PA PA - Unsolved cases in Bucks County

Richard

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]County has long history as killers’ dumping ground[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By BEN FINLEY[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bucks County Courier Times[/FONT]
17 May 2008

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Last week’s murder involving one Philadelphia man allegedly shooting another on a Bensalem exit ramp wasn’t the first time big-city killers did their dirty work here. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For years, Lower Bucks was a place where out-of-towners turned up dead. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Transvestites and underworld figures from Philadelphia and New York have ended up on the sides of highways and in parking lots. A farmer found the body of a kidnapped teenage girl in his fields. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the 1970s and 1980s in particular, the number of non-residents found dead in Lower Bucks was more than a dozen. The county’s quieter parts of I-95, Route 1 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike have attracted killers looking for a quiet place to dump and a quick getaway. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“You can’t dump a body on I-95 and the Betsy Ross Bridge. Someone will find it immediately,” said former Bucks District Attorney Alan Rubenstein, who’s now a county judge. “Once you get past Woodhaven [Road], things become a little quieter at night …. The people who do these things usually don’t think them through. The first isolated spot they find is usually where it occurs.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The murders can put strains on local police, requiring the cooperation of several jurisdictions, even states, which is the case with last week’s murder. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yet the phenomenon of body dumping in Bucks has faded. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Development and population growth seem to be the main factors, officials said. The highways aren’t as quiet, the woods less thick. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Bucks County is becoming more urbanized,” said Rubenstein, who prosecuted some of the murderers who dumped bodies here in the 1970s and 1980s. (If police establish that the killing occurred somewhere outside of Bucks, the non-Bucks jurisdiction investigates and prosecutes the crime.) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And most homicides in Philadelphia stay in Philadelphia. People are shot on the street. They’re found where they are shot,” he said. “People are shot in drivebys and ambushed.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marissa Levy, an environmental criminologist who studies the relationship between crime and the layout of a city, also attributed the decline in body dumping to development. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Levy, who teaches at Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, said murderers usually leave bodies or kill people in places they’re familiar with. Most folks who live in Philadelphia or New York are acquainted with Bucks County’s major highways. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But, she said, “as an area becomes more developed, there’s less places to stash a body.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In 1979, after nine non-county residents were found dead here in six years, then Bucks DA Kenneth Biehn acknowledged the problem was one that aggravates suburban areas around the country. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“When you have a situation where none of the players are from the area, it makes it well nigh on to impossible for local investigators to make any headway,” Biehn said back then. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yet despite the obvious challenges, Bucks law enforcement officials often working with other jurisdictions have solved some of those murders. That was the case with last Sunday’s murder in Bensalem, according to police. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bensalem police last week charged Philadelphia resident Omar Shariff Cash with the execution-style killing of Philadelphia resident Edgar Rosas- Gutierrez on the exit ramp linking Route 1 to Street Road. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cash allegedly carjacked Rosas- Gutierrez and his female friend in Philadelphia’s Juniata section. He then drove to Bucks to kill Rosas-Gutierrez and rape the woman there and later in New Jersey, police said. Cash was arrested in New York City. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Below are some of the murder cases involving non-county residents: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2004: Trenton resident Kenyatta Ward, 20, was strangled in New Jersey’s capital city and dumped in woods in Morrisville. Two Trenton residents were convicted in her death. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1997: Li Jia Qiang, a 27-year-old Chinese immigrant living in New York City, was found murdered and stuffed in a trash can on I-95 in Lower Makefield. His hands had been mutilated by a sharp object. But police were able to get a fingerprint and identify him. The case is unsolved. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1986: Tina Severns was kidnapped in Philadelphia by Albert J. Altimari, who raped and murdered her before dumping her body while she was still alive on West Trenton Avenue near Route 13 in Falls. Altimari was sentenced to life in prison. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1986: Faustino “Tina” Arryo, 27, and Jonathan “Tanya” Streater were transvestite prostitutes working the streets of Philadelphia. They were found charred and mutilated after police responded to a report of a brush fire on the side of Trenton Road in Middletown. Two men in a car had picked them up in the city. Investigators guessed the men became angry after learning the two prostitutes were men. The case is unsolved. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1981: Anthony Todd was a Philadelphia cab driver who worked in Center City. The 25-year-old was found shot to death at the intersection of Third and Miller avenues in Bristol Township. The killer then drove Todd’s taxi to a deserted area on Grundy Lane off Newportville Road and deserted the vehicle. The case is unsolved. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1978: Charles “Little Ceasar” Sherman, a reputed underworld figure from Philadelphia, was found dead along I-95 in Middletown. He had been executed “gangland” style. The case is unsolved. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1975: Valerie Seibert, 16, was discovered lying in a field near Second Street Pike and Swamp Road in Wrightstown by a farmer. Seibert, who was an 11th-grader at George Washington High School in Philadelphia, was missing for two days from her home in on Chilton Road in Northeast Philadelphia. Police also said they believed that Seibert was shot twice on the farm. The case is unsolved. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ben Finley can be reached at 215-949-4203 or bfinley@phillyBurbs.com.[/FONT]

I live in Philadelphia, so I find this interesting. I wonder if there were ever any identified bodies found there.

Richard,

Anymore info about Valerie? I went to high school with her and she suddenly disappeared during junior year. We heard rumors that she was dead, but nothing substantial.

Here I am 34 years later finding info about her death on Websleuth.

1975: Valerie Seibert, 16, was discovered lying in a field near Second Street Pike and Swamp Road in Wrightstown by a farmer. Seibert, who was an 11th-grader at George Washington High School in Philadelphia, was missing for two days from her home in on Chilton Road in Northeast Philadelphia. Police also said they believed that Seibert was shot twice on the farm. The case is unsolved.

Faustino “Tina” Arroyo

Cause of Death: Suffocated, beaten and sexually mutilated by Donald Jennings.
Date of Death: June 30, 1986
Source: Philadelphia Daily News, August 12, 1986 and December 5, 1986
Notes: Arroyo was murdered at the same time as Jonathan “Tanya” Streater. Both were burnt and their bodies were discovered in trash bags, with their legs sawed off above the knees.
------------------------

Jonathan “Tanya” Streater

Cause of Death: Shot in the face, beaten and sexually mutilated by Donald Jennings
Date of Death: June 30, 1986
Source: Philadelphia Daily News, August 12, 1986 and December 5, 1986
Notes: Streater was murdered at the same time as Faustino “Tina” Arroyo. Both were burnt and their bodies were discovered in trash bags, with their legs sawed off above the knees.
---------------------------

Source :
http://www.rememberingourdead.org/people/faustinoarroyo.html

http://www.rememberingourdead.org/people/jonathanstreater.html

Are these the 2 guys discovered along Trenton Road?

I have been seeing little tidbits about this for years. Not sure if this was real.

Are these the 2 guys discovered along Trenton Road?

I have been seeing little tidbits about this for years. Not sure if this was real.

Yes, Stacey, these are the two discovered along Trenton Road.

I currently have not been able to find anything about Donald Jennings online so far. But I imagine that the site that had that information was accurate, considering what the site is intended for.

I really wish for a more accessible & easier method for online research into what should be public record. I know that LE considers the release of such information, especially the full case files of still open cases, as counter-productive on many levels. For instance...all the "tipsters" with leads going no where that would come as a result.

In cases that could be "serial killings", they tend to use the lack of media coverage as a weapon against the unsub, which has been shown even in television series such as Criminal Minds.

In my opinion, I think that although with good intentions, that these methods are not effective in capturing the unsub, & they certainly are not not effective in keeping the public safe.

If people knew the grim reality that every county, in every state of this country has had serial predators stalking its grounds with the only intention of snuffing out the life of those that are totally unaware of the peril that they are about to be in; then I believe with most certainty, that less victims would be available to these malcontents of humanity.

Also, police are limited by man power & can only do so much in any period of time. But if we had access to case files, we would be able to assist with man power of our own. Investigating these crimes is not only interesting ( a hobby if you will ), but is just about the most important civil duty, we as citizens could do.

Just because we are "arm-chair sherlocks" does not mean we are incapable. lol

I apologize if I went a little off topic in this thread.

Yes, Stacey, these are the two discovered along Trenton Road.

I currently have not been able to find anything about Donald Jennings online so far. But I imagine that the site that had that information was accurate, considering what the site is intended for.

I really wish for a more accessible & easier method for online research into what should be public record. I know that LE considers the release of such information, especially the full case files of still open cases, as counter-productive on many levels. For instance...all the "tipsters" with leads going no where that would come as a result.

In cases that could be "serial killings", they tend to use the lack of media coverage as a weapon against the unsub, which has been shown even in television series such as Criminal Minds.

In my opinion, I think that although with good intentions, that these methods are not effective in capturing the unsub, & they certainly are not not effective in keeping the public safe.

If people knew the grim reality that every county, in every state of this country has had serial predators stalking its grounds with the only intention of snuffing out the life of those that are totally unaware of the peril that they are about to be in; then I believe with most certainty, that less victims would be available to these malcontents of humanity.

Also, police are limited by man power & can only do so much in any period of time. But if we had access to case files, we would be able to assist with man power of our own. Investigating these crimes is not only interesting ( a hobby if you will ), but is just about the most important civil duty, we as citizens could do.

Just because we are "arm-chair sherlocks" does not mean we are incapable. lol

I apologize if I went a little off topic in this thread.

http://inmatelocator.cor.state.pa.us/inmatelocatorweb/InmLocator.aspx

Looks like he is still in prison.

Is anyone still working this thread? I have been researching two 70s Bucks cold cases, Miss Patty Bartlett (17-year-old) stabbed in mall parking lot in 1975 and Shaun Ritterson (body found face down on Buckingham Mountain, gutted with some organs removed, including her heart). Is anyone interested in hearing about and discussing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Richard,

Anymore info about Valerie? I went to high school with her and she suddenly disappeared during junior year. We heard rumors that she was dead, but nothing substantial.

Here I am 34 years later finding info about her death on Websleuth.

1975: Valerie Seibert, 16, was discovered lying in a field near Second Street Pike and Swamp Road in Wrightstown by a farmer. Seibert, who was an 11th-grader at George Washington High School in Philadelphia, was missing for two days from her home in on Chilton Road in Northeast Philadelphia. Police also said they believed that Seibert was shot twice on the farm. The case is unsolved.

Attachments

• clip_85347748.jpg
    clip_85347748.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members