6/16/08 temperature graph and temperature's 4 other date's since Caylee went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Orlando weather history for 6/16/08, temperatures were in the 80's from noon to 3:30 pm. This is based on a 24 hour temperature graph at:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=MAP008&month=6&day=16&year=2008

Since a previous posting indicated a history of 72 degrees, overcast and with thunderstorms on 6/16/08, I wanted to be sure we actually knew the hourly temperatures, specifically regarding whether the temperatures were sufficiently hot to cause an accidental overheating death within a closed car.

Thanks for posting this - I tried finding this information but couldn't get it.

I had inadvertantly left a filled trash bag in the trunk of my car for a few days. With the incredible heat, the trash stunk...even after I took it out.

I had inadvertantly left a filled trash bag in the trunk of my car for a few days. With the incredible heat, the trash stunk...even after I took it out.

I live in FL, too It is unreal, the heat and humidity starting June 1. I kept thinking: we are going to have an unreal hot Summer and it has been.
Even if it was 72, which I doubt in June, keeping anyone in a closed car down here would kill a small child. I find it hard to believe Casey would be that stupid, shes flaky but I dont think she is stupid.

Variable weather, that's Florida. Quite often the heat builds in the summer and then we get rains to cool things down.

The LOW temperature was in the low 70's for 6/16/08 (during the night).
The HIGH temperature was approximately 89.

Per the graph at the link below, it was in the 80's from noon to 3:30 pm. (I originally thought the chart showed 90's during the period, but in rereading it, it was actually in the 80's.)
Per
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=MAP008&month=6&day=16&year=2008

According to the Orlando weather history for 6/16/08, temperatures were in the 80's from noon to 3:30 pm. This is based on a 24 hour temperature graph at:

Since a previous posting indicated a history of 72 degrees, overcast and with thunderstorms on 6/16/08, I wanted to be sure we actually knew the hourly temperatures, specifically regarding whether the temperatures were sufficiently hot to cause an accidental overheating death within a closed car.

The previous posting which you refer to was for weather readings for "Orlando International Airport" for 6/16/08. I used that location rather than the general "Orlando, FL." for information because is the closest weather station that I could find to the Anthony home.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I checked your airport link and the weather was quite similar to the main Orlando site I used, 80's from about noon to 3 pm.

One difference in our perspectives, I think, was the timeline on 6/16/08. I was specifically looking at 1-3:30 pm time, just before the "flurry" of phone calls from Casey to Mom/Dad, etc. Could a small child have gotten overheated in a closed car at that time?

As you can probably guess from my boat in the pic (Southern Star), I sail a lot and tend to be constantly checking radar, tides, etc. It's a lot a more accurate when you're checking past dates!

Thanks and take care, melly53.

Thanks for the info, very helpful! Can someone give us an idea of weather between late June 26 and June 28 early morn? The car was left sometime during the 27th. If it was after midnight on the 26th, or before midnight on 27 we do not know. It would be good to know if it rained any of the dates. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy