Invisibility Cloak

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
Scientists closer to developing invisibility cloak

WASHINGTON — Scientists say they are a step closer to developing materials that could render people and objects invisible.
Researchers have demonstrated for the first time they were able to cloak three-dimensional objects using artificially engineered materials that redirect light around the objects. Previously, they only have been able to cloak very thin two-dimensional objects.
The findings, by scientists at the University of California, Berkeley, led by Xiang Zhang, are to be released later this week in the journals Nature and Science.
The new work moves scientists a step closer to hiding people and objects from visible light, which could have broad applications, including military ones.
More at link
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/Science/SCI_Invisibility_Cloak.html

Wonder if it'll be as good as the one Harry Potter has?

Cool! Can you imagine your child calling your name like that though? You can hear them but not see them. On the other hand, I might could use it to hide from my kids. LOL!

I just want one that will hide the mess in my house...

I'm thinking John Edwards wishes he had one right about now.

In all seriousness, they've had this technology for years now. If you read up on some very informative websites (scientific/mainstream, not conspiracy type websites), they've had this technology for YEARS.

Rule of Thumb: Someone very close to me told me years ago that anytime our lovely government was suddenly announcing some new type technology, ALWAYS understand that this technology has been around for many, many years prior to the announcement. The Internet had been around for a long time, too, before they released that technology to our very unsuspecting population.

It makes me so darn mad when I read announcements like this...who are they trying to kid. Oh, that's right...the unsuspecting (and at times, highly gullible) American populace...:furious::mad:

Does this mean that they can make a pair of jeans that will make 6 inches on both sides of my bootie and thighs disappear??? :crazy:

Where do I go to prepay??? :)

Oh I'm so getting me one of those. Not to hide myself, but to throw over a few people in my house.:crazy:

Cool beans.

You guys have to read "Men Who Stare At Goats." Great book by a reporter who got inside some of the military experiments in the 70's, like colonels trying to walk through walls and exert mind control over animals.

LOL, I want one of those! I can think of all kinds of things that I could get into!

Does this mean that they can make a pair of jeans that will make 6 inches on both sides of my bootie and thighs disappear??? :crazy:

Where do I go to prepay??? :)

When you find out let me know!!

You guys have to read "Men Who Stare At Goats." Great book by a reporter who got inside some of the military experiments in the 70's, like colonels trying to walk through walls and exert mind control over animals.

I'm going to have to buy that book just for the title!!!

Wait til you see the cover, friend...

31282967.jpg

LOL - it's on its way to me.

Mickey,

YES, and

Believe,

Yes, awesome book. Have it, read it -- it's a must read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back