Thoughts about Jose Baez investigators

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
Who/what do you think they are investigating?

Tony
Jesse
Amy
The house in Oveida.
Leads in other states
Other ZG's

Sometimes it helps to think like the defense. Obviously they would be investigating leads that would provide reasonable doubt or things that are positvie for Casey.

I would hope they're doing the pizza experiment; both cooked and uncooked.

Who/what do you think they are investigating?

Tony
Jesse
Amy
The house in Oveida.
Leads in other states
Other ZG's

Sometimes it helps to think like the defense. Obviously they would be investigating leads that would provide reasonable doubt or things that are positvie for Casey.

they are trying to muddy the future jury...
btw is Oviedo :)

What does an ambitious defense attorney do when his own investigators return, after weeks of utilizing every source available to them, empty handed?

"Mr. Baez, sir, we have been unable to find any information about the nanny, her identity, her address, her work history, education, etc...., based on the details provided by Ms. Anthony."

Would/could they surmise that Casey had been duped by an agent of an international baby napping ring?

Many Sleuther's have been asking the question of why Mr. Baez would allow his client to be bonded out and placed in the hands of Leonard Padilla.

During Mr. Padilla's interview with Nancy Grace, I believe he made a comment to the effect of, the nanny could have sold Caylee, as a child of Caylee's age and beauty would be very valuable.

In order to have a convincing premise of nefarious involvement, who better to allege this scenario than a world famous bounty hunter. After questioning Casey and utilizing every one of his investigative sources, could/would he be able to testify to the fact that all his leads pointed in the direction of an abduction by some international ring?

Law enforcement agencies around the world know of the existence of these rings, but have had limited success in investigating and prosecuting such activities. Mr. Padilla may then be able to profess his belief that this occurred, but was unable to track the perpetrators due to their secretiveness and perhaps some form of governmental corruption. Thus providing Mr. Baez with an alternative explanation of Caylees disappearance and therefore, reasonable doubt.

This is just my theory on WHY Mr. Baez would place his client with Mr. Padilla.

Yes, I know that there is likely evidence that will disprove this theory of mine.

I'm just saying, he has to have some plausible explanation to influence the jury toward a reasonable doubt.

Please note, It is not my intent to cast any aspersions toward Mr. Padilla, I'm just searching for possible reasons too!!!

Thanks for listening to my idea!

I would hope they're doing the pizza experiment; both cooked and uncooked.

LOL did you see that reporter in Orlando that did the pizza experiment early on in the case? I was laughing so hard when they found that it didn't smell AT ALL. :rolleyes:

Mexico

Puerto Rico

plus all over the world
I thought it was?
but if it isn't...
I doubt that dragging that big billboard around is going to jog anybody's memories if it has n't so far/

What does an ambitious defense attorney do when his own investigators return, after weeks of utilizing every source available to them, empty handed?

"Mr. Baez, sir, we have been unable to find any information about the nanny, her identity, her address, her work history, education, etc...., based on the details provided by Ms. Anthony."

Would/could they surmise that Casey had been duped by an agent of an international baby napping ring?

Many Sleuther's have been asking the question of why Mr. Baez would allow his client to be bonded out and placed in the hands of Leonard Padilla.

During Mr. Padilla's interview with Nancy Grace, I believe he made a comment to the effect of, the nanny could have sold Caylee, as a child of Caylee's age and beauty would be very valuable.

In order to have a convincing premise of nefarious involvement, who better to allege this scenario than a world famous bounty hunter. After questioning Casey and utilizing every one of his investigative sources, could/would he be able to testify to the fact that all his leads pointed in the direction of an abduction by some international ring?

Law enforcement agencies around the world know of the existence of these rings, but have had limited success in investigating and prosecuting such activities. Mr. Padilla may then be able to profess his belief that this occurred, but was unable to track the perpetrators due to their secretiveness and perhaps some form of governmental corruption. Thus providing Mr. Baez with an alternative explanation of Caylees disappearance and therefore, reasonable doubt.

This is just my theory on WHY Mr. Baez would place his client with Mr. Padilla.

Yes, I know that there is likely evidence that will disprove this theory of mine.

I'm just saying, he has to have some plausible explanation to influence the jury toward a reasonable doubt.

Please note, It is not my intent to cast any aspersions toward Mr. Padilla, I'm just searching for possible reasons too!!!

Thanks for listening to my idea!

He needs to be objective.
Not totally believing everything Casey tells him.
He needs to step back a bit.
Analyze.

Question.

HE can not defend a person who does not trust him can he?

Analyze.

Question.

The first thing they tell you in law school is "never believe what your client tells you." Immediately after this they tell you "You must represent your client zealously."

That being said, he knows she is a liar, but his job is to do whatever he can (that is not unethical or illegal) to disprove the evidence that the prosecution has so that there will be reasonable doubt. Should he step back and be objective, he would be compromising his defense, if I am understanding your statement. If she gets convicted because of he has not done his job properly, the conviction can be reversed on appeal (unless it was a harmless error and she would have been convicted anyway).

The PI's he has working for him...I hope that they are not stomping around in the woods looking for a body. This would likely kill his defense--no body, no way to prove Caylee was murdered. They can prosecute without a body (based on the decomp evidence if it is Caylee's) but a body would kill his defense, because he can claim that she died accidently.

Likely, they are doing interviews and collecting statements so they can use it in her defense. Which, they should completely be doing if it will help her case.

Yes he can rep someone that doesn't trust him. She is ultimately in charge of her case. She can fire him and hire a new atty or have the court appoint her an atty.

Analyze.

Question.

Websurfer, I agree with your thoughts. As to your last question.........

It is Mr. Baez's job to defend his client. He will do his best to defend her civil rights and provide evidence and testamony to uphold what ever explanation he comes up with to refute his clients culpability for the charges against her. He will also do his darnedest to disprove or disallow evidence brought forth by the state.

It may not really be an issue to him whether his client trusts him. He will do his job.

Defense lawyers do it all the time. Their job is to provide a competent defense, as in to the best of their ability with the information they have. Guilt or innocence doesn't matter, as long as they do their job correctly. They don't want an appeal of the case based on incompetent defense.

Clockwatcher, you are absolutely correct. He is building a defense, a defense against circumstantial evidence, by creating reasonable doubt. Yes, it's all about smoke and mirrors.

Clockwatcher, you are absolutely correct. He is building a defense, a defense against circumstantial evidence, by creating reasonable doubt. Yes, it's all about smoke and mirrors.

Amen to that Distracted!

But I simply don't understand how ANY lawyer can explain Casey's party pictures and not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days--and ONLY because her mother called 911...otherwise she would've continued to stay silent. WHAT "legitimate" reason could she have?

As my tag line says...Actions speak louder than words.

But I simply don't understand how ANY lawyer can explain Casey's party pictures and not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days--and ONLY because her mother called 911...otherwise she would've continued to stay silent. WHAT "legitimate" reason could she have?

Because you have a kind and loving heart. You conduct your life in a manner that never needs to explain bad behavior. A defense attorney on the other hand spends every working moment doing "damage control" for his client's behavior's.

Put on your "Creative excuses for bad behavior Hat" and I'm sure you could come up with a plausible explanation. Only takes one juror to buy into the reason.

Yeah, but where IS the babysitter? WHO is this babysitter? Does she exist? Where has she ever lived? Has anyone ever seen her with Caylee? Where did Casey drop Caley off to this babyseller? Why would she lie about it? Why can't she tell the police where she put her baby? If her baby had been taken away why would she wait a month to report it and then stonewall the police?

Ok, but then we're back to why wouldn't a mother want to immediately report the missing child to hopefully thwart any such scheme by actively co-operating with the police by telling them where she left the child, and with whom, with stunning accuracy rather than waiting a month, obfuscating with one lie after another, then silence, wasting a second month while the trail goes colder and colder. She could be convicted on that alone if there's no reasonable explanation and, unless hell is about to freeze over, THERE IS NO REASONABLE EXPLANATION for that.

But, your explanation for Padilla is certainly plausible, particularly if Casey's lawyer is as baffled as the rest of us.

Yeah, but where IS the babysitter? WHO is this babysitter? Does she exist? Where has she ever lived? Has anyone ever seen her with Caylee? Where did Casey drop Caley off to this babyseller? Why would she lie about it? Why can't she tell the police where she put her baby? If her baby had been taken away why would she wait a month to report it and then stonewall the police?

Ok, but then we're back to why wouldn't a mother want to immediately report the missing child to hopefully thwart any such scheme by actively co-operating with the police by telling them where she left the child, and with whom, with stunning accuracy rather than waiting a month, obfuscating with one lie after another, then silence, wasting a second month while the trail goes colder and colder. She could be convicted on that alone if there's no reasonable explanation and, unless hell is about to freeze over, THERE IS NO REASONABLE EXPLANATION for that.

But, your explanation for Padilla is certainly plausible, particularly if Casey's lawyer is as baffled as the rest of us.

Exactly!! Your questions are the very ones that Mr. Baez has to answer in order to provide a reasonable doubt. It is my feeling that Mr. Padilla and his team have been called in to conduct questioning of Casey that will provide the defense with "believable" answers. Mr. Padilla could conclude after following Casey's "clues" that (going out on a limb here) Nanny was an agent, with an untraceable identity. A part of an organization that is also untraceable. Casey could admit that she was frightened or ashamed and could not admit that she allowed this to happen to her. (I know, gag, but I'm speculating) I'm not sure how all of the obvious questions will be answered, but I feel that there is something cooking here.

He's been working on explaining this away from day one when he said she worked for Fusian doing promotions. This will be part of is defense. It may fly over like a lead balloon, but he HAS to try to explain that away. Now that Clint House (the DJ at Fusian) went on the record with a fox correspondent and stated that she did NOT work there, he will have to come up with an excuse like she was getting paid under the table to cover her butt. Or maybe the kidnappers forced to go there and act like she was having a ball. :rolleyes: I fully expect Baez to point the finger at Tony at a later date.

Frankly, I think Baez will be long gone before any trial begins.

The minute a lawyer with more 'fame' contacts Casey & lets her know he wants the case.... Baez will be sent to stay with Zenaida. lol

Is Geragos crazy enough to want this case? Maybe he learned something when he lost that other case dealing with a pathological liar of a client... Scott P.

Because you have a kind and loving heart. You conduct your life in a manner that never needs to explain bad behavior. A defense attorney on the other hand spends every working moment doing "damage control" for his client's behavior's.

Put on your "Creative excuses for bad behavior Hat" and I'm sure you could come up with a plausible explanation. Only takes one juror to buy into the reason.

Okay...I'll try!!!
Didn't work! I simply cannot come up with any "creative" reason why I would have waited 31 days to report my child "missing." Can't wait for the trial...calling Judge Ito!!! LOL :rolleyes:

Unless another completely different babysitter story comes out, the child kidnap ring won't work. Cindy said Casey knew Zani since she was about 16-17 years old as a friend and that she'd babysat for the last 1 1/2 years. This was supposedly a real person, one who others would know, clubgoers, mutual friends, etc. If this story were true, Caylee would already have been found by LE and the FBI. I'm afraid they're going to be sent on some wild goose chases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker