Wrestler tosses aside bronze medal

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
What a narcisstic freak! :bang:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/08/14/wrestler.medal/index.html?cnn=yes

CNN) -- Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian threw away the bronze medal he won in the Greco-Roman category in disgust in a protest over judging in his semifinal bout.

Abrahamian was beaten in the 84 kg class by eventual gold medal winner Andrea Minguzzi of Italy but was disgusted by the verdict, shouting at the referee before confronting the judges. The Athens silver medal winner had to be restrained by teammates and later went on to win a bronze medal match.

Poor sportsmanship... he could protest the ruling but no... throws a tantrum... poor baby...

I'm sure the guy that came in fourth would be THRILLED to have it.
:boohoo:I hope he's banned.

Heck, I would love to have it. Big baby.

Idaho- that's exactly what they did. Good. I'm glad.

:clap:

I'll bet Sweden is so embarrassed.

Hahaha. I just saw that on Yahoo news this morning. I'm so glad that they took it away from him. Unfortunately the other guy didn't get it, but at least this guy didn't either.

"The IOC said no athlete will receive Abrahamian’s medal because his disqualification was not connected to the competition itself"

Also found it interesting that this guy wasn't the first at these games to get his medal taken away.

"On Friday, North Korean shooter Kim Jong Su had his silver and bronze medals taken away after failing a doping test. Also expelled for doping violations have been Spanish cyclist Maria Isabel Moreno and Vietnamese gymnast Thi Ngan Thuong Do."

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/wrestling/news?slug=ap-wre-medalstripped&prov=ap&type=lgns

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back