FL - Foster Leon for beating, blinding DJ, Jacksonville, 2008

White Rain

Reaction score
:eek:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville police are trying to find a man who they said attacked a disc jockey after an altercation at a bar and then cut the man's eyes out, WJXT-TV reported.

Investigators said the DJ was attacked in early July 5 near the Starlite Cafe.

Police found him in the neighborhood because someone driving by saw him lying in the street.

"(It's) heartbreaking to think something like that would happen here," said one of the DJ's former co-workers, Kir Kay.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17199887/detail.html

It's pretty rare that I read a story that just leaves me with my chin on my chest, unable to muster a thought, but this is one of those stories. Wow. Just wow. How awful.

Steve

Yep this seems VERY rare although a few (3 maybe?) years ago their was actually an R&b Major artist named Houston who dug out his OWN eyeball....I've read reports that either he was VERY religious or else on some kinda drug....maybe both....
Can hardly find out ANY info on him since then....
Regardless...to dig someone's eyeball's out....ugh I can't even imagine the sickness involved....

This is heartbreaking.
Laws aboslutely do not deter crime. Its time to step up to the plate with tougher laws.

What? OMG! Cut his eyes out?

This is terrible, very scary.

I'm glad the perp was caught...
My prayers to the dj.... very very sad.

Could this be related to the attack of the lady who was a bartender and left lying in the street with her ear cut off and multiple wounds ..they thought possibly from dragging by a vehicle?

It's pretty rare that I read a story that just leaves me with my chin on my chest, unable to muster a thought, but this is one of those stories. Wow. Just wow. How awful.
Steve

I am stunned but have 2 thoughts:

1. copycats...omg!

2. "an eye for an eye" may be a just punishment this time.

Wow,I really don't know what to say I am speechless.

They got this guy when his girlfriend went to sign up for electricity for an apartment they were renting in New Orleans.

The victim Anthony Blakely said he can't recall much of the attack, but believes it stemed from something that happened a month prior to the attack.

Foster Leon was in prison when Blakely's girlfriend was at The Starlite with a male friend. The male friend hit on Blakely and he responded by saying he'd be more interested in the man's female friend. A month later both Leon and his girlfriend were out celebrating his release from prison. A song was requested for Leon's girlfriend which Blakely didn't have. Next thing ya know he's beat senseless and has no eyes.

How cold can one human being be? Blakely is staying with friends out of town. He's going to have to go to a school for the blind. That's just such a sin.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/081608/met_319213973.shtml

Why on earth are the not charging Leon with attempted murder? You gouge out someone's eyes and cut off half their ear, leave them for dead??!! That sounds like attempted murder to me. Instead he gets aggravated assault. WTF is wrong with the courts there??

May 2010:

Foster Leon was sentenced to 2 life terms for the attempted murder of Blakely...

A jury convicted him in March of kidnapping and attempted second-degree murder in the horrific 2008 Riverside attack...

Afterward, Blakely told reporters the proceeding left him sick to his stomach, despite Cooper handing out the maximum sentences he asked for.

“I’m still blind, and I’m going to remain blind until the day I die,” Blakely said. “I’m happy he got life — but I got life.”

http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crim...ces-cutting-jacksonville-djs-eyes-out?fmt=www

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back