744 users online (66 members and 678 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why are there NO active searches for Caylee????

Does anyone know why LE is not conducting grid searches? Why volunteers are not out searching daily like in other recent cases (ducket, casse)? This is driving me crazy!!!!

You would think that even if Caylee is dead finding her remains should be top priority. In the Lacy Peterson case, investigators never gave up. I don't get it. Something does not add up here.

I wonder that also. So sad. Wish someone from le would give a statement answering that one.

Where would you suggest they start? Seriously?

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

I imagine there are no searches because they don't have the slightest clue where to look. Sad.

I would suggest that they start in the locations where her cellphone pings from June 15th-June 18th - just for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    Where would you suggest they start? Seriously?
    This is really what I meant to post. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    I would suggest that they start in the locations where her cellphone pings from June 15th-June 18th - just for a start.
    This is probably an unpopular opinion, but -- why would they start tearing up Florida when there's not even been the slightest clue or any hard evidence that this child is deceased? When you say "search," doesn't that imply to search for a dead body? And if it doesn't mean to search for a dead body, there are no clues to search for an alive Caylee. There is nothing. You can't search if you don't know where to begin.

And here comes the unpopular part:

As much as people say "my heart goes out to this family" and "I have grown to love this little girl" and blah blah, the truth is ---- if the little girl isn't your OWN, you're not going to start tearing up the earth to find her. You just aren't, and you haven't. (I mean generically "you" -- not you personally.)

I want to find a few million dollars.
    Where should I start looking for it?

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Too much space. Like a needle in a haystack.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Quote Originally Posted by SelmaClue View Post
    This is probably an unpopular opinion, but -- why would they start tearing up Florida when there's not even been the slightest clue or any hard evidence that this child is deceased? When you say "search," doesn't that imply to search for a dead body? And if it doesn't mean to search for a dead body, there are no clues to search for an alive Caylee. There is nothing. You can't search if you don't know where to begin.

And here comes the unpopular part:

As much as people say "my heart goes out to this family" and "I have grown to love this little girl" and blah blah, the truth is ---- if the little girl isn't your OWN, you're not going to start tearing up the earth to find her. You just aren't, and you haven't. (I mean generically "you" -- not you personally.)

I want to find a few million dollars.
    Where should I start looking for it?
    They certainly do have clues. Casey's cell phone records and witness reports. Casey mentioned Universal and Blanchard park, both good places to start! They can search Epasssunpass if she traveled.
    Grids are usually constructed and search teams are sent out. At the very least voluntees meet up and split up to search. All I am saying is it is highly unusual, based on previous cases, that no lakes, ponds, woods are beign searched as they have been done in the most recent cases. Again, investigators for Lacy never gave up! At the very least I would hope for a thorough search of area parks and lakes to ruled out those areas if nothing more.
    I find this infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by manatee View Post
    They certainly do have clues. Casey's cell phone records and witness reports. Casey mentioned Universal and Blanchard park, both good places to start! They can search Epasssunpass if she traveled.
    Grids are usually constructed and search teams are sent out. At the very least voluntees meet up and split up to search. All I am saying is it is highly unusual, based on previous cases, that no lakes, ponds, woods are beign searched as they have been done in the most recent cases. Again, investigators for Lacy never gave up! At the very least I would hope for a thorough search of area parks and lakes to ruled out those areas if nothing more.
    I find this infuriating.
    manatee: I don't see why you are so angry. With all due respect, Casey and Cindy have mentioned alot of things that could send people on wild goose chases. They told the police to search all over the state for this Zenaida woman, and they've never found her, and Cindy mentioned "connections" other states. There was also the alleged sighting at the Atlanta Airport. Should they start searching there? Cindy believed it!

There's just no starting point for rivers and lakes. No one ever saw Casey near a river, lake, or pond. It would be a wasted effort to do all that randomly.

One other thing - Lacy was a grown pregnant woman. She had a habit of taking walks in the park, and that's why they searched there to begin with. Then they got tips about certain lakes. But Caylee is just a baby - she didn't walk anywhere by herself, so it's more productive to get more info from her mother than to run around searching.

It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

I agree that its ridiculous they aren't looking for Caylee. As I have mentioned in other threads they searched for Danielle Van Dam here for weeks and San Diego is a huge county. They evenwent out to the deserts where Westerfield claimed to go that weekend. She wasn't found anywhere near the desert. It took a couple of weeks but they found her. They have lots of points of interest they can start looking. The cell phone pings, near Universal, near the park she mentions, near her home, near Amscott (the best bet). They have searched for lots of the missing like a needle in a haystack but have found many of them. How about the dump? They searched for Lauri Hacking for days and days in a landfill but they found a part of her. This is the first missing child case where I have never seen a search going on. I think it is due to what someone mentions above. The dislike of some of the family and what has gone on in the case and the mother sitting in jail quietly not talking. But its the little girl we should all care about.

Quote Originally Posted by kathyn2 View Post
    I agree that its ridiculous they aren't looking for Caylee. As I have mentioned in other threads they searched for Danielle Van Dam here for weeks and San Diego is a huge county. They evenwent out to the deserts where Westerfield claimed to go that weekend. She wasn't found anywhere near the desert. It took a couple of weeks but they found her. They have lots of points of interest they can start looking. The cell phone pings, near Universal, near the park she mentions, near her home, near Amscott (the best bet). They have searched for lots of the missing like a needle in a haystack but have found many of them. How about the dump? They searched for Lauri Hacking for days and days in a landfill but they found a part of her. This is the first missing child case where I have never seen a search going on. I think it is due to what someone mentions above. The dislike of some of the family and what has gone on in the case and the mother sitting in jail quietly not talking. But its the little girl we should all care about.
    But in that case, you had parents who reported her missing immediately. In this case, the mother admitted to keeping it quiet for a month.

So yes, I dislike the fact that this mother didn't call the police the minute Caylee disappeared. That is an unlikable thing. And it certainly doesn't help with the searching, does it?

Also, this is Florida in the summer, with alligators and rattlesnakes, and hot days when a body would decompose quickly. With no clue as to where to look, and after a month, where do they start?

Quote Originally Posted by manatee View Post
    I find this infuriating.

Caylee has been missing for over a month, in that time Casey has been in many places, how would they even know were to start looking? They searched for Laci because supposidly from what they were told she dissapeared while walking her dog/ they had an area to search. They don't have any of that with Caylee she could be anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    But in that case, you had parents who reported her missing immediately. In this case, the mother admitted to keeping it quiet for a month.

So yes, I dislike the fact that this mother didn't call the police the minute Caylee disappeared. That is an unlikable thing. And it certainly doesn't help with the searching, does it?

Also, this is Florida in the summer, with alligators and rattlesnakes, and hot days when a body would decompose quickly. With no clue as to where to look, and after a month, where do they start?
    Thoughfox : I know what your are saying. But as a mother of four, I cannot imagine letting days go by without active search teams!!!! We have several clues as to where to look. Jay blanchard park is a great place to start. If nothing else to rule places out.
    Do you know of any other missing child/person case where there was no active search teams out either volunteer or police? I can't find one! At least, if nothing else, to look like your are at least trying to find her.

UCFAlumni2002 is offline Jennifer Kesse- Missing over 8 years- www.findjenniferkesse.com
    For those who keep mentioning Jay Blanchard, I do not believe Caylee is there. Around the time that Caylee went missing (if we are to assume between the 15th and later) there was an increase in police presence and investigators investigating the murder of Nicole G. I would look elsewhere imho
    Help Find Missing Jennifer Kesse
    www.findjenniferkesse.com
    REWARD
    CRIMELINE: 1-800-423-TIPS(8477)

Check out the Facebook Page and Twitter Page for Jenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast