Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Quote Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
    Here you go. July 27th article.

Last week, the OSBI released part of the 911 call reporting the slayings in the hope that someone with information about the case would hear it and come forward.

Mosher said the 911 call was made by his sister, Vicky Placker, Taylor's mother.

"When I heard it, it shocked me," he said. "I was at work, and it turned my stomach to hear it. I had to go home."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/common/pri...1_hWELEE443106

If Mosher was at the house, when Vicky and Peter got home, wouldnt he have personally been there to hear the 911 call? Maybe he was just laid back watching TV when Peter went out to find the girls, and later Vicky followed? I have never totally understood how these calls actually happened and who was where.
    Maybe when he heard it (again?) later, it was a reminder and more than he could handle in his mind, thus had to get home.

In Memory of Skyla and Taylor, BFF.
    "Keep the Faith!"
    As we take this journey together, may we all find peace at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
    BUT...... If an adult was at the house prior to the girls going for walk & him asking them to do an errand why would they call Peter & Vicky and ask if they could walk to bridge then say please , please ( from the people article I think) They could have just said Uncle Joe is here we will be ok
    Perhaps Uncle Joe was not there earlier - he was just heading to their house at 5PM.

I don't know, just guessing. I'm curious also if he did show up at 5PM, was he coming from - home, a bar, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by frogjustfrog View Post
    If Mosher was at the house, when Vicky and Peter got home, wouldnt he have personally been there to hear the 911 call? Maybe he was just laid back watching TV when Peter went out to find the girls, and later Vicky followed? I have never totally understood how these calls actually happened and who was where.
    Frog, maybe Joe was or was not there right when Vicky made the call. But if he's not telling the media he was there, perhaps they called him for his reaction after 911 tape was released so he said what he said to the reporter. And perhaps he was truly sickened/shocked again when he heard it from tape.

And that was one of the reasonse they released the tape, yes? Hoping someone with a conscious would hear and come forward?

Not saying he was directly involved but...

Who told us or how did we find out Uncle Joe was at the house? Just because he was at crime scene does not mean he was a Placker house when It happen right.
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Who told us or how did we find out Uncle Joe was at the house? Just because he was at crime scene does not mean he was a Placker house when It happen right.
    GetSmart, it's from FC's local source:

5 PM (est) Joe Mosher passed the girls (and the POI) on County Line Road - the girls were walking toward home.

5:20-5:30 GMa and GPa Placker arrive home - probably with the small child heard on the 911 tape - GPa talks to Joe Mosher who says he just saw the girls walking home - after checking the house and property GPa Placker starts walking N on County Line Road to get the girls to come home.

Post #112: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...t=68950&page=5

cloudajo
    5 PM (est) Joe Mosher passed the girls (and the POI) on County Line Road - the girls were walking toward home.

Thanks cloudajo.. That is what I was thinking .. he passed them but no word he was at at house for any length of time to set up some deal for them to deliver. I really don't think that was the case.
    Jaycee Dugard

Little, which Oklahoma newspaper and do you have an email address handy or did you send via website?

TIA.
    I emailed the cold case dept.

www.coldcase@oklahoman.com

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    I emailed the cold case dept.

www.coldcase@oklahoman.com
    Little, thanks. I just sent an email to two state reporters too - Julie Bisbee and Johnny Johnson (listed on website).

jjohnson@oklahoman.com
    jbisbee@oklahoman.com

I don't the was at the house.

His name wasn't mentioned through all the interviews about being there, and he wasn't at the crime scene, or wasn't mentioned.

Maybe when he heard it (again?) later, it was a reminder and more than he could handle in his mind, thus had to get home.
    I'm happy you found that Cloud, I was talking about that interview eariler, you are a good investigator.

Talking

GetSmart, it's from FC's local source:

5:20-5:30 GMa and GPa Placker arrive home - probably with the small child heard on the 911 tape - GPa talks to Joe Mosher who says he just saw the girls walking home - after checking the house and property GPa Placker starts walking N on County Line Road to get the girls to come home.

Post #112: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...t=68950&page=5
    Yes, I remember reading that, I just had not heard about Joe being there, I go back and remember Claudia and Jim, Rose, Peter holding Rose back, I don't recall Joe being placed at the crime scene. What about you Cloud?

In the last, now locked thread FC had mentioned Crystal Kelough and Tavis Southern as possibably being married. I don't know if they've married since last year, but they did have a child together.

• February 9, 2007

SouthCrest Hospital
      Shawna Dicus, boy.
      Jessica Stamper and Brandon Huffman,
      boy.
      Hope and Tarrell Knauls, boy.
      Mollie and Darin Mann, girl.
      Danielle and Travis Powers, girl.
      Crystal Kelough and Tavis Southern, boy.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2007/Final/W_020907_a_15.PDF

If Joe Mosher did see the girls at 5:00 pm I do not think it would be any big secret. The new time line posted by FC changes everything as well as it doesnt match up with any of the media or the few LE reports we have been given. Really makes me wonder if LE is trying to mislead everyone? Just makes no sense to me why LE would try and throw people off from the few facts they do know about what happened, such as times, who was there at the scene etc. If Joe Mosher did indeed take a lie detector test before the POI info was released to verify he saw POI and the girls, then obviously he isnt the killer or it would of been discovered right then and there in addition I would think during the lie detector test he would of been asked if he knew the identity of the POI he was describing so just doesnt fit that he was involved at all.

I have listened to that 911 tape over and over and to me it doesnt sound like a young child in the background it sounds like an older person yelling from a distance. If Peters 911 call would not go, does Rose show up, before 911 is called? Rose calls Claudia around 5:20 or so she is just minutes away from the scene does she show up before 911 is called? Yet it has been reported that Claudia shows up after the girls have been covered, and 911 isnt called until 5:40 IIRC. So what still bugs me is what happened in that 20 minutes before the 911 call went through.

So many questions, so few answers.

Quote Thread

Missing Sarah
    I'm happy you found that Cloud, I was talking about that interview eariler, you are a good investigator.

I had orginaly posted the link to this in the media thread on 7-21

This is just a reminder that we have a thread on media for research 3 pages worth now..I also just noticed a new thread for Quotes by Family, OSBI & LE. Thanks everyone.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=66462&page=2
    Jaycee Dugard

The quickest way to get to the scene would depend on where you are coming from. If coming from Okemah, it would probably be the south entrance off of 75. If coming from Henryetta, it would probably be from Bryant Road. If coming from Weleetka, it would probably be coming from the south.
    I think it would be a good idea for everyone to go to mapquest, then to Bryant, then to the scene and look at the arial view in able to get a real FEEL of the layout and the roads used.

IIRC the tower directed the call to Henryetta, Okmulgee County dispatcher is who handles where all the 911 calls went. And I heard, and we have seen it posted on here, that Okmulgee County was the first to arrive on the scene. I am trusting this information, but I cant prove it to be factual, just that the source is close" in the know", and wouldnt lie. Now whether or not Weleetka police actually got there first, I am a little confused about, but can find out. I will work on this, but it may take til Monday to get the calls thru.
    I guess it would depend on where Joe lives and which would be the shortest route between his house and the Plackers.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

snipped quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
    If Joe Mosher did see the girls at 5:00 pm I do not think it would be any big secret.
    I agree Busy.

In this Video taken on 6-16-08 Mr. Rosser says the girls left the house around 4:30 PM.

In the first part of the Video, Manny Gamallo from TulsWorld says the LE are not releasing the name of the person who gave them the POI identification, or accounting of what they saw.

IMO, if it had been Joe Mosher who gave this report it wouldn't have been a big secret as he was seen on several Video interviews after the crime and wasn't hiding from the media.
    http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingForm at=FLASH&referralObject=1503265&referralPlaylistId =949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b0c12f2749

Frog, maybe Joe was or was not there right when Vicky made the call. But if he's not telling the media he was there, perhaps they called him for his reaction after 911 tape was released so he said what he said to the reporter. And perhaps he was truly sickened/shocked again when he heard it from tape.

And that was one of the reasonse they released the tape, yes? Hoping someone with a conscious would hear and come forward?

Not saying he was directly involved but...

Sigh, I need a break. I thought I was doing ok, relating things that run across my mind, questions in my mind. But it appears that people think I am pointing fingers.
    I guess I just dont know how to post. I am better to go back and just read. But I do want it known, that I dont have any clue to what happened, and when I post, I am just posting "What if's) which I thought I was being clear about.
    I am confused, ipset, and apparently not writing what I am trying to write.... I guess.

I now have a local who can keep me in the know. I will ne near. Reading.

In Memory of Skyla and Taylor, BFF.
    "Keep the Faith!"
    As we take this journey together, may we all find peace at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    In the last, now locked thread FC had mentioned Crystal Kelough and Tavis Southern as possibably being married. I don't know if they've married since last year, but they did have a child together.

• February 9, 2007

SouthCrest Hospital
      Shawna Dicus, boy.
      Jessica Stamper and Brandon Huffman,
      boy.
      Hope and Tarrell Knauls, boy.
      Mollie and Darin Mann, girl.
      Danielle and Travis Powers, girl.
      Crystal Kelough and Tavis Southern, boy.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2007/Final/W_020907_a_15.PDF
    Yeah, I seen her with that baby last summer. I didn't know who she was married to. Good job

Sigh, I need a break. I thought I was doing ok, relating things that run across my mind, questions in my mind. But it appears that people think I am pointing fingers.
    I guess I just dont know how to post. I am better to go back and just read. But I do want it known, that I dont have any clue to what happened, and when I post, I am just posting "What if's) which I thought I was being clear about.
    I am confused, ipset, and apparently not writing what I am trying to write.... I guess.

I now have a local who can keep me in the know. I will ne near. Reading.
    Now Froggy...don't you be going back and hiding under that rock. We need your input!

SOMEONE did this to those little girls! It may just be someone we have pointed at .

I did not take your post like you were pointing fingers Frog not at all. Please post your insight is needed. I enjoy your post
    Jaycee Dugard

Trying to cope

Ok I as re-reading this article interview by Joe.. interesting..
    I was trying to read this ...I don't know like it was the first time I had seen it. Hoping I could read something with a different outlook I guess.

Posted by Miss Holmes
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66462

Trying to cope

Joe Mosher, an uncle of Taylor, said the two families are still trying to cope with the death of the two girls.

"It's pretty tough for them. We're still trying to find out what happened, because this is tragic — just so tragic," Mosher said. "From what information we've received so far, I got a call from North Carolina of all places, saying there was two guns involved and maybe three people.

"Both families are having a very hard time, really. The people in the community, especially, have done wonders. They have all pulled together and they're helping these families and we appreciate that so much. They are doing a great job of taking care of these families."

One of Taylor's thrills, Mosher said, was rescuing turtles that she found in the road near her home.

"She would take a black magic marker with her and write her name on them then turn them lose. She would rescue them off the highway, roads and such, and bring them out here and turn them loose," he said. "She loved it out here, she totally loved it out here. She loved animals, and had her own horse up here. She had dogs, cats; she loved animals. She was a very bright girl."

Mosher said Taylor had been home-schooled until she moved to Weleetka, where she attended Graham School, a system of about 100 students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade.

"They moved from Oklahoma City to get away from the violence," he said. "The violence in Oklahoma City is just outrageous so they moved out here to get away from it. And now this happens."

Mosher said Taylor and Skyla were the best of friends, almost inseparable. Taylor would always talk about how Skyla was her best friend and the things they did together, he said.

"They loved each other. Usually, if you saw them out here, they were both together," Mosher said. "One weekend they would be at Taylor's house, the next weekend they would be at Skyla's house."

Mosher said the families have laid their trust in the hands of the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Department and the OSBI to find the killers.

"We all understand that there's only certain information they can release and it's best to release it all at once," he said. "They're doing a good job, and we appreciate that. I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet, but there will be. It might take a little bit but whoever it was, will be caught.

"It's just a really sad thing that this happened and they'll pay their dues; they will pay their dues. Everybody asks if I want to hurt these people. No, I don't want to hurt these people. The people in prison will hurt these people. When these people are caught and they go to prison, that's the end of it. They will pay their dues in prison."

'Sad situation'

Mosher said he believes the killers are from the area because the location was in such a remote area and only someone who lived near Weleetka or in Okfuskee County would know about it.

"It had to have been somebody from this area. Nobody is going to come off the freeway or highway and find this area and be able to get out of here quickly. I think it's somebody in the community who did it and I really feel sorry for them, not only for what they've done to our families, but what they've done to the community," he said. "This community is in shock; they don't know what to think. They don't let their children out by themselves now. At nighttime, you're not going to find a child; everybody is locking their doors at night now. It's a sad situation."

Mosher hopes that once the suspects in the girls' murders are caught, the families and the community might be able to heal. But things will never be the same again, he said.

"It'll take a while. If they get caught today, it's not going to go back tomorrow to the way it used to be. It will never be exactly like it used to be, because people see that this type of crime can happen out here," he said.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_hOSBIs543824
    Jaycee Dugard

Ok I as re-reading this article interview by Joe.. interesting..
    I was trying to read this ...I don't know like it was the first time I had seen it. Hoping I could read something with a different outlook I guess.

Posted by Miss Holmes
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66462

Trying to cope

Joe Mosher, an uncle of Taylor, said the two families are still trying to cope with the death of the two girls.

"It's pretty tough for them. We're still trying to find out what happened, because this is tragic just so tragic," Mosher said. "From what information we've received so far, I got a call from North Carolina of all places, saying there was two guns involved and maybe three people.

"Both families are having a very hard time, really. The people in the community, especially, have done wonders. They have all pulled together and they're helping these families and we appreciate that so much. They are doing a great job of taking care of these families."

One of Taylor's thrills, Mosher said, was rescuing turtles that she found in the road near her home.

"She would take a black magic marker with her and write her name on them then turn them lose. She would rescue them off the highway, roads and such, and bring them out here and turn them loose," he said. "She loved it out here, she totally loved it out here. She loved animals, and had her own horse up here. She had dogs, cats; she loved animals. She was a very bright girl."

Mosher said Taylor had been home-schooled until she moved to Weleetka, where she attended Graham School, a system of about 100 students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade.

"They moved from Oklahoma City to get away from the violence," he said. "The violence in Oklahoma City is just outrageous so they moved out here to get away from it. And now this happens."

Mosher said Taylor and Skyla were the best of friends, almost inseparable. Taylor would always talk about how Skyla was her best friend and the things they did together, he said.

"They loved each other. Usually, if you saw them out here, they were both together," Mosher said. "One weekend they would be at Taylor's house, the next weekend they would be at Skyla's house."

Mosher said the families have laid their trust in the hands of the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Department and the OSBI to find the killers.

"We all understand that there's only certain information they can release and it's best to release it all at once," he said. "They're doing a good job, and we appreciate that. I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet, but there will be. It might take a little bit but whoever it was, will be caught.

"It's just a really sad thing that this happened and they'll pay their dues; they will pay their dues. Everybody asks if I want to hurt these people. No, I don't want to hurt these people. The people in prison will hurt these people. When these people are caught and they go to prison, that's the end of it. They will pay their dues in prison."

'Sad situation'

Mosher said he believes the killers are from the area because the location was in such a remote area and only someone who lived near Weleetka or in Okfuskee County would know about it.

"It had to have been somebody from this area. Nobody is going to come off the freeway or highway and find this area and be able to get out of here quickly. I think it's somebody in the community who did it and I really feel sorry for them, not only for what they've done to our families, but what they've done to the community," he said. "This community is in shock; they don't know what to think. They don't let their children out by themselves now. At nighttime, you're not going to find a child; everybody is locking their doors at night now. It's a sad situation."

Mosher hopes that once the suspects in the girls' murders are caught, the families and the community might be able to heal. But things will never be the same again, he said.

"It'll take a while. If they get caught today, it's not going to go back tomorrow to the way it used to be. It will never be exactly like it used to be, because people see that this type of crime can happen out here," he said.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_hOSBIs543824
    GS, I do that, too. Re-reading something brings different insight.

Thank you SS, that's too bad. Still though, in agreement with you and Cloud, there HAS to be more to go on than a "white truck with OK plates."
    Old truck, new truck, any identifying marks (rust, decals, bumper stickers, etc.). SOMETHING.

I thought I heard somewhere that it was a crew cab/extended cab, but I might be wrong.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    In OK, the Department of Motor Vehicles Division doesn't work that way. There are no colors listed on the databases as they can be subject to change. You can only pull a vehicle up by the vehicle identification number, license plate number, or decal number.

That has always bothered me, too, Cloudajo. There is absolutely NO reason not to release the year of the truck! There are many things they could release to garner more information in this case. There is such a thing as playing a case far too close to the vest and losing valuable information as well as time. They lose the opportunity and advantage of memories when they wait only to release small, insignificant tid bits out to the public. It is a shame they can't see the larger picture and get tied into that mentality of LE being the only people who should know these things.

Great job, C2~ Thanks for risking your physical health by pigging out for us! LOL (Wish I could have joined you as it sounds delicious!) I can see Joe being angry, but it is odd to me that he would go there instead of to be with family at such a time. Makes me wonder if he wasn't there with some people from LE or something.

Thanks, Sheza! The artist did mention the description was compiled from several witnesses. So let me get this straight...they did lie detectors on them before providing the descriptions?!

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardPlayer View Post
    Thank you SS, that's too bad. Still though, in agreement with you and Cloud, there HAS to be more to go on than a "white truck with OK plates."
    Old truck, new truck, any identifying marks (rust, decals, bumper stickers, etc.). SOMETHING.

I thought I heard somewhere that it was a crew cab/extended cab, but I might be wrong.

Cheers!
    I really think they are keeping it more generic on the truck because OSBI wants people to concentrate more on the POI than the white truck, which long ago could have been sunk in some lake somewhere, etc. Since they don't know the exact make and model.... by putting a year range out there would weigh them down with running down every white truck in OK. Ford and Chevy are as common as seeing the sky every morning and "white" is the color of most trucks on the road. They would be overwhelmed with calls on everyone that drove a white Ford or Chevy truck.

Imo, someone knows this POI very well and they also know he drives a white 150 style Ford or Chevy. They are either hiding him out and the truck or they are too scared to come forward.

I remember it took around 10-12 years before the woman that knew who had murdered Lita Sullivan to come forward. She was the girlfriend of the hit man paid by James Sullivan to murder Lita. The only reason she came forward then was because she was no longer with him.

I certainly hope that this will not be the case here and someone will speak up sooner than later.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast