Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 276

Thread: ALL Movie-TV-Book Connections to friends and fabrications

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5

    ALL Movie-TV-Book Connections to friends and fabrications

    Hey,

    Do any of you remember (I am sorry if this is a repeated topic!) back when the case first hit the news?

    I remember hearing something about how Casey didn't want to tell the cops about Caylee's dissappearance because "she watched a lot of movies and in the movies if you call the cops the kid gets harmed" - so she was conducting her "own investigation".

    I was wondering if there has been any follow up on this? Seems like Casey could be someone who would get her "ideas/lies" fantasy such as a movie. Like maybe she got a "plan" from a movie during those 31 days...?

    Just another thought...
    Last edited by JBean; 02-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to maeby For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by maeby View Post
    Hey,

    Do any of you remember (I am sorry if this is a repeated topic!) back when the case first hit the news?

    I remember hearing something about how Casey didn't want to tell the cops about Caylee's dissappearance because "she watched a lot of movies and in the movies if you call the cops the kid gets harmed" - so she was conducting her "own investigation".

    I was wondering if there has been any follow up on this? Seems like Casey could be someone who would get her "ideas/lies" fantasy such as a movie. Like maybe she got a "plan" from a movie during those 31 days...?

    Just another thought...
    you know I think this is a really good angle.
    She has invented so much information, it would be interesting to see if any of this tracks to any movies.
    She takes a bit of information and spins it into her own tale.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    341
    Freedomland comes immediately to mind.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to CarrieSis For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieSis View Post
    Freedomland comes immediately to mind.
    I'll have to look that up. Why does it come to mind? I don't know it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,758
    I thought she was referencing tv, but I don't know anything for sure anymore.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I thought she was referencing tv, but I don't know anything for sure anymore.
    hahahaha I just posted pretty much that same thing on a different thread about a differnt aspect of this case.

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    CG, AZ
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by maeby View Post
    Hey,

    Do any of you remember (I am sorry if this is a repeated topic!) back when the case first hit the news?

    I remember hearing something about how Casey didn't want to tell the cops about Caylee's dissappearance because "she watched a lot of movies and in the movies if you call the cops the kid gets harmed" - so she was conducting her "own investigation".

    I was wondering if there has been any follow up on this? Seems like Casey could be someone who would get her "ideas/lies" fantasy such as a movie. Like maybe she got a "plan" from a movie during those 31 days...?

    Just another thought...
    Well she did say that she knows a Juliette/Juliet Lewis. What about the movie 'Gone Baby Gone'?

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by DagNasty View Post
    Well she did say that she knows a Juliette/Juliet Lewis. What about the movie 'Gone Baby Gone'?
    If I had to pick a movie this would be the one...In the movie it was the brother that reported the baby missing if I'm not mistake...yeah, she might have been trying to copy this movie, why not.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to manatee For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    504
    The Dark Knight

    Released July 9th

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    341
    the dark knight? What part of it?

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    504
    Sorry, didn't see the movie.

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    Posts
    313
    Haven't seen Gone Baby Gone...I think someone said that it was a kidnapping movie? Who took the child in the movie? She may have been trying to copy the movie. I have stated many times that she seems to love the camera, and seems to think her life is a movie, so I am right there with you on thinking that there is some tie with the movie angle. I mean, if she did kill her child, she would have to have gotten the idea of where to put her from somewhere.

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,932
    I remember... it is in the original report: she used the movie scenario as a speculative excuse that first night to say why she didn't call LE during those 31 days. Then she ran with it, dropping the "seeing it in movies" aspect, and insisting on keeping the core of that excuse but started building a story around it: kidnappers have Caylee, threatened to harm her, thus Casey didn't seek LE involvement.

  20. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    US Alabama
    Posts
    31
    Gone Baby Gone (2007)
    Directed by Ben Affleck. With Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman. Two Boston area detectives investigate a little girl's kidnapping, ...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/


    Anyone want me to check it out?
    Im grasping at straws here LOL

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12
    I've been wanting to post about the movie thing and juliette lewis. Juliette starred in not only NBK but a film before that called Kalifornia with Brad Pitt. He was a serial killer. I haven't seen the movie but juliette has the same haircut as casey (only shorter). I have not found any jeff hopkins references in the movies, but he is an actual person that used to work at universal. Maybe she met him briefly at work and simply remembered his name for some reason. She peppers her information with things she knows. I know this because my husband's son is a pathological liar and a thief. I'm just not sure this will lead to finding Caylee. I think she just spins a spider's web and sees where it goes...or not...but keeps certain pieces of the spin to weave it all back into place...or not...spin, spin, spin...until she can spin out of this.
    P.S. Her attorney is NOT going to turn her over to someone like Padilla to try to get info out of her. That would be stupid for the defense! They are playing games. I also agree that they are working the media to throw reasonable doubt out there for the future jury pool!
    My humble 2 cents, take it or leave it. Thanks.

  22. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by SklarCrested View Post
    P.S. Her attorney is NOT going to turn her over to someone like Padilla to try to get info out of her. That would be stupid for the defense! They are playing games. I also agree that they are working the media to throw reasonable doubt out there for the future jury pool!
    My humble 2 cents, take it or leave it. Thanks.
    The only reasonable doubt a jury should have was that Casey is a good mother! Ha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to commongrackle For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Easton, PA
    Posts
    124
    My favorite is the REAL actress Zenaida Gonzalez, who has starred as DETECTIVE FLORES in LA Forensics!

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2809710/

    I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez, and we all know she was conducting her OWN investigation searching for Caylee!!! Connection?!

  25. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12
    LOL, good one, commongrackle!
    Lorikeet, good catch. I did not know that.

  26. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    TV Series : "LA Forensics"

    Episode: "Mysterious Confession" (2007)

    Synopsis: A remarkable case thirty-five years in the making; three women are strangled to death, their bodies dumped with little or no evidence for investigators. The case goes cold until years later when an unlikely confession restarts the investigation. A ingenious sting-like operation is needed to nail the killer.

    Director: Robert Dean

    Writers: Peter Bowen and Monique Hart

    Cast:

    Zenaida Gonzalez as "Detective Flores"

    whoa.

  27. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleneM View Post
    TV Series : "LA Forensics"

    Episode: "Mysterious Confession" (2007)

    Synopsis: A remarkable case thirty-five years in the making; three women are strangled to death, their bodies dumped with little or no evidence for investigators. The case goes cold until years later when an unlikely confession restarts the investigation. A ingenious sting-like operation is needed to nail the killer.

    Director: Robert Dean

    Writers: Peter Bowen and Monique Hart

    Cast:

    Zenaida Gonzalez as "Detective Flores"

    whoa.
    Now that is one interesting bit of info there. Thanks.

  28. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Mysterious Kansas Rectangle
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriKeet View Post

    I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez
    Please reference the thread or include a link for this information. Otherwise it will be considered gossip.

  29. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    341
    I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez
    Source please.

  30. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    374
    I was weeding through websites concerning ZG. How would Casey learn of the knowledge of a ZG at the Sawgrass Apts the same time a ZG was there checking out an apartment? They found that ZG and she admitted being at the apts and filling out a guest card. How did Casey know, that would be some coincidence. Did Casey somehow get hold of the guestcard?

  31. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieSis View Post
    Freedomland comes immediately to mind.
    WOW, I was thinking the about that movie when I first heard about this case!

  32. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
    Gone Baby Gone (2007)
    Directed by Ben Affleck. With Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman. Two Boston area detectives investigate a little girl's kidnapping, ...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/


    Anyone want me to check it out?
    Im grasping at straws here LOL
    WARNING: If you haven't seen the movie, I'm going to ruin it for you!

    GBG's little girl is missing and presumed kidnapped. What really happened is mommy accidentally overdosed baby, trying to insure she'd sleep soundly so mommy could go hang out with some guy. Mommy lies and lies, but eventually leads cops to the body. (This movie could have been only 15 minutes long if they'd edited out the "f" word. I've never heard it used so many times in any other movie.)

    This movie wouldn't make Casey afraid of calling the cops in (and I don't believe for one nanosecond she was afraid of calling the cops because CAYLEE might be harmed) but it COULD give her some ideas about how to handle an accidental death.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Book of Eli movie!!!!!
    By burbqueen in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 09:37 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 06:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •