Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Two legendary cold-case detectives in Texas give their views on Anthony case.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,487

    Two legendary cold-case detectives in Texas give their views on Anthony case.

    Don't know if this has been posted anywhere.

    These two detectives have an outstanding record of cracking cold cases and getting perps to confess.

    Below are some snippets from this very long piece:


    Q: What does Casey Anthony's behavior suggest to you?

    A: Casey Anthony’s completely cold, matter-of-way she discusses her missing baby girl is a disturbing clue not just to any homicide detective but to any normal person. In our experience, this can only mean two things. She is extremely mentally ill, which we do not believe is the case, or she is responsible for what happened to her daughter.

    We’ve interviewed parents who killed their kids, and we’ve interviewed parents whose kids were actually kidnapped. There is a huge difference. The killer parents speak cold, calmly, matter-of-factly and are worried more about themselves more than their children. That fits Casey. The only time we've seen her cry is for herself at her bond hearing (shown right). If killer parents do appear upset, you can tell the emotions are not sincere, but in this case Casey isn’t even faking concern. Her hateful phone calls from jail with friends and family highlight her selfishness. She never once during the 13-minute phone call expresses concern for her Caylee—only anger that she had been arrested.

    snip/

    Q: What's it going to take to crack this case?

    A: We are confident the detectives in Orlando will solve this case and determine what happened to Casey. If we were questioning Casey Anthony, we would try to keep her talking about anything. She’s defensive. She has been watching the news and she knows the nation believes she is guilty. A strong-arm approach with her would shut her down and make her more defensive.

    The public might not understand this but we would approach Casey in a friendly, "we want to help you" manner. It takes incredible patience with lying suspects like Casey. The first thing you need to do in an interview is establish rapport. Confrontational methods rarely work. The key reason we’ve successfully secured so many confessions is extreme patience.

    snip/

    A homicide detective always does a background on the family. Casey’s mother’s behavior alone sets off big warning bells (pictured below smiling and running from media after visiting daughter in jail last week). She goes onto news programs and thinks she can use the public’s airwaves how she sees fit. She shows arrogance and refuses to answer questions about her own daughter’s involvement.

    We believe Casey is not a real mother. There are evil people out there and they do evil things—things that are unimaginable to most normal people. We believe the investigators will prove Casey Anthony is a beautiful, sociopathic monster.



    MUCH MUCH MORE AT LINK. VERY INFORMATIVE.

    http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/...m-kill_03.html


    OH! And be sure to read comments below the article!

    Here's one from one of the Dets:

    Detective Roger Wedgeworth said...
    Thanks to all of you who took the time to read our thoughts on the Casey Anthony Case. After watching some of the latest developments, I have a few more thoughts I wanted to add.

    Casey has had plenty of time to give self-serving information in order to help herself. Since we can't see the casefile that is being compiled, I can only assume she has not given any information that would lead to the child. This makes me believe even more she has murdered the child and disposed of the body.

    In cases like this during the initial interview with the suspect, you would attempt to play on her emotions as a mother...detailing how this baby deserves to be found and given a proper funeral. The problem with that is this mother never bonded with the child and emotionally could care less. As proven by her words and behavior, she is only concerned with her own situation. The question NOW...how would you attack Casey mentally.

    At this point the chances of getting a confession are pretty slim. My main goal would be to amass as much information as I could to pin her down on her story. I would drag every bit of information I could about...

    1. Who was she with during the time that the child was last seen and the time the child was reported missing?

    2. What was going on during that period of time?

    3. When did everything take place?

    The timeline has been too big. If recent reporting by Greta Van Susteren & her show are correct...the timeline is tightening. The grandfather says he saw Casey and Caley leave with their backbacks on June 16th. A source told Greta's show, that on June 17th Casey's cell phone records show a flurry of calls--repeated calls to family members. None of the calls were ever answered. The neighbor says soon after that Casey borrowed the shovel and backed into the driveway (he remembered seeing her back into the driveway because that was odd--she always pulled into the driveway)
    Then around June 22nd, Casey's father says his gas cans were stolen and later he found the stolen gas cans in the trunk of the car Casey had been driving (he told Greta she had tried to keep him from getting into her trunk).
    Finally, in July Cindy Anthony finds her daughter Casey and realizes her granddaughter is missing and calls 9-1-1.

    Back to the Casey interrogation...as long as she would talk, we would listen and document every lie she told us. Everything she said would be followed up on and would later be used in court. It would be tough to build a murder case against her but not impossible. I believe there is enough circumstantial evidence to get close.

    You can see the pieces starting to come together and reveal a horrific picture of what happened to little Caylee.

    MORE COMMENTS FROM THE DETS BELOW THE ARTICLE.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
    We believe the investigators will prove Casey Anthony is a beautiful, sociopathic monster.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Praying everyday for sweet Caylee...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
    If I donated any money to anyone in regards to this case, I'd donate $100 to help fly these two guys to Orlando.

  4. #4
    Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    71,850
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted anywhere.

    These two detectives have an outstanding record of cracking cold cases and getting perps to confess.

    Below are some snippets from this very long piece:


    Q: What does Casey Anthony's behavior suggest to you?

    A: Casey Anthony’s completely cold, matter-of-way she discusses her missing baby girl is a disturbing clue not just to any homicide detective but to any normal person. In our experience, this can only mean two things. She is extremely mentally ill, which we do not believe is the case, or she is responsible for what happened to her daughter.

    We’ve interviewed parents who killed their kids, and we’ve interviewed parents whose kids were actually kidnapped. There is a huge difference. The killer parents speak cold, calmly, matter-of-factly and are worried more about themselves more than their children. That fits Casey. The only time we've seen her cry is for herself at her bond hearing (shown right). If killer parents do appear upset, you can tell the emotions are not sincere, but in this case Casey isn’t even faking concern. Her hateful phone calls from jail with friends and family highlight her selfishness. She never once during the 13-minute phone call expresses concern for her Caylee—only anger that she had been arrested.

    snip/

    Q: What's it going to take to crack this case?

    A: We are confident the detectives in Orlando will solve this case and determine what happened to Casey. If we were questioning Casey Anthony, we would try to keep her talking about anything. She’s defensive. She has been watching the news and she knows the nation believes she is guilty. A strong-arm approach with her would shut her down and make her more defensive.

    The public might not understand this but we would approach Casey in a friendly, "we want to help you" manner. It takes incredible patience with lying suspects like Casey. The first thing you need to do in an interview is establish rapport. Confrontational methods rarely work. The key reason we’ve successfully secured so many confessions is extreme patience.

    snip/

    A homicide detective always does a background on the family. Casey’s mother’s behavior alone sets off big warning bells (pictured below smiling and running from media after visiting daughter in jail last week). She goes onto news programs and thinks she can use the public’s airwaves how she sees fit. She shows arrogance and refuses to answer questions about her own daughter’s involvement.

    We believe Casey is not a real mother. There are evil people out there and they do evil things—things that are unimaginable to most normal people. We believe the investigators will prove Casey Anthony is a beautiful, sociopathic monster.



    MUCH MUCH MORE AT LINK. VERY INFORMATIVE.

    http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/...m-kill_03.html

    Interesting article, thanks for posting it!
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    54
    That article gives me hope that LE WILL figure this case out. Thanks for posting it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Praying everyday for sweet Caylee...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    537
    Great article! Thanks for posting this....

    I'm with SmileyAmy, this gives me hope that we will know what happened one day!

    WHERE IS CAYLEE???

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    95
    QA,

    Thank you for posting this! I've been looking for qualified, experienced opinion on this case to help me understand and this was just what I needed!

    I, like many others, am spent emotionally. And as of this moment, I am DONE!

    I can now get back to work, socializing, Scrubs and Family Guy! Oh, and RE-DELETE FOXNEWS from my remote channel setup! Yuck!

    Best to all!

  8. #8
    Fascinating article...TY QA

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    QA,

    Thank you for posting this! I've been looking for qualified, experienced opinion on this case to help me understand and this was just what I needed!

    I, like many others, am spent emotionally. And as of this moment, I am DONE!

    I can now get back to work, socializing, Scrubs and Family Guy! Oh, and RE-DELETE FOXNEWS from my remote channel setup! Yuck!
    Best to all!
    LOL...You're welcome.


  10. #10
    From WTFV channel 9 News:

    "The Anthonys said Monday they've been getting threatening phone calls and emails and, even though they said they believe a possible threat and danger to the family is keeping Casey from telling what she knows about where Caylee is, they said they're just getting rid of the threats and not reporting them to investigators."

    I've grown tired of this case and believe the Anthony's ALL OF THEM, belong behind bars, including the father and brother. I see this case nothing more then a manipulation on behalf of the Anthony's who have drug us all into their dsyfuntional world.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,210
    I'm just assuming, but from the wording "beautiful sociopathic monsther" makes me think the Texas cold case detective may believe this was premeditated.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    329
    I believe the same as these detectives do...it sounds like Casey began obsessing about LIFE WITH TONY...sadly this life did not include Caylee. Caylee was a stumbling block in what Casey wanted...Casey doesn't have the feelings of a true mother....like these guys said..she never bonded with her child...otherwise she could have never hurt her..let alone kill her...jmo.
    I pray every night that the police will find Caylee...Caylee did nothing to deserve to be where she is at now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I'm just assuming, but from the wording "beautiful sociopathic monster" makes me think the Texas cold case detective may believe this was premeditated.
    Well, A few careful looks at the cheery, toothy, excited party girl photos (while her daughter was "missing") made me think there was certainly was absolutely no concern/remorse/worry. The detective may be onto something.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,114
    Great Article QuickAttack... very good read... describes casey to the T, doesn't it..??? keep looking for great finds like this.. helps alot to understand we aren't just putting our feelings out there to comdemn this girl without reason...




    Quote Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted anywhere.

    These two detectives have an outstanding record of cracking cold cases and getting perps to confess.

    Below are some snippets from this very long piece:


    Q: What does Casey Anthony's behavior suggest to you?

    A: Casey Anthony’s completely cold, matter-of-way she discusses her missing baby girl is a disturbing clue not just to any homicide detective but to any normal person. In our experience, this can only mean two things. She is extremely mentally ill, which we do not believe is the case, or she is responsible for what happened to her daughter.

    We’ve interviewed parents who killed their kids, and we’ve interviewed parents whose kids were actually kidnapped. There is a huge difference. The killer parents speak cold, calmly, matter-of-factly and are worried more about themselves more than their children. That fits Casey. The only time we've seen her cry is for herself at her bond hearing (shown right). If killer parents do appear upset, you can tell the emotions are not sincere, but in this case Casey isn’t even faking concern. Her hateful phone calls from jail with friends and family highlight her selfishness. She never once during the 13-minute phone call expresses concern for her Caylee—only anger that she had been arrested.

    snip/

    Q: What's it going to take to crack this case?

    A: We are confident the detectives in Orlando will solve this case and determine what happened to Casey. If we were questioning Casey Anthony, we would try to keep her talking about anything. She’s defensive. She has been watching the news and she knows the nation believes she is guilty. A strong-arm approach with her would shut her down and make her more defensive.

    The public might not understand this but we would approach Casey in a friendly, "we want to help you" manner. It takes incredible patience with lying suspects like Casey. The first thing you need to do in an interview is establish rapport. Confrontational methods rarely work. The key reason we’ve successfully secured so many confessions is extreme patience.

    snip/

    A homicide detective always does a background on the family. Casey’s mother’s behavior alone sets off big warning bells (pictured below smiling and running from media after visiting daughter in jail last week). She goes onto news programs and thinks she can use the public’s airwaves how she sees fit. She shows arrogance and refuses to answer questions about her own daughter’s involvement.

    We believe Casey is not a real mother. There are evil people out there and they do evil things—things that are unimaginable to most normal people. We believe the investigators will prove Casey Anthony is a beautiful, sociopathic monster.



    MUCH MUCH MORE AT LINK. VERY INFORMATIVE.

    http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/...m-kill_03.html


    OH! And be sure to read comments below the article!

    Here's one from one of the Dets:

    Detective Roger Wedgeworth said...
    Thanks to all of you who took the time to read our thoughts on the Casey Anthony Case. After watching some of the latest developments, I have a few more thoughts I wanted to add.

    Casey has had plenty of time to give self-serving information in order to help herself. Since we can't see the casefile that is being compiled, I can only assume she has not given any information that would lead to the child. This makes me believe even more she has murdered the child and disposed of the body.

    In cases like this during the initial interview with the suspect, you would attempt to play on her emotions as a mother...detailing how this baby deserves to be found and given a proper funeral. The problem with that is this mother never bonded with the child and emotionally could care less. As proven by her words and behavior, she is only concerned with her own situation. The question NOW...how would you attack Casey mentally.

    At this point the chances of getting a confession are pretty slim. My main goal would be to amass as much information as I could to pin her down on her story. I would drag every bit of information I could about...

    1. Who was she with during the time that the child was last seen and the time the child was reported missing?

    2. What was going on during that period of time?

    3. When did everything take place?

    The timeline has been too big. If recent reporting by Greta Van Susteren & her show are correct...the timeline is tightening. The grandfather says he saw Casey and Caley leave with their backbacks on June 16th. A source told Greta's show, that on June 17th Casey's cell phone records show a flurry of calls--repeated calls to family members. None of the calls were ever answered. The neighbor says soon after that Casey borrowed the shovel and backed into the driveway (he remembered seeing her back into the driveway because that was odd--she always pulled into the driveway)
    Then around June 22nd, Casey's father says his gas cans were stolen and later he found the stolen gas cans in the trunk of the car Casey had been driving (he told Greta she had tried to keep him from getting into her trunk).
    Finally, in July Cindy Anthony finds her daughter Casey and realizes her granddaughter is missing and calls 9-1-1.

    Back to the Casey interrogation...as long as she would talk, we would listen and document every lie she told us. Everything she said would be followed up on and would later be used in court. It would be tough to build a murder case against her but not impossible. I believe there is enough circumstantial evidence to get close.

    You can see the pieces starting to come together and reveal a horrific picture of what happened to little Caylee.

    MORE COMMENTS FROM THE DETS BELOW THE ARTICLE.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    807
    The sad part about the whole thing is that Casey could have left Caylee with Cindy and George.

    Granted they are as dysfunctional as the next family, but Caylee seemed loved by her grandparents.
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

    "Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
    If I donated any money to anyone in regards to this case, I'd donate $100 to help fly these two guys to Orlando.
    That is the best idea I've heard yet !!

  17. #17
    Fandy's Avatar
    Fandy is offline Polite & Interested Newbie, if I don't ask, I'll never know!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    northeast coastline
    Posts
    665
    I'm bumping this up because I remembered how interesting the link was. It may be interpreted as how the Padillas will handle Casey....jmho of course.
    Keeping the Litterbox Clean! (these are not my cats, they are generic~mine are much cuter)!

  18. #18
    Great article! Bump.

  19. #19
    Arwen's Avatar
    Arwen is offline Caylee is worth about 1,000,000 Casey Anthonys.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    347
    But see that is the perfect alibi and one she's already said... she didn't need to kill Caylee because her mom and dad would have taken her. She thought that through before she did it. She didn't want to be a mom at all. Caylee was a mistake; therefore she shouldn't exist and if she didn't exist, Casey could go back to having fun partying without Mom rubbing the fact that she's raising someone who shouldn't exist (in Casey's mind) for her. A totally sociopathic POV.
    Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence.
    -- Henri Frederic Amiel

    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    -- Aldous Huxley

    All opinions expressed are that... merely my opinions, thoughts, musings as it were.

  20. #20
    Great find, QA.

    TY for posting it.

  21. #21
    AWESOME link!!!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
    But see that is the perfect alibi and one she's already said... she didn't need to kill Caylee because her mom and dad would have taken her. She thought that through before she did it. She didn't want to be a mom at all. Caylee was a mistake; therefore she shouldn't exist and if she didn't exist, Casey could go back to having fun partying without Mom rubbing the fact that she's raising someone who shouldn't exist (in Casey's mind) for her. A totally sociopathic POV.
    I agree.

    If she left Caylee with her parents, it would have marked her as a failure in their eyes. And worse.... they would have been able to hold it over her head for the rest of her life.

    Caylee was an accessory that was good for attention. Caylee was also a good way for Casey to get money from her parents also.

    After a while, Caylee became more trouble than she was worth.... life was more fun without the responsibility.

    Stupid Casey just forgot to think of what would happen when people finally realized Caylee was gone. If Casey was smarter, more mature & less lazy she would have simply vanished & started a brand new life without a Caylee to tie her down. No parents, no Caylee, no LE.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,952
    I read this awhile back, was very impressed with these two detectives.
    I'll contribute to the fund to send them to Orlando... but it wouldn't do any good, they don't have any jurisdiction there. Plus, I think they are retired, am I right or wrong?

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I read this awhile back, was very impressed with these two detectives.
    I'll contribute to the fund to send them to Orlando... but it wouldn't do any good, they don't have any jurisdiction there. Plus, I think they are retired, am I right or wrong?
    You're correct, it wouldn't do them any good to come here - JB would not allow them to talk to Casey. Not being allowed to talk with Casey was the main fly in LP's ointment and he should have known better before making all his big promises. I'm sure these men would not make the same mistake, they would have done their homework.

    I haven't read the entire article, but the part that was posted was very interesting. Now I'm off to read the entire article.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I'm just assuming, but from the wording "beautiful sociopathic monsther" makes me think the Texas cold case detective may believe this was premeditated.

    I've had this same opinion this whole time. I do not believe this was an accident. I believe she murdered this child and then tried to cremate her with the stolen gas. Makes no sense to me why she stole the gas and went to another location to pour it into her tank, if she was intending on bringing the gas cans back in the first place. Now she can't lead them to the body even if it was and accident because it will make her seem like an even bigger monster if the body was charred. We will never know what happened to this child. JMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
  2. Casey Anthony
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 08:41 PM
  3. Casey Anthony VS Hacking, Peterson and others
    By SuziQ in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 07:13 AM
  4. Casey Anthony BiPolar?
    By websurfer in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 09:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •