"The whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

hinkymeter

Reaction score
I forget what date this phone call was on but it's the one where she gets into with her mom, then talks to Lee begging for Tony's phone number and then talking to Kristina.

http://www.local6.com/news/16993169/detail.html

"But you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Kristina asked.

"That I have no clue where my daughter is?" Casey Anthony said. "Yes, that is the truth. That is the absolute truth."

The question was "are you telling the truth?" Casey re-states the question "you mean where MY DAUGHTER IS? Yes, THAT is the truth."

She had to narrow down the question because the other obvious choices were:

"Do you know what happened to her? Is she dead? Did you or someone else kill her? Did she die accidentally? Did you sell her?", etc. etc.

I believe she doesn't know where her daughter is right now. That doesn't mean I don't believe she doesn't know what HAPPENED to her daughter. But, I think she answered that one question honestly, for once. She can then go back and say "well you never asked me if I knew what HAPPENED to her. I said I didn't know where she WAS. And I didn't."

Maybe someone else disposed of her body after "an accident"?

Also, who is Mike?

"Yes, he does," Casey Anthony said. "He has Tony's number in his phone. He needs to stop (expletive) lying. He just told me a second ago that he'd give me the number."

"So, if I go and get you Tony's number, are you going to finish talking to me?" Kristina said.

"I will call you tomorrow," Casey Anthony said. "I want to talk to him really quick. I wanted to actually try and call Mike. I haven't slept in four days. I have not slept in four days.

"Listen, if you are going to talk to anybody, you can talk to me," Kristina said."

She wants Tony's number but she wanted to actually try and call Mike? Mike who?

Also, if anyone can date this transcript, I'd appreciate it!

Good post, hinkymeter!

BTW, :Welcome-12-june: to websleuths! :)

The transcript, I believe, is *Casey's first call home from jail*, which I suppose would be the night she was *arrested*, July 16th. It has been speculated in the numbered threads (sorry, I have no idea which number), that she was hoping to speak with Mike Walker, (who was referred to by her mysterious jailhouse video visitor, Patrick).

It could also have been Mike Walsh, who recently stepped in for a cameo as Casey's co-council. JJ Sanchez, organizer of the FireballRun, and formerly of Catalyst Studios and Studio Companies, Inc., has a pal named Mike Walsh, aka 'Movie Mike', who owns Premier Studio Rentals.

I haven't researched either the Lawyer Mike or the Movie Mike. I don't know who is for real in this draamma.

I love your posts, hink.

One of our sleuthers did a better transcript and after listening to the call Casey is saying "I just want to try and call it a night". I'll see if I can find that thread, BRB.

ETA:Of course I can't find it now. I'm going cross eyed at this point.

Thanks Liz and Truly :)

I was trying to get the exact date on that phone call because, if it really is July 16, why hasn't she slept for "4 days, 4 days"? Nothing was happening, other than guilt, from July 12th on, right? And she talked to Caylee, allegedly, on July 15th and the type of person she seems to be, it would have SEEMED that, even if she were "missing", the July 15th call would have put her at ease. Granted, a normal person it wouldn't have put at ease but... we're talking about Casey here.

And Truly, that whole Fireballrun thing... it's going off (the hinky meter, that is) , I don't care what anyone else says.

Thanks Liz and Truly :)

I was trying to get the exact date on that phone call because, if it really is July 16, why hasn't she slept for "4 days, 4 days"? Nothing was happening, other than guilt, from July 12th on, right? And she talked to Caylee, allegedly, on July 15th and the type of person she seems to be, it would have SEEMED that, even if she were "missing", the July 15th call would have put her at ease. Granted, a normal person it wouldn't have put at ease but... we're talking about Casey here.

And Truly, that whole Fireballrun thing... it's going off (the hinky meter, that is) , I don't care what anyone else says.

Good question, but easily explained. There's no time for sleep when you're going to work each day plus searching for your daughter's abductor (or worse) annnnnd partying -- simultaneously. At least it would be exhausting for me. Whew!

I forget what date this phone call was on but it's the one where she gets into with her mom, then talks to Lee begging for Tony's phone number and then talking to Kristina.

"But you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Kristina asked.

"That I have no clue where my daughter is?" Casey Anthony said. "Yes, that is the truth. That is the absolute truth."

The question was "are you telling the truth?" Casey re-states the question "you mean where MY DAUGHTER IS? Yes, THAT is the truth."

She had to narrow down the question because the other obvious choices were:

"Do you know what happened to her? Is she dead? Did you or someone else kill her? Did she die accidentally? Did you sell her?", etc. etc.

I believe she doesn't know where her daughter is right now. That doesn't mean I don't believe she doesn't know what HAPPENED to her daughter. But, I think she answered that one question honestly, for once. She can then go back and say "well you never asked me if I knew what HAPPENED to her. I said I didn't know where she WAS. And I didn't."

Maybe someone else disposed of her body after "an accident"?

Also, who is Mike?

"Yes, he does," Casey Anthony said. "He has Tony's number in his phone. He needs to stop (expletive) lying. He just told me a second ago that he'd give me the number."

"So, if I go and get you Tony's number, are you going to finish talking to me?" Kristina said.

"I will call you tomorrow," Casey Anthony said. "I want to talk to him really quick. I wanted to actually try and call Mike. I haven't slept in four days. I have not slept in four days.

"Listen, if you are going to talk to anybody, you can talk to me," Kristina said."

She wants Tony's number but she wanted to actually try and call Mike? Mike who?

Also, if anyone can date this transcript, I'd appreciate it!

I believe the date is 7/24 or 7/25 pretty sure it is 7/24/08

From the first phone KC call from jail. "Tony has not seen Caylee since the beginning of June," Casey Anthony said. "What's Tony's number again?"

Kristina gives the number again.

I am also curious as to who "Mike" is but I find it interesting that Tony hasn't seen Caylee since the beginning of June. Where was she the first 2 weeks of June? Was she seen by other friends but not Tony?

The question of the last time Tony saw Caylee is bothersome to me. In his police interview he stated that he had not seen Caylee since early June, but his roommates said they saw Caylee on June 13. I would love to ask the roommates exactly where they saw her and if Tony was there or not. I'm not implying any wrongdoing on anyone's part, I just would like this discrepancy cleared up.

The question of the last time Tony saw Caylee is bothersome to me. In his police interview he stated that he had not seen Caylee since early June, but his roommates said they saw Caylee on June 13. I would love to ask the roommates exactly where they saw her and if Tony was there or not. I'm not implying any wrongdoing on anyone's part, I just would like this discrepancy cleared up.

"Early June" is pretty vague. Why isn't June 13th still considered "early" in the month?

I don't find it at all bothersome that someone would say "early June" when trying to give a general idea of when he last saw a child he actually barely knew.

Fact is.... none of Casey's new male friends have any reason to give much thought to when they see Caylee or who might be watching her. IF they even bother to ask Casey about her, it's most likely just a casual question they think to ask & they really don't care one way or the other.

I find it interesting that both KC and Tony say "early June." And the room mates say June 13th.

"Early June" is pretty vague. Why isn't June 13th still considered "early" in the month?

I don't find it at all bothersome that someone would say "early June" when trying to give a general idea of when he last saw a child he actually barely knew.

Fact is.... none of Casey's new male friends have any reason to give much thought to when they see Caylee or who might be watching her. IF they even bother to ask Casey about her, it's most likely just a casual question they think to ask & they really don't care one way or the other.

Actually, they do. The key word here is "friend." Friends know and ask such things. New folks ask such things to get a bead on a person. Who or what they are.

Also, just because they are Male, doesn't mean they don't care about kids or have an opinion about how kids should be raised. Some of t hem might have a kid in such a situation. Watching a single Mother, makes them think about their own, or a friends, or their brothers, etc.

I find it interesting that both KC and Tony say "early June." And the room mates say June 13th.

I thought on June 13, Nate watched Caylee while Casey was in Tony's room with Tony.

Maybe Tony didn't leave his room. Possibly Casey dropped Caylee off at the door with the roommate, had some afternoon delight and then took Caylee home to Cindy while Tony slept.

Maybe Casey didn't require that Tony meet her at the door.

Actually, they do. The key word here is "friend." Friends know and ask such things. New folks ask such things to get a bead on a person. Who or what they are.

Also, just because they are Male, doesn't mean they don't care about kids or have an opinion about how kids should be raised. Some of t hem might have a kid in such a situation. Watching a single Mother, makes them think about their own, or a friends, or their brothers, etc.

I agree with you & I don't mean to sound sexist.

My point is that I believe all these NEW 'friends' she's hanging out with are pretty casual friends and don't think much of Casey to begin with.

One of the guys told police that HE was in charge of watching Caylee while Casey & Tony were busy in the bedroom. I suspect HE might have been the one who provided a specific date since it's likely he thought it was reckless to leave a baby with a virtual stranger while you're in the other room having sex.

I just don't think this was a group of people who were emotionally invested in Casey so I doubt they gave more than a quick passing thought to Caylee.

I agree also could be they themselves were raised in such a situation..

I thought on June 13, Nate watched Caylee while Casey was in Tony's room with Tony.

Maybe Tony didn't leave his room. Possibly Casey dropped Caylee off at the door with the roommate, had some afternoon delight and then took Caylee home to Cindy while Tony slept.

Maybe Casey didn't require that Tony meet her at the door.

Still, the phrase is the same. "Early June"

As for the other, IT's strange that 'after the fact" that it wasn't mentioned to Tony that Caylee was there. Or that he didn't hear Caylee in the other room, etc. Another words, have knowledge that she was in his home, on or about that date.

When Jessie was interviewed and asked that question, while he didn't see Caylee, he reported when he heard her in the background and another time he thought he heard her.

Tony? Just early June. Even tho room mates say she was at the apartment, being babysited by a room mate, while he was doing the wild thing with Mommy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back