have begged her, must have threaten her, must have argued with her, must have cried in front of her. It did not work. It took 2 CALLS TO 911 for Cayse to tell Lee that something happened. We know Lee managed to get the ''nanny'' story from her, what he told Cayse to make her tell him that we don't know. But we do know the nanny story was bogus.

    Then the police came, the FBI came, the news crews came, the search warrant came, she is sitting in jail, and she is still not breaking. That is as much pressure as can be for a normal person.

    reply to McSev
    Yes you are right about how Cindy looses her calm and allows Caylee to suck her in pointless confrontation. But Lee did what exactly you suggest I believe. Still didn't work. Lee did tried several approaches with her. The ''you can tell us what happen we will help you'', ''the truth is going to come out anyway so better safe yourself and tell police now what happened'', ''the family support you'', ''you can speak to Christina if you want to speak to someone else'', ''give me the numbers you have for the nanny-I believe your scenario and I will help you solve the case since the police does not believe you'', ''you have said so many lies to mom and police''. Lee tried all combos.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyglass View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that Casey's parents didn't know about any aid she received.
    I didn't take it that way. I was being sarcastic from Casey's end--LOL considering how manipulative she is I wonder how she'd explain THAT to her parents.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    I get what you're saying Gametheory-Totally. But at this point what've they got to lose? But insofar, she's hasn't gotten much pressure from her own family.
    Last edited by gigi2009; 08-10-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: hit the button before I finished.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a star in the sky
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenlyobsessed View Post
    I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.

    Not sure about florida, but in Ga. My daughter received medicaid for her son and food stamps. No welfare though, she did not name a dad on the BC, because she does not know. But the reason for no welfare was she had to name a dad, prove paternity and they would go after him for child support.
    Last edited by raine1212; 08-10-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: to add she lived with me and they do not count my income for her, here it is called work first program


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,158
    Just my opinion, probably colored by being a lawyer, but I imagine Baez stepped in after those first publicized visits from the parents, which were devastating to public perception of his client, and set some ground rules. The initial reactions of the family seemed genuine: shock, fear, skepticism, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to get more in line with the role of supportive parents if they wanted to keep visiting. He also probably has to grapple for control with Casey, and her desire (which he may share to a limited degree) to "exploit" her parents as conduits to get out what she wants people to hear about her, or defend her when she thinks it necessary. This seems to be a role she is familiar with: handling and controlling her parents. The parents are also whipsawed by LE, who probably want them to be nice enough to keep open the possibility that Casey might tell them something meaningful. I don't envy their position. If Baez thought they were merely helping to incriminate Casey, the talking would stop, and may -- who knows. The whole "denying " of visits is a way for Casey to create drama, and she must be sort of drama deprived there in jail. Her kind of drama. If this goes on much longer, can we be far from interviews with the media? Who's more assertive, Casey or Baez?


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Any bets on whether she sees her parents tonight?


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    Bringing from previous thread:

    reply to Gigi:
    I am not saying they should not try other tactics with Cayse. First of all they have to try all tactics with her, they just have to. Just that I don't think it matters what they try with her, I personally believe she is not going to tell them the truth.

    Before that 911 calls, Cindi had her in her car driving around and calling 911 and Cayse was sitting right there telling her ''go ahead''. Cindi must have pleaded with her that night, must have begged her, must have threaten her, must have argued with her, must have cried in front of her. It did not work. It took 2 CALLS TO 911 for Cayse to tell Lee that something happened. We know Lee managed to get the ''nanny'' story from her, what he told Cayse to make her tell him that we don't know. But we do know the nanny story was bogus.

    Then the police came, the FBI came, the news crews came, the search warrant came, she is sitting in jail, and she is still not breaking. That is as much pressure as can be for a normal person.

    reply to McSev
    Yes you are right about how Cindy looses her calm and allows Caylee to suck her in pointless confrontation. But Lee did what exactly you suggest I believe. Still didn't work. Lee did tried several approaches with her. The ''you can tell us what happen we will help you'', ''the truth is going to come out anyway so better safe yourself and tell police now what happened'', ''the family support you'', ''you can speak to Christina if you want to speak to someone else'', ''give me the numbers you have for the nanny-I believe your scenario and I will help you solve the case since the police does not believe you'', ''you have said so many lies to mom and police''. Lee tried all combos.
    As much as I would have liked for the family to get the truth out of her, that time has passed. She doesn't trust anyone from her family -- THEY are the reason she's in jail, not that she's lied, and definitely not that Caylee is missing. I recall that I heard Friday that Jose was in the jail with Casey Thursday after the search warrant was released to the public until 11:30pm. At this point, she won't even trust Lee because that document shows he's communicating with the very people (LE) that she doesn't want to have information. Jose would have told her that, and would tell her that she should limit her conversations with the family for her own protection. It remains to be seen if she actually will see her parents for tonight's visit -- they have already started to get the word out that their visi9t will be to see how SHE is, to pre-empt any concern Casey and Jose has about them asking her questions she doesn't want to answer or have asked on tape.


Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #75
    By chicoliving in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 394
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
  2. Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #74
    By chicoliving in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 553
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:31 AM
  3. Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #73
    By gigi2009 in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 561
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. Caylee Anthony 2 yr old #30 general discussion
    By CW in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 512
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
  5. Caylee Anthony 2 yr old #29 general discussion
    By Hailiejade77 in forum Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies
    Replies: 534
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •