Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL Movie-TV-Book Connections to friends and fabrications

ALL Movie-TV-Book Connections to friends and fabrications

Hey,

Do any of you remember (I am sorry if this is a repeated topic!) back when the case first hit the news?

I remember hearing something about how Casey didn't want to tell the cops about Caylee's dissappearance because "she watched a lot of movies and in the movies if you call the cops the kid gets harmed" - so she was conducting her "own investigation".

I was wondering if there has been any follow up on this? Seems like Casey could be someone who would get her "ideas/lies" fantasy such as a movie. Like maybe she got a "plan" from a movie during those 31 days...?

Just another thought...
    Last edited by JBean; 02-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maeby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by maeby View Post
    Hey,

Do any of you remember (I am sorry if this is a repeated topic!) back when the case first hit the news?

I remember hearing something about how Casey didn't want to tell the cops about Caylee's dissappearance because "she watched a lot of movies and in the movies if you call the cops the kid gets harmed" - so she was conducting her "own investigation".

I was wondering if there has been any follow up on this? Seems like Casey could be someone who would get her "ideas/lies" fantasy such as a movie. Like maybe she got a "plan" from a movie during those 31 days...?

Just another thought...
    you know I think this is a really good angle.
    She has invented so much information, it would be interesting to see if any of this tracks to any movies.
    She takes a bit of information and spins it into her own tale.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Freedomland comes immediately to mind.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CarrieSis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieSis View Post
    I'll have to look that up. Why does it come to mind? I don't know it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I thought she was referencing tv, but I don't know anything for sure anymore.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I thought she was referencing tv, but I don't know anything for sure anymore.
    hahahaha I just posted pretty much that same thing on a different thread about a differnt aspect of this case.

Quote Originally Posted by maeby View Post
    Hey,

Just another thought...
    Well she did say that she knows a Juliette/Juliet Lewis. What about the movie 'Gone Baby Gone'?

Quote Originally Posted by DagNasty View Post
    Well she did say that she knows a Juliette/Juliet Lewis. What about the movie 'Gone Baby Gone'?
    If I had to pick a movie this would be the one...In the movie it was the brother that reported the baby missing if I'm not mistake...yeah, she might have been trying to copy this movie, why not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to manatee For This Useful Post:

The Dark Knight

Released July 9th

the dark knight? What part of it?

Sorry, didn't see the movie.

Haven't seen Gone Baby Gone...I think someone said that it was a kidnapping movie? Who took the child in the movie? She may have been trying to copy the movie. I have stated many times that she seems to love the camera, and seems to think her life is a movie, so I am right there with you on thinking that there is some tie with the movie angle. I mean, if she did kill her child, she would have to have gotten the idea of where to put her from somewhere.

I remember... it is in the original report: she used the movie scenario as a speculative excuse that first night to say why she didn't call LE during those 31 days. Then she ran with it, dropping the "seeing it in movies" aspect, and insisting on keeping the core of that excuse but started building a story around it: kidnappers have Caylee, threatened to harm her, thus Casey didn't seek LE involvement.

Gone Baby Gone (2007)
    Directed by Ben Affleck. With Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman. Two Boston area detectives investigate a little girl's kidnapping, ...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/

Anyone want me to check it out?
    Im grasping at straws here LOL

I've been wanting to post about the movie thing and juliette lewis. Juliette starred in not only NBK but a film before that called Kalifornia with Brad Pitt. He was a serial killer. I haven't seen the movie but juliette has the same haircut as casey (only shorter). I have not found any jeff hopkins references in the movies, but he is an actual person that used to work at universal. Maybe she met him briefly at work and simply remembered his name for some reason. She peppers her information with things she knows. I know this because my husband's son is a pathological liar and a thief. I'm just not sure this will lead to finding Caylee. I think she just spins a spider's web and sees where it goes...or not...but keeps certain pieces of the spin to weave it all back into place...or not...spin, spin, spin...until she can spin out of this.
    P.S. Her attorney is NOT going to turn her over to someone like Padilla to try to get info out of her. That would be stupid for the defense! They are playing games. I also agree that they are working the media to throw reasonable doubt out there for the future jury pool!
    My humble 2 cents, take it or leave it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SklarCrested View Post
    P.S. Her attorney is NOT going to turn her over to someone like Padilla to try to get info out of her. That would be stupid for the defense! They are playing games. I also agree that they are working the media to throw reasonable doubt out there for the future jury pool!
    My humble 2 cents, take it or leave it. Thanks.
    The only reasonable doubt a jury should have was that Casey is a good mother! Ha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

23. The Following User Says Thank You to commongrackle For This Useful Post:

My favorite is the REAL actress Zenaida Gonzalez, who has starred as DETECTIVE FLORES in LA Forensics!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2809710/

I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez, and we all know she was conducting her OWN investigation searching for Caylee!!! Connection?!

LOL, good one, commongrackle!
    Lorikeet, good catch. I did not know that.

TV Series : "LA Forensics"

Episode: "Mysterious Confession" (2007)

Synopsis: A remarkable case thirty-five years in the making; three women are strangled to death, their bodies dumped with little or no evidence for investigators. The case goes cold until years later when an unlikely confession restarts the investigation. A ingenious sting-like operation is needed to nail the killer.

Director: Robert Dean

Writers: Peter Bowen and Monique Hart

Cast:

Zenaida Gonzalez as "Detective Flores"

whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by MarleneM View Post
    TV Series : "LA Forensics"

Episode: "Mysterious Confession" (2007)

Synopsis: A remarkable case thirty-five years in the making; three women are strangled to death, their bodies dumped with little or no evidence for investigators. The case goes cold until years later when an unlikely confession restarts the investigation. A ingenious sting-like operation is needed to nail the killer.

Director: Robert Dean

Writers: Peter Bowen and Monique Hart

Cast:

Zenaida Gonzalez as "Detective Flores"

whoa.
    Now that is one interesting bit of info there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriKeet View Post

I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez
    Please reference the thread or include a link for this information. Otherwise it will be considered gossip.

I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez
    Source please.

I was weeding through websites concerning ZG. How would Casey learn of the knowledge of a ZG at the Sawgrass Apts the same time a ZG was there checking out an apartment? They found that ZG and she admitted being at the apts and filling out a guest card. How did Casey know, that would be some coincidence. Did Casey somehow get hold of the guestcard?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieSis View Post
    WOW, I was thinking the about that movie when I first heard about this case!

Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
    Gone Baby Gone (2007)
    Directed by Ben Affleck. With Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman. Two Boston area detectives investigate a little girl's kidnapping, ...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/

Anyone want me to check it out?
    Im grasping at straws here LOL
    WARNING: If you haven't seen the movie, I'm going to ruin it for you!

GBG's little girl is missing and presumed kidnapped. What really happened is mommy accidentally overdosed baby, trying to insure she'd sleep soundly so mommy could go hang out with some guy. Mommy lies and lies, but eventually leads cops to the body. (This movie could have been only 15 minutes long if they'd edited out the "f" word. I've never heard it used so many times in any other movie.)

This movie wouldn't make Casey afraid of calling the cops in (and I don't believe for one nanosecond she was afraid of calling the cops because CAYLEE might be harmed) but it COULD give her some ideas about how to handle an accidental death.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast