Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #97

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Continue posting here. I have been deleting a few rude uncalled for post the guilty know's who you are I will not be pming warning outs I will just be suspending posting privileges. I am not about to let a few posters disrupt this forum.

Continue posting here. I have been deleting a few rude uncalled for post the guilty know's who you are I will not be pming warning outs I will just be suspending posting privileges. I am not about to let a few posters disrupt this forum.

Thank you for that, WindChime ! We don't need all the scrapping on this site.

Thank you!! :clap:

thank you, all the bickering was giving me a headache.

Thanks, Windchime. You are the best.

I'm glad you are on top of things, Windchime. I come on every day to see if there is new info, but don't usually have much to add. In all that time I have been impressed by how everyone is so polite and generous with one another. Until today. Reading the last thread, I felt anger and meanness on the thread where it never existed before. I do not believe the kidnapping theories - I think Caylee was killed intentionally by her mother - I also do not follow astrology as seriously as some- but I would not dare belittle someone else's theory and I think that's why we are here: To come up with different theories and try to get to the truth. Everyone's opinion has merit if it is respectful.

Good evening WindChime, glad to see ya! I just stayed clear of that thread. I stumbled upon it and left. Don't want to deal with the drama. I left a couple of PM's for you, hope your able to get to them this evening. I may have one more for you before the evening is through.

I'm glad you are on top of things, Windchime. I come on every day to see if there is new info, but don't usually have much to add. In all that time I have been impressed by how everyone is so polite and generous with one another. Until today. Reading the last thread, I felt anger and meanness on the thread where it never existed before. I do not believe the kidnapping theories - I think Caylee was killed intentionally by her mother - I also do not follow astrology as seriously as some- but I would not dare belittle someone else's theory and I think that's why we are here: To come up with different theories and try to get to the truth. Everyone's opinion has merit if it is respectful.
I completely agree, and also with your theory. I never have believed the kidnapping story, even from the first time I heard it because of Casey not reporting it to anybody. So that, unfortunately, probably means Caylee is no longer with us. I don't see her (probable) death as an accident either because of the same reason above ~ she didn't report it to anybody, or try to do something to save Caylee, like if she drowned in the pool. Casey doesn't strike me as somebody who would panic so saying she panicked after Caylee accidentally died doesn't seem plausible. I do believe there is something within the family that possibly made her do something horrible to Caylee to get back at her mother, or just because she didn't want her around any more inhibiting her new relationship with Tony or going out partying. MOO :)

In case anyone is till wondering, re the double jeopardy issue: Child neglect is not the same crime as murder, so double jeopardy should not apply. It is a crime on the same set of facts as murder would be, or almost the same set of facts, but it is a different crime. So, someone could be charged, for example, with voluntary manslaughter and assault and battery, at the same time.

In case anyone is till wondering, re the double jeopardy issue: Child neglect is not the same crime as murder, so double jeopardy should not apply. It is a crime on the same set of facts as murder would be, or almost the same set of facts, but it is a different crime. So, someone could be charged, for example, with voluntary manslaughter and assault and battery, at the same time.
But, if the manslaughter is a result of the assault and battery, and there was good enough evidence to bring the manslaughter charge, that is the one that would be brought, right?

I get what you're saying tho. You're saying they could charge and convict The Mother of The Year with child neglect, and then when they have enough evidence they could bring the murder charges, right? Are the elements the same (sorry, kinda lazy, haven't looked up FL's legal defs yet)?

Wholeheartedly agree WindChime!:clap:
Thank you.

i think it is possible that Casey gave Caylee to someone. Therefore no need to report her missing. I think she did this too spite Cindy. Until I see DNA forensic proof that Caylee is deceased i will continue to believe she is alive somewhere.

To start answering my own question (and prove I'm not lazy!)...

Aggravated Child Abuse

A. Elements

• Aggravated child abuse occurs when a person:
(1) commits aggravated battery on a child;
(2) willfully tortures, maliciously punishes, or willfully and unlawfully cages
a child; or
(3) knowingly or willfully abuses a child and in so doing causes great bodily
harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.
Fla. Stat. ch. 827.03(2).
– Witt v. State, 780 So. 2d 946, 946-47 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2001).

B. “Knowingly” or “Willfully”

• The plain language of the statute only requires that the abuse be committed
knowingly or willfully, not that the defendant knew the victim’s age.
– Witt v. State, 780 So. 2d 946, 947 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2001).

II. Child Abuse or Neglect

• Child abuse or neglect means harm to a child’s physical or mental health or welfare
by the acts of a parent, adult household member, or other persons responsible for the
child’s welfare, or, for the purpose of reporting requirements, by any person. Fla.
Stat. ch. 415.503(3).
– Jett v. State, 605 So. 2d 926, 928 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 1992).

• Sexual battery by a person responsible for the child’s welfare would constitute child
abuse or neglect.
– Jett v. State, 605 So. 2d 926, 928 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 1992).

So they start with this....

I completely agree, and also with your theory. I never have believed the kidnapping story, even from the first time I heard it because of Casey not reporting it to anybody. So that, unfortunately, probably means Caylee is no longer with us. I don't see her (probable) death as an accident either because of the same reason above ~ she didn't report it to anybody, or try to do something to save Caylee, like if she drowned in the pool. Casey doesn't strike me as somebody who would panic so saying she panicked after Caylee accidentally died doesn't seem plausible. I do believe there is something within the family that possibly made her do something horrible to Caylee to get back at her mother, or just because she didn't want her around any more inhibiting her new relationship with Tony or going out partying. MOO :)
I'm on the same page. My theory is that Casey actually planned to harm her baby, either because she did not want the hassle anymore or was jealous of the child. (Some people kill rather than getting a divorce or giving the child up because they think doing those things would make them look bad:behindbar). I feel that Casey may have planned it and tried to stage a drowning. Hence, all the calls she tried to make to someone on the 16th or 17th. Maybe she killed the little girl, then put her in the pool and was calling to scream that Caylee had drowned. It would go with her illogic - As if she wanted to call her parents in a panic to know they heard her reaction, before alerting the police, so she could be sure they were in sync with her story. "Oh! She was so distraught she did not know what to do! She called her mother first!" But, when she did not get anyone to answer, too much time had gone by with a body in the pool, so she
had to try to move it and come up with soemthing else. This is my opinion only and I hope to God that I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie