Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.

Spyglass, I believe she was receiving state assist. That probably includes, medical, food stamps and welfare. Caylee should have been eligble because of the deceased dad, if that is the true story here. That would explain Casey with some money available to her.

If is a big question. Further, the dad's name is not on the birth certificate, which may make a difference to the State if she were applying for such assistance under the "father's dead" reasoning.

She never listed him on the birth cartificate. So no benefits. As for welfare-how was she gonna explain THAT to her parents after lying about having a job? She lived with them so they would see mail addressed to her.

She never listed him on the birth cartificate. So no benefits. As for welfare-how was she gonna explain THAT to her parents after lying about having a job? She lived with them so they would see mail addressed to her.
I didn't mean to imply that Casey's parents didn't know about any aid she received.

I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.

Bringing from previous thread:

reply to Gigi:
I am not saying they should not try other tactics with Cayse. First of all they have to try all tactics with her, they just have to. Just that I don't think it matters what they try with her, I personally believe she is not going to tell them the truth.

Before that 911 calls, Cindi had her in her car driving around and calling 911 and Cayse was sitting right there telling her ''go ahead''. Cindi must have pleaded with her that night, must have begged her, must have threaten her, must have argued with her, must have cried in front of her. It did not work. It took 2 CALLS TO 911 for Cayse to tell Lee that something happened. We know Lee managed to get the ''nanny'' story from her, what he told Cayse to make her tell him that we don't know. But we do know the nanny story was bogus.

Then the police came, the FBI came, the news crews came, the search warrant came, she is sitting in jail, and she is still not breaking. That is as much pressure as can be for a normal person.

reply to McSev
Yes you are right about how Cindy looses her calm and allows Caylee to suck her in pointless confrontation. But Lee did what exactly you suggest I believe. Still didn't work. Lee did tried several approaches with her. The ''you can tell us what happen we will help you'', ''the truth is going to come out anyway so better safe yourself and tell police now what happened'', ''the family support you'', ''you can speak to Christina if you want to speak to someone else'', ''give me the numbers you have for the nanny-I believe your scenario and I will help you solve the case since the police does not believe you'', ''you have said so many lies to mom and police''. Lee tried all combos.

I didn't mean to imply that Casey's parents didn't know about any aid she received.

I didn't take it that way.:) I was being sarcastic from Casey's end--LOL considering how manipulative she is I wonder how she'd explain THAT to her parents. :biggrin:

I get what you're saying Gametheory-Totally. But at this point what've they got to lose? But insofar, she's hasn't gotten much pressure from her own family.

I doubt she would qualify for state assistance living at home, the income of her parents would be included as her income because it's based off of a household income. She would also need to provide proof of a rental agreement or utilities in her name to establish residency, well at least I know this is how it works in CA and I'm pretty sure it's gotta be similar since welfare is a federal program.

Not sure about florida, but in Ga. My daughter received medicaid for her son and food stamps. No welfare though, she did not name a dad on the BC, because she does not know. But the reason for no welfare was she had to name a dad, prove paternity and they would go after him for child support.

Just my opinion, probably colored by being a lawyer, but I imagine Baez stepped in after those first publicized visits from the parents, which were devastating to public perception of his client, and set some ground rules. The initial reactions of the family seemed genuine: shock, fear, skepticism, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to get more in line with the role of supportive parents if they wanted to keep visiting. He also probably has to grapple for control with Casey, and her desire (which he may share to a limited degree) to "exploit" her parents as conduits to get out what she wants people to hear about her, or defend her when she thinks it necessary. This seems to be a role she is familiar with: handling and controlling her parents. The parents are also whipsawed by LE, who probably want them to be nice enough to keep open the possibility that Casey might tell them something meaningful. I don't envy their position. If Baez thought they were merely helping to incriminate Casey, the talking would stop, and may -- who knows. The whole "denying " of visits is a way for Casey to create drama, and she must be sort of drama deprived there in jail. Her kind of drama. If this goes on much longer, can we be far from interviews with the media? Who's more assertive, Casey or Baez?

Any bets on whether she sees her parents tonight?

Bringing from previous thread:

reply to Gigi:
I am not saying they should not try other tactics with Cayse. First of all they have to try all tactics with her, they just have to. Just that I don't think it matters what they try with her, I personally believe she is not going to tell them the truth.

Before that 911 calls, Cindi had her in her car driving around and calling 911 and Cayse was sitting right there telling her ''go ahead''. Cindi must have pleaded with her that night, must have begged her, must have threaten her, must have argued with her, must have cried in front of her. It did not work. It took 2 CALLS TO 911 for Cayse to tell Lee that something happened. We know Lee managed to get the ''nanny'' story from her, what he told Cayse to make her tell him that we don't know. But we do know the nanny story was bogus.

Then the police came, the FBI came, the news crews came, the search warrant came, she is sitting in jail, and she is still not breaking. That is as much pressure as can be for a normal person.

reply to McSev
Yes you are right about how Cindy looses her calm and allows Caylee to suck her in pointless confrontation. But Lee did what exactly you suggest I believe. Still didn't work. Lee did tried several approaches with her. The ''you can tell us what happen we will help you'', ''the truth is going to come out anyway so better safe yourself and tell police now what happened'', ''the family support you'', ''you can speak to Christina if you want to speak to someone else'', ''give me the numbers you have for the nanny-I believe your scenario and I will help you solve the case since the police does not believe you'', ''you have said so many lies to mom and police''. Lee tried all combos.

As much as I would have liked for the family to get the truth out of her, that time has passed. She doesn't trust anyone from her family -- THEY are the reason she's in jail, not that she's lied, and definitely not that Caylee is missing. I recall that I heard Friday that Jose was in the jail with Casey Thursday after the search warrant was released to the public until 11:30pm. At this point, she won't even trust Lee because that document shows he's communicating with the very people (LE) that she doesn't want to have information. Jose would have told her that, and would tell her that she should limit her conversations with the family for her own protection. It remains to be seen if she actually will see her parents for tonight's visit -- they have already started to get the word out that their visi9t will be to see how SHE is, to pre-empt any concern Casey and Jose has about them asking her questions she doesn't want to answer or have asked on tape.

Just my opinion, probably colored by being a lawyer, but I imagine Baez stepped in after those first publicized visits from the parents, which were devastating to public perception of his client, and set some ground rules. The initial reactions of the family seemed genuine: shock, fear, skepticism, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to get more in line with the role of supportive parents if they wanted to keep visiting. He also probably has to grapple for control with Casey, and her desire (which he may share to a limited degree) to "exploit" her parents as conduits to get out what she wants people to hear about her, or defend her when she thinks it necessary. This seems to be a role she is familiar with: handling and controlling her parents. The parents are also whipsawed by LE, who probably want them to be nice enough to keep open the possibility that Casey might tell them something meaningful. I don't envy their position. If Baez thought they were merely helping to incriminate Casey, the talking would stop, and may -- who knows. The whole "denying " of visits is a way for Casey to create drama, and she must be sort of drama deprived there in jail. Her kind of drama. If this goes on much longer, can we be far from interviews with the media? Who's more assertive, Casey or Baez?

Can he ban visits without Casey's approval?

I think she'd have to agree to it, to stop talking to them. But a lawyer won't stay with a client who never follows his advice.

GAMETHEORY:

Oh, I hope you are wrong ... I can't bear it if Casey never speaks and Caylee is never found.

I think all of us involved in this forum can agree that Casey is not very bright. There... I said it. Come on people, anyone that has seen CSI or any crime movie/tv show knows that LE will check out anything you tell them. Did Casey honestly think when she said that she called her nanny in the past on her cell phone that her phone records could not be traced and verified? Did she honestly not know that was possible? She had to know she would be caught in that lie. Was she so cocky that she thought they would just believe whatever she said because she was so darn pretty?? I mean come ON, even little kids know basic crime investigating 101.

Casey also gave alibis/references of people who knew ZG.. only these albi/references were people WHO DID NOT EXIST, and Casey was also dumb enough to tell LE the places these alibi's worked. Did she not realize that LE could actually PHONE these places and ask their employers if this was true??? I mean, please. What is the deal with that? Has she never watched a tv show in her life? or the Bourne Identity? Or Charlies Angels? Or NYPD Blue???

I for one, believe she threw the name Juliette Lewis out there in a panic. I am surprised she didn't say Jessica Alba or George Glass (Like Jan did on Brady Bunch.. ok.. Yea, I am old).

She is obviously very... gosh everyone what is the word? I don't know the word to describe it. Please help everyone.

I think that it would be in Baez's best interests to quit his client before she makes a fool out of him. His name is known now, he has had 15 minutes or more of fame, he should run with that, far far away from Casey Anthony.

A bit OT:

This excellent map was done by ShinaLite in the map thread with all the locations of this case in one map. Since many times people wonder where exactly some of the locations are, how far this place is from that place, etc.:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...mid=1216856908

One thing that immediately jumped out of that map for me:

How every major locations in this case that Caysee had some relation to are in a very tight circle. Somewhere in that circle or close to the circle must be where she left Caylee.

Another thing: Cayse is the type that takes care of her appearance a lot. Do we know if she liked going jogging in some specific park, woody area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee