Your very first impression of this case

CASuzk

Reaction score
I heard about Nicole Simpson on the radio in my car. First impression: after beating her for years, OJ finally killed her.

Laci Peterson's story was on my TV on Chistmas night. First Impression: Scott did it; no woman I know would suggest that her husband take a tiny boat, 80 miles away and go fishing on Christmas Eve.

Caylee; I read the first news story on the Web. First Impression: Mom had something to do with the fact she was missing and it wasn't going to end well.
Before the news picked up Caylee's story and made it huge, what did you think happened based on what little was known right away?

My first impression was OMG not another dead child at the hands of her mother.
I have never had a "good" feeling about the outcome of this case.

My first impression was that Casey was responsible for her daugther's death or, at the very least, for her going missing. I felt the same about OJ and Nicole (it was OJ), I felt from day 1 Scott killed Lacey.

Honestly, my first impression was that Casey was lying on purpose, with logical reason, to protect her daughter. From what or whom I did not know, and that is what led me back to Websleuths to look for more information.

Now...a month into the case, my gut feeling is not so positive. I'm doubting that my initial impression is correct.

My first impression was that she sold the child for drug money and until Cindy's 911 calls were released I thought the grandmother was also involved.

When I saw her strutting through the courthouse when she was arrested, I immediately thought that she was involved because she did not look upset in the least.

First impression was a combination of Susan Smith and Melinda Duckett. Young, emotionally immature, single mother gets tired of being tied down with a small child, wants to be with a new boyfriend instead, wants to go out and party and the child is in the way. I still see the similarities with Casey and with Caylee, sadly, not being alive.

When I saw her strutting through the courthouse when she was arrested, I immediately thought that she was involved because she did not look upset in the least.
If she was upset to begin with she would've reported her child missing! These are the actions of a cold-hearted person who deliberately wanted her child out of her way, in my opinion.

My first impression was that the grandfather was involved. I know it's crazy, but I remember specifically wondering if he somehow accidentally killed Caylee (possibly wasn't watching her and she drowned), and - knowing what he did - he then left her for Casey to find, who then thought SHE was responsible, and began a huge cover up, which he later aided in, to hide his own involvement.

I also thought that she (Casey) was probably driving around with Amy's resume' in her car because she was trying to steal Amy's identity to get a job and/or apartment.

[Edit to clarify: This isn't local news for me, so I actually saw it first on these boards and the web, and didn't get a "first read" from the news like others might have.]

If she was upset to begin with she would've reported her child missing! These are the actions of a cold-hearted person who deliberately wanted her child out of her way, in my opinion.

True, but the courthouse strut was the first I had heard about any of this. That was the assumption I had before I learned that Caylee was missing for that long.

True, but the courthouse strut was the first I had heard about any of this. That was the assumption I had before I learned that Caylee was missing for that long.
Oh, I see what you're saying now! The first I'd heard of her being missing was the parents on FoxNews, and I thought "31 days and she's just now being reported missing?" :eek:

First impression: No human being 'loses' a child & happily goes on to pretend that everything is perfectly normal for a full month & only when cornered tries to pin the blame on some vague person she knows police won't be able to trace in any way.

If Caylee was a beer, I'm sure Casey never would have lost track of her.

Oh, I see what you're saying now! The first I'd heard of her being missing was the parents on FoxNews, and I thought "31 days and she's just now being reported missing?" :eek:

That was my second thought when I Cindy was on tv later that night. I thought it was all odd and that the family was nuts. 31 days is ridiculous.

My first impression was "deja vu". This case almost immediately struck me as similar to the Scott Peterson case. At first it was just a more-or-less intuitive feeling that Casey and Scott Peterson were a lot alike.

* Casey's contention that a kidnapper was at fault (same as Scott P.)
* Casey's narcissistic responses on initial taped calls ("all they care about is Caylee"), Scott's self-concern from the beginning.
* The lies that began to surface (Scott said he was in Paris, Casey said she had a job).
* Facts explained away (decomp smell in Casey's car, Scott's cement blocks).
* Casey seeming jealous of her mother's "cameo appearances" on TV shows, Scott going on TV early on.
* Basically, in both cases, things being said that just don't "fit", that make my truth antenna go haywire!
* Scott selling Laci's vehicle, Casey partying so soon (both moving on while things unresolved).

Also, my very first thought when the 31 days was mentioned was "who keeps such close track in a case like this?" I would have understood if they said, "It has been a month" or about a month. That 31-day statement still bothers me -- as though someone was counting day-by-day, like crossing the days off on a calendar.:waitasec:

I first heard about it on CNN, they were only showing pictures of Caylee and saying the mother hadn't reported her missing for a month.

My thoughts were that the mother probably was on drugs, she left her kid with somebody she didn't know very well for an undetermined length of time, maybe the 'sitter' even picked the kid up from the mother at McDonalds or another friends house and she didn't even know where she lived or something. I thought she really had left her with somebody and just couldn't find her, and as the story broke the person who had the little girl would step forward.

Obviously I know now that is not the case.

I first learned about this case watching the news, when it was just reported that Caylee was missing in Orlando and her mother hadn't reported her missing for 31 days. I immediately thought of Aarone Thompson (sp?) and Trenton Duckett and came here to WS to get the latest information. I immediately thought the mother had killed her or knew who killed her. I haven't seen anything to change my mind about that. In fact, every thing I've seen only supports it.

Now that some time has passed, and I know more, my opinion has not changed.

Casey is not some hick from the sticks. She has grown up watching real and fictional cop shows, she knows how an Amber alert works so here for me is the bottom line: why would a girl like that not know for fact that LE has many resources available to find her child. Why didn't she spill to the FBI? They can and do use covert operations when necessary so why would she not tell the FBI what they needed to know?

I thought...here we go again! Young "head in the clouds" sociopath gets rid of daughter who is getting in the way of her social life.

Initially I thought (since she was so smug and secretive) that she sold Caylee for drugs. Now I think she killed her so she could do drugs...and whatever else suited her fancy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back