Kevin Spacey conned in London

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Actor Kevin Spacey, who won his first Oscar for playing a con man in a Hollywood mystery, has said he was recently duped himself by a prankster.

The actor made, then retracted, a complaint to police that he had been attacked in a London park in the early hours of Saturday while walking his dog.

But he told BBC Radio the truth was far less dramatic.

He said a young man approached him with "some sob story" about somebody needing to call their mother.

"What actually happened is, I fell for a con. It was such a good con, that I actually dialled the number myself and when somebody answered, I then finally handed (over) my phone," said Mr Spacey, who won Oscars for his role as a con artist in The Usual Suspects and as a suburban dad in American Beauty.

He said he gave chase when the youth took off with his phone, but tripped over his dog and hit his head on the ground.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1091428.htm

I think Kevin has just been outed! ITS A CELL PHONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!! Why not just let the guy have it and move on??? Maybe he wanted an excuse to come out???? Surely if he was more concerned about the publicity and word getting out that he and his dog were out for a romp, he could have just bought himself a new phone. It could be his way of trying to get it out in the open once and for all.

Gotcha Kevin. Yes of course he was cruising and he got turned over. What amazes me in this day and age is why is he so coy, it's the 21st century who cares if he is gay, I dont. The way he has handled this means that our esteemd tabloids will hound and hound him until they do find something.

I think he is a great actor and he is over here reviving British theatre almost single handed, why should his sexuality be a problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back