1337 users online (264 members and 1073 guests)  

Websleuths News

KS - Carjacking attempt-Oak Park Mall-Kansas

This happened at the mall directly north of where Kelsey Smith was abducted (from a Target store). Hubby called home in a panic and wanted to make sure I wasn't at the mall. The first thing I thought of was Kelsey.

Oak Park Mall is a very BUSY mall. This happened outside the Dillard's (the north store) and there are always people around, especially at lunchtime. These criminals are getting very brazen in their attacks.

The police spotted the stolen car and chased it as it headed to Kansas City, Kansas. The police lost the car and made no arrests.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/17202094/detail.html#-

Shots Fired Outside Oak Park Mall
    Woman Refuses To Get Out Of Vehicle, Rams Carjackers' Car

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Three men tried to carjack a woman outside Oak Park Mall Friday afternoon, but the woman refused to get out of her vehicle and ended up ramming their car several times before they drove away.

At about 12:45 p.m., three men approached the woman in her vehicle. Her doors were locked, and her windows were rolled up.

One of the men had a gun and a white bandana over his face. He told her to get out of her car, and when she didn't, he fired a shot into her driver's door. The bullet didn't hit her, and the man fired another shot. It didn't hit her or anyone else.

After a moment, the men left her vehicle and got into a red car. She pulled her vehicle forward, intentionally hitting the carjackers' car several times before they drove away.

The woman said she fought back because she was thinking of how Kelsey Smith was kidnapped from a nearby Target store last year and later killed. The woman was concerned that the men were trying to kidnap her, and she said she wasn't going to go without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches View Post
    This happened at the mall directly north of where Kelsey Smith was abducted (from a Target store). Hubby called home in a panic and wanted to make sure I wasn't at the mall. The first thing I thought of was Kelsey.

Oak Park Mall is a very BUSY mall. This happened outside the Dillard's (the north store) and there are always people around, especially at lunchtime. These criminals are getting very brazen in their attacks.

The police spotted the stolen car and chased it as it headed to Kansas City, Kansas. The police lost the car and made no arrests.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/17202094/detail.html#-

Shots Fired Outside Oak Park Mall
    Woman Refuses To Get Out Of Vehicle, Rams Carjackers' Car

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Three men tried to carjack a woman outside Oak Park Mall Friday afternoon, but the woman refused to get out of her vehicle and ended up ramming their car several times before they drove away.

At about 12:45 p.m., three men approached the woman in her vehicle. Her doors were locked, and her windows were rolled up.

One of the men had a gun and a white bandana over his face. He told her to get out of her car, and when she didn't, he fired a shot into her driver's door. The bullet didn't hit her, and the man fired another shot. It didn't hit her or anyone else.

After a moment, the men left her vehicle and got into a red car. She pulled her vehicle forward, intentionally hitting the carjackers' car several times before they drove away.

The woman said she fought back because she was thinking of how Kelsey Smith was kidnapped from a nearby Target store last year and later killed. The woman was concerned that the men were trying to kidnap her, and she said she wasn't going to go without a fight.
    What a brave lady!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wonder if I would have had her courage?