Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Remember the statement was an opinion of the person I spoke with. The place of business can only display what they are provided which was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but linguistically speaking, if you don't want to consider information from this kind of source, then you can only go by info from posters.

What if you just stated your opinions about various information without targeting specific people here? You could still think that drugs were involved, for example.

That just seems like the more civil way to proceed.

(oh yeah--my opinion )

It's very hard for those who've followed cases on other Forums here at WS to go on hearsay, rumor, or second hand information.

It doesn't mean they aren't factual, but rather without verification and should be taken as such. Sometimes a rumor morphs into what will go on the Internet as fact when someone researches.

Everyone has a right to dispute information that hasn't been backed up by the source by a poster. That's what we do here at Websleuths, dispute and discuss what our take is regarding what's posted.

This thought just came to mind - I am relatively new to this so it may have been posted before - if so, please forgive me. Regarding the DNA testing - is it possible they could use the new 'touch dna' that has been a recently used technique - wouldn't the shooter have had to 'touch' the bullets in order to load them into the gun in the first place? It's just a thought - wishful thinking maybe on my part.

I have no idea if that type of DNA would remain on the bullet after being shot through the gun. Perhaps some of you would know if it is at all possible??

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Fan View Post
    I have no idea if that type of DNA would remain on the bullet after being shot through the gun. Perhaps some of you would know if it is at all possible??
    There are two parts to a bullet, the casing and the cartridge. The casing doesn't pass through the barrel. Prints can be lifted off the casings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    There are two parts to a bullet, the casing and the cartridge. The casing doesn't pass through the barrel. Prints can be lifted off the casings.

From what I have read in the past it is difficult to get fingerprints off of casings due to the very slick, smooth surface. However I have heard of a new technique that the British are using and usually they are the first to devise such new testing like they were the first ones to use DNA testing.

This links talks about it some.

http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/E88FD2...-DB20445FB39B/
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

It's very hard for those who've followed cases on other Forums here at WS to go on hearsay, rumor, or second hand information.

It doesn't mean they aren't factual, but rather without verification and should be taken as such. Sometimes a rumor morphs into what will go on the Internet as fact when someone researches.

Everyone has a right to dispute information that hasn't been backed up by the source by a poster. That's what we do here at Websleuths, dispute and discuss what our take is regarding what's posted.
    But a trap catches more when it is baited with something sweet rather than something sour and distasteful. Constantly harping about what people are posting is sour and distasteful. It drives people away from the case and the forum.

The fact the Plackers may not have been home that afternoon is a good example. As far as I know that is just a rumor but it is a biggie. It is hard to discuss it to get it beyond the rumor stage if the people who brought it to the forum are chased and beaten.

Albert, I think establishing whether or not the Plackers were or were not at home when the girls left for their walk is VERY important. I still remember when Peter Placker said at the site of the bodies, "THEY can't hurt me anymore than THEY already have". Did he know who THEY were? The Plackers may know who killed the girls if the shooter/shooters were out to get to them in some way. The Plackers moving so quickly after the shootings makes me think they might be running scared.

I'd also like to know whether Taylor, Vicky and Peter each had their own cell phone. Sometime families share them. At first people were saying Peter used Taylor's phone to make the 911 call. If he had a cell phone of his own, wouldn't he have used that? Didn't the Plackers say that they called Taylor and couldn't get an answer on her cell phone. Did they use a land line, Vicky's cell phone or Peter's cell phone? Did they have a land line?

I still keep going back to the fact that no one at the Placker house (if anyone was home)
    heard the shots from only a half mile away.

The time frame from when the girls left the house and when Peter says he discovered the bodies is only about 30 or 45 minutes. How long does it take blood to coagulate after being shot?

Now if no one was home, it's a whole different scenario. No one would know for sure when the girls left.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    But a trap catches more when it is baited with something sweet rather than something sour and distasteful. Constantly harping about what people are posting is sour and distasteful. It drives people away from the case and the forum.

The fact the Plackers may not have been home that afternoon is a good example. As far as I know that is just a rumor but it is a biggie. It is hard to discuss it to get it beyond the rumor stage if the people who brought it to the forum are chased and beaten.

KEYBOARDPLAYER; I haven't heard of those BFF skyla/taylor bracelets. I would like to have one too.
    I just called the school district - too late. Closed for the day. Will try tomorrow.

If the casings have prints, why hasn't OSBI been able to identify the killer(s)? It's difficult to believe they wouldn't already have a criminal background and already be printed.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardPlayer View Post
    Hi all, longtime reader, "every-now-and-then" contributor... Does anyone know if it is possible to get one of those "In Memory -- BFF" wrist bands for Taylor and Skyla? I know they were giving them out at their school, but I didn't know if I could get one... I want to wear it until they find the !@#$$@!%^%$! who did this to them. Thanks!
    Maybe if you called them you could find out if they had extras after giving them out to the students, or you could email them.
    http://www.graham.k12.ok.us/

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    If the casings have prints, why hasn't OSBI been able to identify the killer(s)? It's difficult to believe they wouldn't already have a criminal background and already be printed.
    TMK, no info. has been released on what they have in the way of evidence, or DNA or to what forencic lab it would been sent to???

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    However I have heard of a new technique that the British are using and usually they are the first to devise such new testing like they were the first ones to use DNA testing.
    I have read about this new technology and I assume it is legit. It basically says if you touch a bullet casing with your bare fingers they can get your fingerprint even if you wipe the bullets clean. Since they have more than a couple casings they should be able to get a print off one of them.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Now if no one was home, it's a whole different scenario. No one would know for sure when the girls left.
    I don't see how it would hurt the investigation to tell people who talked to the girls last, who in the family saw them alive last and at what time, who was home that afternoon, and if the Plackers weren't home then where were they and what time did they leave.

I assume if somebody knows something and they haven't called LE it is because they are scared, don't trust LE, or don't care. I assume it is probably a combination of the first two. It is very hard to encourage someone to come forward if LE has no dialog with the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    I have read about this new technology and I assume it is legit. It basically says if you touch a bullet casing with your bare fingers they can get your fingerprint even if you wipe the bullets clean. Since they have more than a couple casings they should be able to get a print off one of them.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    I'm not holding my breath either.

In view of the fact that the crime scene wasn't photographed, tire tracks cast (if they were) and other evidence obtained until it was dark leaves me with doubts as to what may have been missed.

Mix that with rain that followed, road grading, bringing in a dog days later after the road had been traveled & trampled leaves me with further doubts as to viable evidence.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast