DNA results on an actual BigFoot

believe09

Reaction score
Of course this is occurring in GA, where I believe that there are more than it's fair share of unusual events...if we find out that this big hairy body located by investigators is a meat eater, we may have to re-look at some of our theories surrounding some of the missing person's cases...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/17174989/detail.html

GA, really? I mean I could see one living in the Rockies or the Sierras but GA. Don't people do a lot of hunting in woods of GA? Seems like a bad location for a giant harry thing.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402882,00.html

Here is the link with Fox with a video. There is a link for pics but I can't get it to work. I am not going to hold my breath but I do believe there could be primates that have yet to be discovered. Gorillas were discovered until the 40s or 50s and there was a new species of chimp that walks upright that was discovered that was told about by many local people.

Georgia is a beautiful state. North Georgia is at the Foothills of the
Blueridge Mountains. Also North Ga is not that far from the Smokie
Mountains. There are places that a very remote as well as State
parks that are protected by the Goverment and does not allow hunting.
Yes we do have our share of weird things happening but I do not think
it is any worse that other states. Cannot wait to see the results on Friday.

Thanks for posting believe09..interesting huh? Just read on local news page here..

Georgia Men Claim They've Found Bigfoot

Bigfoot Hunters Claim Body Is Over 7-Feet Tall

It could be an elaborate hoax or one of the biggest news stories of the summer.

Three "Bigfoot" seekers, including two Georgia men, Wednesday claimed they have proof that they have found the body of the elusive creature in the wilds of Georgia.

Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, Georgia residents who lead Bigfoot-tracking expeditions, claim they've found a body more than 7-feet tall and weighing over 500 pounds.

On Friday, at a news conference in Palo Alto, they claim they will present DNA evidence to prove the carcass of “Rickmat” is that of a Bigfoot.

Whitton and Dyer said they found the body of what appears to be a Bigfoot in the woods of northern Georgia and will join California Bigfoot researcher Tom Biscardi at the news conference, according to Robert Barrows, who is publicizing the event.

Among the creatures's other physical characteristics of the body -- according to the hunters website -- www.searchingforbigfoot.com -- were flat feet similar to human feet. Its footprint is 16 ¾ inches long and the length from palm to tip of the middle finger is 11 ½ inches long.

"I think you'll find that this is the real deal," Barrows said of the alleged discovery.

Entire article here

Georgia is a beautiful state. North Georgia is at the Foothills of the
Blueridge Mountains. Also North Ga is not that far from the Smokie
Mountains. There are places that a very remote as well as State
parks that are protected by the Goverment and does not allow hunting.
Yes we do have our share of weird things happening but I do not think
it is any worse that other states. Cannot wait to see the results on Friday.

The report said that hunters found it. I'm skeptical; one has never been seen there before but I know from hiking that even large bears can hide very still and people can walk right by them without ever knowing that the bear was there.

Why the teaser - just a few days before the "proof" to be revealed?? Smells like a hoax to me.
I have heard tales of hunters here in KY that makes you wonder what is out there, I am not convinced that there is no such thing as "Bigfoot" but I always wondered why their bodies were never found - maybe they have evolved enough to bury their dead??

Does anyone know where we can watch this press coference. Also it is 8 here in Illinois so is it 11 in California or 12. I'm not holding my breath but I am hoping to don't say this was all a joke!

Why the teaser - just a few days before the "proof" to be revealed?? Smells like a hoax to me.
I have heard tales of hunters here in KY that makes you wonder what is out there, I am not convinced that there is no such thing as "Bigfoot" but I always wondered why their bodies were never found - maybe they have evolved enough to bury their dead??

Nah, it's because Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa pick up the body in their space ship to take them back to Vulcan, the flat planet.

15bigfoot_xlarge1.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/us/15bigfoot.html?em

And of couse there will be some REAL good reason why no one else will be able to examine the actual 'body' at this time....

FOX news states that someone said that it is a costume found here.

http://thehorrordome.com/HDSHOPPINGPROPS/SasquatchLARGE.htm

and they say this
Two things stand out about Biscardi's claims: first of all, that he's not going to be presenting a body — and in fact claims to not even know where the body is — and secondly, that the DNA evidence he's promising won't be accompanied by a "chain of custody" that details where it came from and how it got to the lab.
In other words, all he may have is photos — which don't appear to be too convincing.

"I've had interactions with Tom Biscardi in the past, and based on that history, I would say that anything he is involved in is suspect," Idaho State anthropologist and Bigfoot investigator Jeffrey Meldrum told Scientific American.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404321,00.html

Growing up in Georgia, as far back as I can remember we were told stories of Bigfoot. There were acres and acres of woods behind my grannies house when I was growing up. They actually had a newspaper clipping saved from when he was spotted in that area in the 60's. My kin folks always had stories from those woods. I believe it is possible for one to exist but I am skeptical of this story until I see hard evidence.

The DNA came back: one test showed human... another test on a different sample from "bigfoot" showed opossum!!!! Can we all say it together: this bigfoot is a... HOAX. :D

The DNA came back: one test showed human... another test on a different sample from "bigfoot" showed opossum!!!! Can we all say it together: this bigfoot is a... HOAX. :D

What? Bigfoot could be a marsupial? No wonder only adult bigfoots have been seen, the little ones were in Mama's pouch.

before everyone condemns bigfoot forever after this latest hoax is over....(and im convinced it is a hoax)....it should be noted that there was in the past a giant ape called gigantopithecus, and it lived in regions where bigfoots are spottted. The one in the photo is a museum replica.

cheers
~lwr~

Gigantopithecus was a rival of *advertiser censored* Erectus and lived during the Pleistocene Epoch, 1.8 million to 100,000 years ago. The body and teeth of Gigantopithecus resembled a gorilla but it stood nine feet tall and weighed 600 lbs.

Gigantopithecus became extinct around 300,000 years ago, but Chinese scientists believe that some form of the beast exists as the so-called Yeti, or Abominable Snowman.
Others believe another form of Gigantopithecus exists in the Northwest United States and is called Bigfoot. It is theorized that the predecessor of man (*advertiser censored* erectus) preyed on Gigantopithecus.

giantape1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back