CT - Amanda, 17, Windsor, 8 Aug 2008

bugaboo

Reaction score
Sounds like she has friends in Hartford, which is a horrible place to be. The city is a mess with shootings and drugs right now. You would think runaway at first, but bad things could happen very quickly to a young girl.

41621157-14154204.jpg

August 15, 2008 WINDSOR — - Local police are searching for a 17-year-old who left her Windsor home on Aug. 8.

The 17-year-old, whose first name is Amanda, is considered to be in crisis and has not taken her medication for a while, police said.

She was last seen in the area of 10 Marshall St. in Hartford and may be staying on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington.

Anyone who knows Amanda's whereabouts is asked to contact the Windsor Police Department at 860-688-5273.

I wonder why they don't give her last name? :waitasec:

I just read that she was in a DCF home (Dept.of Children and Families) in Windsor when she went missing. Someone on one of the news sites obviously knows about the case, and did say her last name there. I didn't know if I should repeat it here or not.

This is scary. I was raised in Windsor, CT. When they said she may be staying on the Berlin Tnpke. in Newington, CT it scares me. There are a ton of cheap motels over there which are notorious for prostitution. I hope they find her.

It's not uncommon for girls to run away when in a DCF home. The problem is that most of these kids have a chronic mental illness that needs to be treated with medication.

I was reading the Topix board the other day and someone made a comment about her possibly running away to be with her family or something of that nature. You are absolutely right about the Berlin Turnpike - it is a mess. Not a place I would like to hang out at night. It breaks my heart when I see what is happening in Hartford right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back