797 users online (71 members and 726 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Casey Anthony VS Hacking, Peterson and others

Here is a thread to discuss the differences and similarities between Casey, Mark Hacking, Scott Peterson and others like them.

BIggest liars I have ever seen. What makes them tick?

And what made Susan Smith and Mark Hacking crumble?

I've been trying to listen to Casey's every word to see if she has any of that Scott speak where some words are said the wrong way. There's a term for it, but I can't remember but what it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    SuiziQ~
    Me, my daughters and my husband searched for Lori!
    I didn't realize you were local... wait maybe I did...

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    SuiziQ~
    Me, my daughters and my husband searched for Lori!
    I didn't realize you were local... wait maybe I did...
    Yeah we sleuthed together hoping to find that little cutie from South SL. I was so devistated she was found dead.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I've been trying to listen to Casey's every word to see if she has any of that Scott speak where some words are said the wrong way. There's a term for it, but I can't remember but what it's called.
    There is and I read up on it. I can't remember what it's called either. But it has to do with the lack of empathy and emotions. If a kid got hit by a car on his bike, you and I would say "his poor mother!". A sociopath would say "his poor bike!" The disconnect makes them use odd phraises and words when they try to express empathy and emotion, because they don't have any.

ETA: and what's weird is I see more of that in Lee and Cindy than Casey. But we've also heard more from Lee and Cindy and it's probably stress related.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 08-11-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: rephraise and add a thought

Ok, here is one for Casey vs. Mark Hacking.

Casey tells all those lies about working at Universal Studios. Taking the cops there, talking to a security guard as if she worked there. Insisting to the security guard that she worked there. Walking down the hall and finally admits she doesn't work there.

When Mark Hacking was graduating from Medical School at the University of Utah (it may have been pre med). He sent out expensive invitations and announcement to everyone he knew. His parents planned a big party. Then at the last minute he pretended to be sick to get out of it and everthing had to be cancelled. IIRC, his parents were in their car driving to the ceremony.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 08-11-2008 at 02:42 AM. Reason: rephraise

Mark Hacking told the truth when his father and brothers talked to him, because they did not believe his story about Lori jogging in the canyon. They gave him "support" for lying and told him that the best thing for everyone was for him to tell the truth about what he really did to Lori.

Cindy & George are still believing Casey's BS, not giving her support if she decides to fess up.

Quote Originally Posted by bookbakery View Post
    Mark Hacking told the truth when his father and brothers talked to him, because they did not believe his story about Lori jogging in the canyon. They gave him "support" for lying and told him that the best thing for everyone was for him to tell the truth about what he really did to Lori.

Cindy & George are still believing Casey's BS, not giving her support if she decides to fess up.
    ITA, and Susan Smith?

A loving, supportive family is a key.

Quoted....

Cindy & George are still believing Casey's BS, not giving her support if she decides to fess up.[/quote]

They are all cut from the same cloth. They all thought they had performed the PERFECT crime.....told the PERFECT lie. Now a PERFECT crime needed to be substantiated by even more lies which changed reality so much that everything just pointed back at them. Not a reality they were ready to deal with so they just keep the charade up thinking they can still pull the wool over someone. At least Mark Hacking had a supportive family that although he did such a heinous thing they still loved him. I am so angry at Casey's parents for not doing this that if they continue spouting her lies like they have been doing, they will find themselves legally involved as well. It is getting to the point where I feel they are in cahoots and are covering up for their daughter because they know Caylee is already gone. I wish they would take lessons from the Hacking case and hold her accountable.

I am just waiting for Caylee to find her way back to us like Lacy and Connor did and tell her story. I still pray that she is alive but with each day ticking away, my hopes are waining.
    As always, this is my humble opinion.

Conquer the angry man by love.
    Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
    Conquer the miser with generosity.
    Conquer the liar with truth.

The Dhammapada

But didn't Hacking kill when he was going to found out? What would be the reason that Casey killed?

Quote Originally Posted by nnglas View Post
    But didn't Hacking kill when he was going to found out? What would be the reason that Casey killed?
    Good question. And that would be the difference between the two. As far as I can see anyways. Unless Casey had backed herself into some type of corner and getting Caylee out of the picture would help.

Good question. And that would be the difference between the two. As far as I can see anyways. Unless Casey had backed herself into some type of corner and getting Caylee out of the picture would help.
    Unless her parents maybe kicked her out and she then had to take care of Caylee with no job. Where would she live? I know she was gonna move in with Amy and Ricardo, but how long was she going to be able to do that without a real job? She may have thought that her only real shot was Tony, and more than likely he wouldn't want the responsibility of taking care her and a child.

Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by nnglas View Post
    Unless her parents maybe kicked her out and she then had to take care of Caylee with no job. Where would she live? I know she was gonna move in with Amy and Ricardo, but how long was she going to be able to do that without a real job? She may have thought that her only real shot was Tony, and more than likely he wouldn't want the responsibility of taking care her and a child.

Idk.
    That puts her more like Susan Smith.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast