858 users online (107 members and 751 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446

    Angry WA - 9 Month Old Baby Boy Critical after Sexual Assault by Mom's Boyfriend

    Kalispell (MT) infant hospitalized in Spokane after assault

    SPOKANE -- A nine-month-old baby from Kalispell, Montana is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center here in Spokane after being sexually assaulted.

    The baby boy was flown by air ambulance from Kalispell to Spokane on Saturday and is being treated for a variety of abuse-related injuries including sexual assailt.

    ~snip~

    Once at the hospital in Kalispell doctors noticed the nine-month-old boy had been raped and may have been smothered with a pillow. The boy suffered serious brain injuries.

    http://www.kxly.com/global/story.asp?s=8824796

    Here's yet another repeat of a story we hear time and time again. This baby boy is in the same hospital as little Kyra Wine. Both mothers put their interests above their child's.

    This baby boy is in critical condition because his mom entrusted him to her new boyfriend, Shane Nickerson, 20, who volunteered to babysit while she 'slept in'!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Kalispell (MT) infant hospitalized in Spokane after assault

    SPOKANE -- A nine-month-old baby from Kalispell, Montana is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center here in Spokane after being sexually assaulted.

    The baby boy was flown by air ambulance from Kalispell to Spokane on Saturday and is being treated for a variety of abuse-related injuries including sexual assailt.

    ~snip~

    Once at the hospital in Kalispell doctors noticed the nine-month-old boy had been raped and may have been smothered with a pillow. The boy suffered serious brain injuries.

    http://www.kxly.com/global/story.asp?s=8824796

    Here's yet another repeat of a story we hear time and time again. This baby boy is in the same hospital as little Kyra Wine. Both mothers put their interests above their child's.

    This baby boy is in critical condition because his mom entrusted him to her new boyfriend, Shane Nickerson, 20, who volunteered to babysit while she 'slept in'!
    From the link.... and I am so glad they have said this, I wish more of these articles would start pointing it out.

    Sgt. Peterson, a detective with the Spokane Police Major Crimes unit, says that letting brand new boyfriends watch young children they are not biologically related to has proven very risky.

    "I don't have the statistics but certainly a great cause of death of young children is mother's boyfriends," Sgt. Peterson said.

    Now the reason that this happens so often isn't clear but it stands to reason that these new boyfriends either don't have a biological bond with these children or these kids serve as a reminder that their new girlfriend has been involved with other men in the past.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Who is the poster on WS's that has the theory that a lot of "new boyfriends" that kill/harm the children of the female involved are doing so because of a genetic predisposition to destroy "what came before". I am beginning to think maybe that poster is onto something significant. It doesn't excuse the actions of these azz-holes, but if we can understand it enough to articulate it to the masses, maybe, someone, somewhere will listen- and not let the boyfriend be alone with the child.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    I am so sick and tired of reading about attacks on innocent children. Why do women leave their babies with these guys? If he was dumped by his girlfriend in July, that means the mother of the little boy hadn't been dating this guy very long...and yet she trusted him with the baby.

    Nickerson does not appear to have a criminal history however on his MySpace page Nickerson noted that his mother had just passed away in May and that he was dumped by his girlfriend in July. The writings allude to his frustration and anger.
    So he's frustrated and angry and the thing to do is go out and rape and smother a baby? What in the hell is wrong with people????

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    From the link.... and I am so glad they have said this, I wish more of these articles would start pointing it out.
    I agree! My mother has spent my whole life going on about this point in every way possible. She is a bit on the paranoid side I guess- when she was dating my stepdad (then BF) she actually made him give her the phone numbers of his ex's who had daughters and called them for 'references' before letting him around my sisters and me!

    Also as kids we were never allowed to sleep over at friends houses if there was any 'unrelated' man like a stepdad or moms boyfriend who lived there or was around a lot. Not until I was like 16 or so was I even allowed to spend much time at those friends houses.
    I thought she was nuts at the time and most of the guys were nice I'm sure, but I have since found out things about some of them that made me very very thankful I was never around those men without another adult in the house.

  6. #6
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Mysteriew, I did pick up on what the detective was trying to say, but I chose not to cut and paste it that part of the article, because of the way it came off. IF "Mom's new boyfriend" is biologically related her child, sounded like some hinky family dynamics might be occuring. KWIM?

    Here's the perp's myspace
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=161415349

    Shane's ex-girlfriend should feel very fortunate that their relationship ended last month; before they had children together and he harmed one of them.

    I hope the perp gets a nice long sentence, because if that poor baby survives, he'll have a lif-long sentence. I'll be saying some prayers for him.

    For the life of me, I don't know how on earth a human being can harm any other human being but an innocent little baby?!?!

    Reannan and Luv - I know what you mean!
    Last edited by Liz; 08-12-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Correct grammatical error

  7. #7
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Lorelei - Lucky you to have a mom that cared so much and kudos to your mom!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    By his own account he's a fragile person?

    How about this poor innocent baby?

    This has happened yet again? It makes me physically ill.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Who is the poster on WS's that has the theory that a lot of "new boyfriends" that kill/harm the children of the female involved are doing so because of a genetic predisposition to destroy "what came before". I am beginning to think maybe that poster is onto something significant. It doesn't excuse the actions of these azz-holes, but if we can understand it enough to articulate it to the masses, maybe, someone, somewhere will listen- and not let the boyfriend be alone with the child.
    That is a theory.

    However, I don't think this to be the case here. This kid/guy was already an emotional mess if his Myspace accounts for anything. His mother recently died. His Pop's it looks like is locked up. He's obviously in love with his ex girlfriend who got out of Dodge very wisely. On her Myspace it syas they were together for five years. He's only 20.

    Right there you have a ticking time bomb. Throw in an infant and a new chick and something bad is about to happen. Destroying something that came before wouldn't have to involve a sexual assault. Nor would a crying, fussy infant. Is it because these guys see the baby is loved? They feel unloved?

    Or is it because they are freakin cowards who don't take out their rage on another adult? They use the weak who can't fight back. I mean that's one messed up creep that will hurt a little baby like that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    After reading his myspace it seems it should have set off some red flags to the baby's mother. Especially since he says his friends are fading away from him.

    I wish someone had warned the mother of the baby. Now, that poor innocent little boy will pay for the rest of his life for his mother's mistake and the "frustrations" of some POS.

    I'm praying for a miracle for him. It's happened before.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    This man is the criminal here-Filly nailed it in saying that he is a weak cowardly ba****d because he is taking out his rage, frustration and aggravation on a baby instead of another adult. He hit something that couldn't fight back because he is pond scum. AND he violated the child to boot.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    From the link.... and I am so glad they have said this, I wish more of these articles would start pointing it out.
    I was about to quote the same thing mysteriew, it is about time someone said it!! It's like get a clue already, don't leave your children with men you just met!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,772
    I am disgusted! I don't get it...there's no excuse....period! Prayers the little guy recovers.

    Is this the ex? Looks like they were engaged....check out the pics.

    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=293616131

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    516
    its odd, she was asleep when this happened I would have thought the child would have screamed (unless this is where the smothering comes in) and then he wakes her up to tell her something is wrong? did he not think anyone would notice what happened? because then he didnt want to go to the hospital....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    Quote Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
    I agree! My mother has spent my whole life going on about this point in every way possible. She is a bit on the paranoid side I guess- when she was dating my stepdad (then BF) she actually made him give her the phone numbers of his ex's who had daughters and called them for 'references' before letting him around my sisters and me!

    Also as kids we were never allowed to sleep over at friends houses if there was any 'unrelated' man like a stepdad or moms boyfriend who lived there or was around a lot. Not until I was like 16 or so was I even allowed to spend much time at those friends houses.
    I thought she was nuts at the time and most of the guys were nice I'm sure, but I have since found out things about some of them that made me very very thankful I was never around those men without another adult in the house.

    Some time back, I was in the Middle East and talking to a good friend of mine about their custom that, in the case of a divorce, the children usually go to the custody of the father and not the mother. She explained that it was believed that this was the best circumstance for the children as it kept them with their paternal lineage and protected them from potential harm from non-kin males they would otherwise be exposed to through the mother when she remarried. My friend was truly flabbergasted at the American mothers' habit of exposing their children to danger and harm with boyfriends and live-in lovers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Australia - Men to face court charged with 10-month-old baby's sexual assault
    By Bohemian in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 01:02 AM
  2. NJ - 3-month-old receives critical head injuries
    By capoly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2016, 02:27 AM
  3. GUILTY WA - Stepan Perebeynos for child abuse, Fircrest, 2012
    By TexasRanger in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 06:28 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2016, 04:11 AM
  5. GUILTY PA - Ryan McAfee for raping 6-month-old boy, Johnstown, 2003
    By Casshew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 09:04 AM