Case File 1071DFMT

PMeehan.jpg
PMeehan1.jpg
PMeehan2.jpg

PMeehan3.jpg
PMeehan4.jpg

Meehan, circa 1989
Patricia Meehan
Missing since April 20, 1989 from Circle, McCone County, Montana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 1, 1951
Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 112-117 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Strawberry blonde hair; green-gray eyes. She has an eastern accent, fair complexion and freckles.
  • Dentals : Not Available
  • Fingerprints : Not Available
  • DNA : Not Available
On April 4th, 1989, near the remote town of Circle, MT, Patty Meehan was involved in a head-on collision with another vehicle. The driver of the other vehicle stated to LE that Patty emerged from the wreckage, "looked right through him", and then turned and walked off into a field. Patty climbed over a fence and disappeared.

Patty's parents travelled from PA to look for her. Her parents came to believe that Patty was hitchhiking aimlessly along I-90.
The couple carried posters and videotape of Patty and showed them at restaurants and other stops along the highway. Out of some 60 reports of sightings, the parents considered 5 to be confirmed.
On May 4th, Patty was spotted by a police officer near Luverne, MN. She sat inside a restaurant until it closed, then left and entered another restaurant. The woman refused to ID herself to the officer.
On May 5th, she was reported in Souix Falls, SD; on May 11th, a man in Billings MT stated he spoke to Patty along an I-90 service road. She asked the man about Washington.
On May 19th, two waitresses in a Bozeman, MT restaurant stated that a woman they had spoken to earlier that week was the same woman in the parents' video.

There have been other credible sightings of Patty in various states, but to this day her parents have not heard from her.

I found a report from WA, in the town of Kalama (just north of Portland) that a car accident occured in May of '91 on I-5. The driver had been identified, but the female passenger was unknown. LE were not even able to determine her ethnicity. She was believed to have been a hitchhiker, between 20 and 39 years of age.
I'm trying to find more reports of the accident.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/meehan_patricia.html

The Charley Project has some more info. It looks like she might have been having a nervous breakdown of some kind when she disappeared. I suffer from severe depression myself, and once after a very minor car accident (just dented bumpers) I became so upset I almost tried to commit suicide.

The Charley Project has some more info. It looks like she might have been having a nervous breakdown of some kind when she disappeared.

Thank you, I was curious as to how a PA girl wound up in MT. Is it possible, if she were already unstable...Could the accident induce some form of amnesia? Not from physical injury, necessarily, but simply something in her already-troubled head short-circuiting.

Bumping for Patricia. Had this case on my mind and went searching for it. I wonder if there are any updated sightings?

Has anyone profiled this case in WA State? Ex boyfriend and sister lived in Spokane and Seattle areas respectively and she had been there...even with amnesia as a possibility, I feel like she would have headed West from where she was located--towards WA area. Family was following up on leads in the WA area in May/June of 1989 as referenced in Spokane Chronicle papers.

Also, have there been any sightings within the last twenty years? MT still has this as an open case so clearly she has not been found but her parents, who seem to be main force behind getting her story out (Unsolved Mysteries etc.) are clearly elderly at this point. The clues here probably rest with the xcountry truck drivers that she probably hitched with around the Pac NW.

Unfortunately, with the time that has passed, she is probably homeless in a major city somewhere or has been murdered and is a UID, probably from hitching a ride with an unsavory character. JMO.

I hope age advanced profiles have been sent to homeless shelters/kitchens/hospitals in Canada as well as the States.Truck stops and of course the internet would hopefully help too. Is there any other info that could be added, like things she once enjoyed besides horses, like books or music or favorite T.V. shows, her blood type, scars, shoe size, anything at all to add to her profile?It must be terribly hard for her family to never know what happened totheir lovely daughter ,but hope springs eternal..

I remember seeing this case on Unsolved Mysteries when I was around 12-13...the freaking way she was staring at the car wreck victim and how she walked into that field terrified me then.
I never forgot this case though I forgot her name...until today....UM played this case again today....Wow, still gave me chills....
Just do not know what to make of this case....

Still checking the uid's for Patty and wondering if there is an age advancement composite of her somewhere - she would be about 60 years old now (if she is still alive)...I keep my eye out for her in the faces of the homeless (covertly, so as not to be insulting) and hope others do as well.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1025857--after-3-decades-a-star-story-helps-bring-a-j-burke-home
This is a recent and very long article about how this man was lost to his family and found 3 decades later in time to make it to his Father's 100th birthday! Elements of this story remind me of Patty...

"A.J. had always been fond of horses, and ended up working at Woodbine, first as a “hot walker” taking horses for a stroll to cool down after a race, and then as a groom.

He was soon travelling all over the place with sundry stables, following the racing circuit — New York, Boston, Chicago, Florida, Nevada"

A.J. was still panhandling at his usual post on Vancouver’s Burrard St. when Stanley Cup fever rolled into town this spring, and he figured prominently in a Star story about how the city’s panhandlers were dealing with the thousands of mostly young and drunken Canucks fans who were invading their turf after every game.

In the accompanying picture, A.J. sits proudly atop his mobility scooter with the basket out front, a device he likes to call his “power chair.”

A.J.’s cousin David was on his usual break out at Pearson International Airport, where he works with Air Canada’s cargo operations, when he happened to flip through a copy of the Star a colleague had left behind. It was June 7.

David kept turning back to the page with the picture, until he finally read the name. He was soon enough on the phone to Digby. “It’s a fluke that I just happened to read it,” he says. “There’s some fate here.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back