Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here.

Look around. There is a forum on this topic/case, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies....
WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

Thanks, Christine!

OK Back to the subject of meth labs and locals. Yes, I believe FC sources are "out of loop" when it comes to the extent of drugs in the area. I have it on good authority there are major problems in and around that area. The locals could be oblivious to it because of the reasons I stated before. Some of these are the people they grew up with and tend to still trust even if they are a bit "shady". We all know those types. We don't consider them to be dangerous, but we also don't know who their connections are anymore.

I have always thought drugs/guns were part of this. I tend to think it more today because of lack of movement towards a resolve in this case. I do have to think they were strangers with local ties and the reason they can't find out any information on the shooters. I also think the local connection may be from Bryant and not from Weleetka...but may live in the Tulsa area now.

Again as far as 'shady' activity and LE. I know there was an instance a few years back in Okmulgee Co where some guys were busted for drugs, they leaked the name of who they got it from. LE bust him and he leaks another name. That name was of a Henryettan who was well known in the community with LE connections. When local LE found out his name had been leaked, they warned him to 'get the heck out of Dodge' until the situation ended. All of a sudden locals realize he's gone and a few months later, he showed back up. Again, this was a few years ago, but I'm almost certain 'shady' activity such as that would still go on.

Also, regarding the Keloughs, someone had mentioned that one of them was a Lighthorseman and had offered LE his help but was told it wasn't needed. With what I know about the Keloughs, the woman and son 'hear' shots, the ex-Lighthorseman offers 'help'. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that is all just a 'cover up'.

IMO

OK I am fed up with my internet connection today. I have been trying for hours now to upload the pictures and my service is in and out and I dont know why, but normally my service is fairly well. So much for so called Mobile Broadband huh. I am going to set the thing to upload and maybe by the time we get up in the morning they will have made it to our server.

Thanks, Christine!

OK Back to the subject of meth labs and locals. Yes, I believe FC sources are "out of loop" when it comes to the extent of drugs in the area. I have it on good authority there are major problems in and around that area. The locals could be oblivious to it because of the reasons I stated before. Some of these are the people they grew up with and tend to still trust even if they are a bit "shady". We all know those types. We don't consider them to be dangerous, but we also don't know who their connections are anymore.

I have always thought drugs/guns were part of this. I tend to think it more today because of lack of movement towards a resolve in this case. I do have to think they were strangers with local ties and the reason they can't find out any information on the shooters. I also think the local connection may be from Bryant and not from Weleetka...but may live in the Tulsa area now.

I don't consider the locals "out of the loop" at all! It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I actually lived in a small town, but I do believe everybody knows everyone's business in these communities. People talk, gossip, speculate, etc. I believe the local folks are an extremely valuable resource!!! Are you saying they have their heads buried in the sand?

I will not say that I don't believe drugs or other unlawful activities were at play in this case. These things are a part of MOST violent crimes. Still, there is a huge tangled web to work through here, based on what we have learned. I will give LE the benefit of the doubt here. If 1/2 of what we have learned here is accurate, they have their work cut out for them!

I said, "FC's sources" not the locals as a whole. Please don't take my words out of context. Her "source" claimed there was no problem with drug activity going on in the area. Now, do they have their head in the sand? I can't speak to that as I don't know why they would not recognize what actually goes on.

I don't consider the locals "out of the loop" at all! It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I actually lived in a small town, but I do believe everybody knows everyone's business in these communities. People talk, gossip, speculate, etc. I believe the local folks are an extremely valuable resource!!! Are you saying they have their heads buried in the sand?

I will not say that I don't believe drugs or other unlawful activities were at play in this case. These things are a part of MOST violent crimes. Still, there is a huge tangled web to work through here, based on what we have learned. I will give LE the benefit of the doubt here. If 1/2 of what we have learned here is accurate, they have their work cut out for them!

Thank you Fairy1
I don't feel the drug problem in Weleetka is greater than any other small town.
When the drug statistics were looked at, it was for all Okfuskee Co. and I think they added Okmulgee Co. also (the area).
We pray every second of the day these evil murderers will be found.

I said, "FC's sources" not the locals as a whole. Please don't take my words out of context. Her "source" claimed there was no problem with drug activity going on in the area. Now, do they have their head in the sand? I can't speak to that as I don't know why they would not recognize what actually goes on.

You clearly have an issue with FC - don't know why. I do not believe you know her sources personally nor why you feel the need to question them. But are you actually in WELEETKA? If not, you cannot speak to the day-to-day life there right now. I did NOT take your words out of context. You clearly have your own opinions pertaining to this case; as do we all. At this point, all positions are valid. IMO...

Thank you Fairy1
I don't feel the drug problem in Weleetka is greater than any other small town.
When the drug statistics were looked at, it was for all Okfuskee Co. and I think they added Okmulgee Co. also (the area).
We pray every second of the day these evil murderers will be found.

No worries, Sheza. Drugs - and particularly meth - is a huge problem everywhere. Doesn't mean this case did or did not have anything to do with it!

You clearly have an issue with FC - don't know why. I do not believe you know her sources personally nor why you feel the need to question them. But are you actually in WELEETKA? If not, you cannot speak to the day-to-day life there right now. I did NOT take your words out of context. You clearly have your own opinions pertaining to this case; as do we all. At this point, all positions are valid. IMO...
The problem I have is that they won't come here and speak for themselves plus I find them to be inaccurate in what they are saying "through" FC. How can we question them?! No, I don't know her "sources" personally and would love to "question" them...but we will never get that chance.

Yes, we all do have opinions and they are all welcome here. I have every right to disagree with them. We have been on this roller coaster ride of weird theories for weeks going into months now. Are we any further than we were the day the girls were murdered? No. Do we need to figure out why? Yes. It means we have not been on the right path to find the real answers and neither has LE that we can tell. So after the wild goose chases...we do need to start over and go with our first gut reactions. Mine was the drug/gun dealer theory.

The problem I have is that they won't come here and speak for themselves plus I find them to be inaccurate in what they are saying "through" FC. How can we question them?! No, I don't know her "sources" personally and would love to "question" them...but we will never get that chance.

Yes, we all do have opinions and they are all welcome here. I have every right to disagree with them. We have been on this roller coaster ride of weird theories for weeks going into months now. Are we any further than we were the day the girls were murdered? No. Do we need to figure out why? Yes. It means we have not been on the right path to find the real answers and neither has LE that we can tell. So after the wild goose chases...we do need to start over and go with our first gut reactions. Mine was the drug/gun dealer theory.

We are discussing VERY SMALL COMMUNITIES here. If members of those communities are hesitant or afraid to come here and speak their minds, I respect and understand that. By the same token, I am grateful to those who do come here!

Of course you have a right to disagree with the opinions of others. But, at this point, it is still completely open to speculation - from our perspective.
We DO NOT KNOW what LE knows and until they divulge more details, we all can only speculate. As I've said, there are many players in these families who may be connected....or not. We just don't know. I am not willing to shoot down any possible scenario until we know more and I do not wish to make anyone feel stupid for their opinions. I, personally, am grateful for ALL of the input on this board.

I have not called or intimated that anyone is "stupid" here. I welcome the input of the locals! I think it is great they have joined us on this case. Speak up!! Everyone is welcome!

If you find FC source inaccurate, you are welcome to ask me I've lived in Weleetka all my life maybe I can help. You can question me.

Well after spending most of the day thinking something was wrong with our internet we just found out a little while ago it is not our internet, but a problem with our server in which I was trying to upload these pictures to. So I have uploaded them to my photobucket. Here is the link to that album http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v397/mstweety/WeleetkaOklahoma/
Thanks, C2cd! I was glad to hear they at least had a poster up, but I do have to question why the POI's poster wasn't there, too?! HE is the person they need to find!! HIS FACE needs to be out everywhere!! The photos are great!

I said from early on that they should check out every gas station from every direction with the sketch of the perp and description of that truck to determine if he had been there either before or after the murders. It would make sense for him to have been at one of those at some point during that Sunday, imo.

Well after spending most of the day thinking something was wrong with our internet we just found out a little while ago it is not our internet, but a problem with our server in which I was trying to upload these pictures to. So I have uploaded them to my photobucket. Here is the link to that album http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v397/mstweety/WeleetkaOklahoma/

Thanks for the photos. I remember someone saying something about that Kellogg's Restaurant when I had picked up on Poptarts.

Sorry, my source has his good reasons for NOT being identified or posting here - he isn't willing to risk his job (or his family) so he can placate a few posters here who want to "question" him. His information has been good (as to what was presented as FACT) - otherwise he is merely passing along information from the area and from his personal interactions with LE as someone living fairly close to the crime scene.

People can choose to believe or disbelieve ANYTHING. My source says meth/drugs have NOT been a problem in the immediate area of the crime scene. Much more in other areas and on more isolated properties on tribal lands (which Tribal LE is responsible for). At this time, the crime scene area has a quite heavy presence of LE from both the ground and the air. LE has not found any indication of a nearby meth lab, pot field, or drug house. The section of the road the girls were killed on is fairly heavily traveled - it is part of the fastest route between outlying areas including rural Graham/Bryant to US 75. LE does not see it being a good location for anyone attempting to "hide" their activities from passers-by or LE. And LE does patrol many of these rural areas by helicopter using night scopes, heat detection and infrared devices - looking for drugs, meth labs, pot growers etc.

According to those who have spoken directly with members of Local LE and the OSBI - the investigators presently do not see drugs being a component of this particular crime. They are looking at several possible motives and triggers - but have pretty much eliminated the sexual assault and drug related ones, based on what they currently know. And LE is in constant investigation mode, they are knocking on doors and talking to people who live near the crime scene and are asking THEM to make them aware of any questionable activities or issues they feel might have releveance to the crime. Skyla's GP's, The Farrows work at the Farm up the road from the crime scene DAILY - I think we can assume THEY are in constant investigation mode and would report even the SMALLEST thing they saw or heard to LE.

I developed my own source for this crime because I wanted to find someone I could TRUST and who might be in a position to "know" what is going on both locally and with the investigation. People can choose whether the are interested in my information or not, I have been very clear why I cannot ID my source and when I give info I clearly state whether it should be considered a rumor or fact. I am an Oklahoma Girl and I spent most of my life in OK and I have multiple family members who live there - in both rural and urban areas. This is the 1st time I have ever had the connections to get inside info on a crime and I am going to keep passing along what I find out. The person I am dealing with is never going to go on TV, speak to the media or join a crime solving forum or post on any forum on associated subjects or be ID'd on one. I made a promise and I will keep it and everyone here can believe or discount anything I post.

My Opinion

C2 thanks for the photos.
Is that the little cafe that Uncle Joe was supposedly yapping at the night of the murders? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627