Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Alligators

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27

    Alligators

    Florida is full of lakes, bugs, snakes and alligators. Many weeks missing, this sick, twisted young mother could have fed her baby to the gators. The longer the investigators look without locating this child, I believe she did feed the baby to the gators.

    I also believe that she's alienating herself from her family because she is not capable of emotions.

    This woman killed her baby. No doubt in my mind. And, I don't buy the drowning theory. Although, she and her family would love for the investigators to conclude this as an accident. No way!



    My heart does go out to her mother, father and brother. They apparently do have feelings and should be consoled instead of brutalized.
    Last edited by CW; 08-12-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Good post a little to hash...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    10
    I've thought of that too, but if she did that, Caylee would have had to be alive at the time, as gators do not feed on dead flesh...


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    56
    When I went to Gatorland Zoo as a child, the gators were being fed dead chickens.
    There is ABSOLUTELY something not right about all this! It has sent up red flags since day one.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    When I went to Gatorland Zoo as a child, the gators were being fed dead chickens.
    Those were trained alligators.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1976 View Post
    I've thought of that too, but if she did that, Caylee would have had to be alive at the time, as gators do not feed on dead flesh...

    I wish we could put this inaccuracy aside. It's been repeated many many times here.

    Gators WILL eat dead flesh, carion of any kind.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
    I wish we could put this inaccuracy aside. It's been repeated many many times here.

    Gators WILL eat dead flesh, carion of any kind.
    I would be much more willing to discuss the method by which this beautiful baby met her demise if LE made it public that they have evidence that she no longer walks among us. Until they do, I'll bow out of this alligator (or other 'demise') topic now, because I really can't stand it but I couldn't help read it .......... because it was here. Ugh.

    S


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    10
    I'm sorry if it seems innaccurate, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer. Alligators are not attracted to dead human flesh. I'm in no way trying to argue. They will eat dead chickens at the zoo, and they will eat rotted meat if they are hungry enough. But what attracts an alligator to its food in the first place is the movement. I am in no way trying to cause confusion, and pardon me if I stepped on any toes..As an animal lover and someone who has been in the animal business for years I just saw an opportunity to share a little bit of info that I thought may be helpful...Gators sometimes will eat whatever they find, but as a whole, they really aren't attracted to dead human flesh...Sorry if there was any confusion or misunderstandings..I would in no way want to hinder finding this little girl. P.S. Please take it easy on me, I'm just a newbie trying to be helpful.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1976 View Post
    I'm sorry if it seems innaccurate, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer. Alligators are not attracted to dead human flesh. I'm in no way trying to argue. They will eat dead chickens at the zoo, and they will eat rotted meat if they are hungry enough. But what attracts an alligator to its food in the first place is the movement. I am in no way trying to cause confusion, and pardon me if I stepped on any toes..As an animal lover and someone who has been in the animal business for years I just saw an opportunity to share a little bit of info that I thought may be helpful...Gators sometimes will eat whatever they find, but as a whole, they really aren't attracted to dead human flesh...Sorry if there was any confusion or misunderstandings..I would in no way want to hinder finding this little girl. P.S. Please take it easy on me, I'm just a newbie trying to be helpful.
    http://www.allenpress.com/pdf/weme_16_303_119_124.pdf

    * Eight other cases in Florida involved individuals who may have been dead
    before the alligator attack.

    In 2004 there 334 alligator attacks in Fl, 14 fatalties and 8 other cases where they believe the invidual was dead before the attack.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,167
    THE MORE I READ the More I get sick.
    It never occurred to me to think alligators.....
    But it never occurred to me that she can sit in a cell so calmly without helping find that baby.
    Bipolar or not Bipolar BY NOW she herself should be wondering if the child is OK?


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    THE MORE I READ the More I get sick.
    It never occurred to me to think alligators.....
    But it never occurred to me that she can sit in a cell so calmly without helping find that baby.
    Bipolar or not Bipolar BY NOW she herself should be wondering if the child is OK?

    Not if she already knows the outcome which she clearly does. Reading through her myspace postings in the other thread she barely misses a day, no sign anything is wrong, and is actively making plans for every Friday at Fusian, not just the 20th. It appears she was there the 27th, hosted the party for her boyfriend on the 4th, and I will have to recheck if she talked about the 11th. She is not wondering at any point where or how Caylee is.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    553
    Florida does not have alligators on every street corner, as it seems people are assuming. There might be one or two stray alligator sightings a month. I feel there would be more stray dogs than gators.

    It makes more sense that total decomposition would have occurred by now. It would not take long with the summer heat and all of the bugs.
    Tammie in Miami

    Vini, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzer View Post
    Florida does not have alligators on every street corner, as it seems people are assuming. There might be one or two stray alligator sightings a month. I feel there would be more stray dogs than gators.

    It makes more sense that total decomposition would have occurred by now. It would not take long with the summer heat and all of the bugs.

    I assume "sightings" would mean finding an alligator somewhere it doesn't belong..... would an alligator at some body of water be reported?


    Alligator Attack Database

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...77679.htmlpage


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by LI_Mom View Post
    I assume "sightings" would mean finding an alligator somewhere it doesn't belong..... would an alligator at some body of water be reported?


    Alligator Attack Database

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...77679.htmlpage
    "Sightings" is a report that an alligator has been seen. When a gator has been reported in a residential area here in South Florida, a trapper is called in to catch the gator and transport it out of the area. They are not allowed to stay in the canals, man-made lakes, etc.

    That was a cool link you found for the alligator attacks. Usually, the reports here in South Florida comes from a family pet being attacked.
    Tammie in Miami

    Vini, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    241

    Gross Alligator question

    Since I am from the western part of NC, I have not seen or been around any alligator except at the zoo.
    When alligator eat animals with large bones, do they digest the bones, or are they expelled with other wastes?
    Thank you so much for your answers.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by boogiebear View Post
    Since I am from the western part of NC, I have not seen or been around any alligator except at the zoo.
    When alligator eat animals with large bones, do they digest the bones, or are they expelled with other wastes?
    Thank you so much for your answers.
    Ok I will share what I have found so far.
    Alligator can eat 23% of their body weight at one time. Imagine a 200 lb man eating 46 lbs. They do not like decomp, but will eat it if they are hungry, and in the wild they stay hungry, especially if they happen to be a big one.
    Their digestion is 10 times stronger and faster than ours. To digest bone, which they can easily do, they have to go sun themselves, so they can "meditate" into a stage, where instead of sending out carbon dioxide out of their lungs, they divert it to their digestion where they can make a very strong acid out of it. If they can't relax and do this(impossible when they are moving about) then they cannot digest bone. The article did not say if the undigested bone is passed or held until it is digested eventually.
    When the alligator does go poop, it is like bird poop. Poop is not just poop, but urination as well, and it all comes out the same hole, unlike mammals who have a hole for each process.
    Anyone who wants to add something, or correct something, please do.

    link to article where most of the information is located.

    http://www.unews.utah.edu/p/?r=020408-1
    An average American alligator is 800 lbs and 13 feet, and using the above formula it can eat 208lbs at a sitting.


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Naked Encounters with Alligators!
    By southcitymom in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •