782 users online (86 members and 696 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Convictions of Murder Without A Body

We have a case in Ohio (30 miles from my house) where there was a conviction without a body, anyone know others would like to hope there is a chance if Caylee isn't found alive that Casey will pay.

Facts

Justice For Vince

Web Sleuth
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

Good thread, I have been thinking about this.

I am just not sure she could be convicted. My fear is that if she should be acquitted and then in the future they find the child, she can't be tried again.

At this point, I find this to be a tough call. But we do not have all the facts either.

I think I heard one lawyer on the news say - there is no doubt that she would be convicted as is...it is the appeal that we have to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    I think I heard one lawyer on the news say - there is no doubt that she would be convicted as is...it is the appeal that we have to worry about...
    do you have a link for this would love to read that article my fear is she will walk at this point with a few years

Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    But convicted of what? If the "sources" are correct, LE is leaning toward accidental death as a possibility. It's possible that Casey wouldn't even do jail time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    But convicted of what? If the "sources" are correct, LE is leaning toward accidental death as a possibility. It's possible that Casey wouldn't even do jail time for that.

I thought someone here said just for the current charges she could be sentenced to 6 years. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ShouldBWorking View Post
    do you have a link for this would love to read that article my fear is she will walk at this point with a few years
    HMMM...I saw it on Fox, so I will look for a link for a transcript...may take awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by ShouldBWorking View Post
    I thought someone here said just for the current charges she could be sentenced to 6 years. Am I wrong?
    Could is the key word - we'd have to know what the minimum sentence is, and then there's also the possibility of a plea to a lesser charge that might simply result in probation.

ETA: Often the sentences for various charges run concurrently too, for instance if she got 3 years for charge A and three years for charge B, she would still only serve 3 years, or less with good behavior.

google murder convictions without body and there are many examples of cases being sought

Florida case with another child

Richard Grissom is now serving his time in a Kansas Prison for the murders of three women (their bodies have never been found). Paul Morrison was the prosecutor.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/ja..._killers_make/

Arrow

Hans Reiser was just convicted of murder of his wife Nina, without the body, then he gave it up upon sentencing!

In Hans's case there was blood on the banister, also he cut the seat out of his car, they found books on murder in his car, and his son witnessed him carrying out a big, heavy bag.
    Last edited by LinasK; 08-11-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: add info
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Didn't she say "They've already said they're going to pin this on me if they dont find Caylee" ???

IMO, if Caylee was safe somewhere, she would give it up, otherwise she knows she's facing a murder trial. Since she hasn't said where Caylee is...well, that only leaves us to assume the latter.

deejaye is offline No dinner is complete without a little dog hair...
    Helle Crafts, the woodchipper murder comes to mind. Although I guess technically they found (forgive the crassness) a few bits of her.

There's another one that I think was convicted after the FBI did research on a blood stain found at the scene. After they couldn't get DNA, they experiemented to see how much blood it would've taken to get that big of a stain and once it was determined that there was more blood comprising that stain than a human could lose and survive, they had their "body", in a manner of speaking.

Through the darkness of the lies, there is a glimmer of truth

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye View Post
    Helle Crafts, the woodchipper murder comes to mind. Although I guess technically they found (forgive the crassness) a few bits of her.

There's another one that I think was convicted after the FBI did research on a blood stain found at the scene. After they couldn't get DNA, they experiemented to see how much blood it would've taken to get that big of a stain and once it was determined that there was more blood comprising that stain than a human could lose and survive, they had their "body", in a manner of speaking.
    I have spent a ton of time trying to find the answer to whether they can determine if the stain came from dead body, it appears that the answer is they can get DNA but they can't say it came from a body. The only cases I could find were three like you mention, they found so much blood the person couldn't be alive. It doesn't sound like this stain is that big.

The other cases I found that didn't have a body had other incriminating evidence, like witnesses etc...

The air test that they were talking about this morning is newer technology and hasn't been used/challenged in court yet. Hopefully the evidence they haven't shared is really good, or my research skills suck and you can determine if a stain came from a body.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast