Caylee's Bruises

coltsgal

#1 Colts Fan
Reaction score
I've heard about bruises on Caylee. Does anyone know where they were on her, or how severe they were?

My son falls all the time while playing and has a bunch of bruises on his shins. Is LE or witnesses sure that they aren't just from a 2 year old playing?

I've heard about bruises on Caylee. Does anyone know where they were on her, or how severe they were?

My son falls all the time while playing and has a bunch of bruises on his shins. Is LE or witnesses sure that they aren't just from a 2 year old playing?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/7/23/casey_anthony_remains_in_jail.html

Melich said the Sheriff's Office received a tip from a hairdresser who said Caylee had bruises and marks on her, as well as a photo from another witness that showed a cut under Caylee's eye.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,389642,00.html

Melich also said a witness he interviewed remembered seeing bruises on Caylee's body and a mark under her eye without knowing that Melich had a photo showing similar marks on the toddler.

There was a picture put up on one of the looong threads showing Caylee with a bruise under her arm. It was a black and blue mark and it covered her under-arm area.

There was a picture put up on one of the looong threads showing Caylee with a bruise under her arm. It was a black and blue mark and it covered her under-arm area.

Do you recall if it was GD thread or an old photo thread? I would like to see it.

I'm just wondering if we can prove prior physical abuse, or if these should just be written off as a 2 year old playing and getting bruised.

Well, in my line of work, bruises on knees, shins, elbows, hands and forearms from children are quite common. Bumps on the forehead, scratches on the face, are also common. But if they are prolonged, over months, etc., that is when you need to be concerned.
I would say the under arm is not a common place to get a bruise as a child. I mean, it isn't out of the realm of possibility (I have seen a child break her rotator cuff by slipping in a grocery cart and catching herself under her arm), but it is rare(er).

I wonder if the neighbor has told of any incidents of hearing Casey screaming at Caylee or the child crying.

Can anyone find a copy of this picture which was being circulated a few weeks ago? I think that Caylee had a mouse (swelling bruise) under her eye in the photo, but I have not been able to locate it since...

I remember early on in the case a hairdresser (KC's I assume) said she she saw Caylee with a bruise on her face and took a picture with her cell phone. I am wondering why we never heard LE's response to this alleged photo. Does anyone have any insight why the story just disappeared?

"Melich said the Sheriff's Office received a tip from a hairdresser who said Caylee had bruises and marks on her, as well as a photo from another witness that showed a cut under Caylee's eye.'

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/7/22/bail_hearing_tuesday_for_mother_of_caylee_anthony.html

"As the hearing continues, all kinds of interesting stuff comes out. A tip from a hairdresser has also come in alleging physical abuse of Caylee. There is also an unrelated photo showing bruising to Caylee’s eye. Casey’s family states that Casey never abused Caylee"

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/07/16/where-is-caylee-marie-anthony/

IIRC RM(?) said he had been there when Caylee hit herself on the edge of a table or something. Nothing suspect apparently.

ETA:
Its on page 1284 . He says that it happened around Jan 23rd 2008. Pic taken in his apt, probably by KC and he's not sure if she posted it on MS or PB

toddler bruises as my pediatrician calls them, are most commonly found on shins. They are small curcular shaped "dings". I have managed to raise 4 toddlers so far, and every last one gets this type of bruise. Forehead bruises are also common,and those usually swell up pretty badly. Toddlers are busy bees and they often times are too caught up in their own activity to notice surroundings. My 2 1/2 yr old turned his head into the bathroom vanity just this morning. I'm in NO way defending the A family, esp. Casey, just trying to shed some light on the common look of bumps and bonks in toddlerhood.

I'm just wondering if we can prove prior physical abuse, or if these should just be written off as a 2 year old playing and getting bruised.

There are certain locations on the body that tend to point towards abuse. These are not the usual areas that children get bumps and bruises. Common sites for NON-accidental injuries include the stomach, back, inner arms, chest, upper arms, ears, cheeks... it is not to say that an injury to the cheek for example could not be caused by an accident, it is just much less likley than the knees for example. Physicians and emergency hospital staff should be trained to detect an injury that appears suspicious.

I remember early on in the case a hairdresser (KC's I assume) said she she saw Caylee with a bruise on her face and took a picture with her cell phone. I am wondering why we never heard LE's response to this alleged photo. Does anyone have any insight why the story just disappeared?

"Melich said the Sheriff's Office received a tip from a hairdresser who said Caylee had bruises and marks on her, as well as a photo from another witness that showed a cut under Caylee's eye.'

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/7/22/bail_hearing_tuesday_for_mother_of_caylee_anthony.html

"As the hearing continues, all kinds of interesting stuff comes out. A tip from a hairdresser has also come in alleging physical abuse of Caylee. There is also an unrelated photo showing bruising to Caylee’s eye. Casey’s family states that Casey never abused Caylee"

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/07/16/where-is-caylee-marie-anthony/

I remember the hairdresser and then kc lied on a video tape and said kc and Caylee never had a hairdresser. kc claims she cut and colored her own hair......everyon viewing her nights at Fusion can tell that is a professional cut and to the hairdresser........a very good cut! I bet this comes out later as a fact. IMO kc abused Caylee in little ways for a long time and family called it boo boo's by accident, afraid of losing Caylee to the system.........
IMO that might of saved hr life........

Toddlers bump into things, fall from things and pretty much get banged up a lot. They are clumsy still. The bruises, scraps, injuries that should cause concern occur on the back of the child - anywhere on the back, the butt, the back of the legs, back of the arms, back of the neck, back of the head. Or so I have been told by pediatricians.

The hairdresser must of felt something was odd about the boo boo to take a cell phone photo. IMO, you usually ask a child that age..."gee honey what happened?" Who knows what Caylee said to the hairdresser.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when the NG show began to put up newer pics of Caylee as an infant I noticed some things that were disturbing, imo.

For instance, in one pic taken of her lying down, no one else in the pic, the right side of her face is completely red as tho she'd been slapped. This is an infant pic and not the type of innocent injury you see at that age.

In another where she is lying with her arms out, her left arm appears quite bruised and swollen, again much to young to be an innocent injury by an active toddler. (this is the one with the white tee & yellow bottoms)

In another, there were marks on her face that could have been from her own fingernails--however, there is a deep red mark in the very corner of her right eye. This is the pic where Casey is holding her & kissing her cheek.

I believe that Casey was a totally different "mommy" when C & GA were on hand then when they weren't at home. (or when anyone else was around) In some of the videos this is most apparent since in many that are with C & G, they are engaging with her, encouraging, loving and basically are tickled by her responses.
There are some that I believe Casey had filmed and in those she does not respond to Caylee at all, no matter how much Caylee attempts to engage her own mother. (some on You Tube: Caylee at breakfast, 123 Cheese and another where she is dancing to rock music)

This child not only lived in the midst of severe fighting between mother & GM, including screeching and physical altercations probably most if not all of her young life. I also believe that Casey's temper was regularly witnessed by Caylee and that much worse, she became the brunt of such on a regular basis. We witnessed only the tip of the iceburg in that Aug 14 visitation video. One can only imagine how she let loose on the one tiny person who could not fight back nor "tell".

When Mellich was on the witness stand at the bond hearing, he not only mentioned the bruises that were reported but also the pics that he'd seen. I'm wondering how many of those Casey took off line before being arrested showed a physical pattern of abuse.

IMO, Caylee was emotionally and physically abused by Casey. I believe she held such deep resentment, anger and jealousy that when it came to carrying out Caylee's murder she did so with those feelings at the very surface.
This is possibly why we see no remorse or any feelings whatsoever over the loss of Caylee. Certainly none that any normal, loving mother would have.

(Yikes! is this a rant?? and am i posting in the wrong place?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back