649 users online (87 members and 562 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Breaking News

On Fox news there was a breaking story, they have surviellence video showing a girl who looks like Madeline McCann walking with some woman. Turn on Fox News NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by NighTillDawn View Post
    On Fox news there was a breaking story, they have surviellence video showing a girl who looks like Madeline McCann walking with some woman. Turn on Fox News NOW!
    I haven't found anything about this. Any idea what this was?

I've just seen it on the website of a British Newspaper. They showed the CCTV footage too.

I don't really know what to think of it, though. The girl looked very much the way Madeleine looked just before she disappeared. And she seemed kind of akward together with the woman she was holding hands with.

On the other hand- I just don't believe for one minute that anyone so professional who could snatch that kid right under the eyes of everyone without being seen- would take the risk to walk it in a city like Brussels. Without even changing her haircut.

Probably just a girl walking with her nanny.

I don't have access to a tv right now, can someone who is watching please tell me what is going on?

Here's a link to the CCTV footage: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle270335.ece

There is a little blond haired girl walking with a woman who appears to be a Muslim, well she is dressed as one, in Brussels. They caught footage of her by a bank walking with this woman. The girl does resemble Madeline, and now I guess they are trying to figure out whether this is her or not. I find it strange that this woman had her, unless she is telling people she is adopted or she is a babysitter for the girl. They look nothing alike.

It could be a Nanny, NightillDawn.

Brussels is something like the diplomatic capitol in Europe, and there will be thousands of children there having a nanny. I'm not living in Brussels, but in another capitol of Europe, and would not react at all if I saw blonde children walking hand in hand with black, muslim or indian adults. It's actually something I see every single day.

Very possible Maryam, and it most likely isn't Madeline, just a girl who resembles her. There is so many possibilities with this case. The parents left the kids alone while they ate dinner. Madeline could have opened the door to go find her parents, someone saw her and took her. How come the parents were never charged with neglect for leaving their little one's unattended while they were out? I could never understand that.

False sighting No. 3,946

False sighting No. 3,946. Or was it 3,947?

Amongst the charges that the McCanns should face is 'Wasting Police Time'.

An awful lot of it.

In an awful lot of countries...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NighTillDawn View Post
    Very possible Maryam, and it most likely isn't Madeline, just a girl who resembles her. There is so many possibilities with this case. The parents left the kids alone while they ate dinner. Madeline could have opened the door to go find her parents, someone saw her and took her. How come the parents were never charged with neglect for leaving their little one's unattended while they were out? I could never understand that.
    Neither can I- on a personal level.

Unfortunately- this is not too uncommon in Europe, and amongst tourist visiting the mediterranean. Every year you can read in the newspaper about parents "forgetting" their kids in the hotelroom while they're out drinking, parents neglecting the kids and just thinking about their own fun.

But actually- many people still don't consider what the McCanns did a crime. I know quite a lot of people who said they would have done the same under these circumstances. In Europe, we are more liberal in many ways - sometimes a bit too liberal for the rest of the world to understand.

Just an example:
    Where I live (one of the capitols in Europe), it is very common leaving your stroller outside a restaurant with a baby in it, while you enjoy your meal somewhere inside not even near the windows. Nobody reacts, and it's actually considered totaly normal.

Thanks for your post Maryam, it helps to understand the mindset these parents had. What's the difference between Madeline's disappearance compared to Caylee Anthonty's disappearance? You have Casey locked up and the McCann's are free. Is it because the McCann's live abroad with different rules?

And that's why Europe needs a Maddie Law - Don't leave your children unprotected!!!!!!!!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bennett View Post
    False sighting No. 3,946. Or was it 3,947?

Amongst the charges that the McCanns should face is 'Wasting Police Time'.

An awful lot of it.

In an awful lot of countries...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This "tip" wasn't brought to the attention of the police by the McCann's. I think this girl looks alot like Maddie....who knows?

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleven View Post
    This "tip" wasn't brought to the attention of the police by the McCann's. I think this girl looks alot like Maddie....who knows?
    Except this girl is a good 2 foot taller than what the McCanns reported as her height when she went missing.

I think she looks like Maddie, but she also looks like millions of other little girls in the world.

We have seen this same scenario over and over in Morocco and elsewhere - blame the "foreign" person with dark skin who has no business holding hands with the little blonde girl. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

This fits the story the McCanns want us to believe. I think it's going to be proven another case of mistaken identity.

Maryam: It's too bad that Europeans are more liberal about their child neglect laws, and people leave their kids unprotected. On the one hand, the McCanns felt "safe" at their resort, but on the other hand Kate was very quick to figure out that someone had "taken" her daughter and they blamed the police for that from day one.

But they can't have it both ways - it was their decision to keep the door unlocked that led to Maddie's disappearance. The police didn't make that decision for the two adults in charge of those children.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast