Houston family confirmed dead in airplane crash

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
The wreckage of a missing private plane carrying a Houston family home from a vacation trip in Colorado was found on Sunday, officials said.
"We just got there a few minutes ago. All four are deceased," said Major Mark Young, of the Civil Air Patrol.
A hiker reported spotting the wreckage about 1:15 p.m. CDT in a rugged area about 125 miles southeast of Steamboat Springs — where Tommy Jacomini, 45, and his family had been staying.
After sending helicopters and ground teams to the area, officials later Sunday confirmed the wreckage was the four-seater Cessna carrying Jacomini; his wife, Susana, 38, and their two children, Thomas, 8, and Vivi, 5.
"At this point, the search is over," Young said.
Officials will now begin the difficult task of removing their bodies from the wreckage and beginning the investigation into what led to the fatal crash.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5948166.html

Oh no. I hate to hear this. I was hoping...maybe... they would be found alive. So sad.

:( Thank you for the update... peace be with their family.

I really do not like these small planes. They seem to crash with greater frequency than good old fashioned airliners.

We lost a family friend to a plane crash. It was horrific.

I don't think I would ever get on one.

imo

As a private pilot who flies planes exactly like this one, I have to tell you that you are correct.

Commercial aviation is extremely safe. I enjoy flying in good weather for fun, it's relaxing. But to get between places when I need to go I fly commercially.
Oh, phew, for a sec there I thought you were going to whack me up the side of the head for suggesting it is less safe....

I am glad you go the safer means of travel for long distances.

My sister-in-laws boyfriend, Rick is a pilot and a member of Civil Air Patrol...he was one of the many pilots involved in the search.

Rick told my husband today that he would never consider taking off in the weather conditions that were present that day. So sad...

There was rain, heavy cloud cover and even snow up above 9,000 feet. That would mean instrument flying over the Rockies which are a challenge in this area under the best of conditions.

The wreckage of a missing private plane carrying a Houston family home from a vacation trip in Colorado was found on Sunday, officials said.
"We just got there a few minutes ago. All four are deceased," said Major Mark Young, of the Civil Air Patrol.
A hiker reported spotting the wreckage about 1:15 p.m. CDT in a rugged area about 125 miles southeast of Steamboat Springs — where Tommy Jacomini, 45, and his family had been staying.
After sending helicopters and ground teams to the area, officials later Sunday confirmed the wreckage was the four-seater Cessna carrying Jacomini; his wife, Susana, 38, and their two children, Thomas, 8, and Vivi, 5.
"At this point, the search is over," Young said.
Officials will now begin the difficult task of removing their bodies from the wreckage and beginning the investigation into what led to the fatal crash.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5948166.html

I am so sorry for the family!!!!!!!
sending prayers!!!!!!!!!!

This is such a tragedy. What a beautiful family. I hope they died instantly and didn't suffer.

Such a lovely family; such a too-often heard and tragic story. Suffer the little children....

My father was a commerical airline pilot for over 30 years. We owned several small planes, I was nervous about flying in them, but he kept assuring me that its the pilot, not the plane. He claimed that too many want-a-be pilots were able to get their license with a minimum of training and flying time, and thats where the danger was. Not the pilot who had been flying for 50 years-- but the newbies.

Nope. I enjoy it, it's generally safe, but the statistics don't lie.

In my opinion it's a mistake to use small planes if you have a schedule, as there is the temptation to go when you should not. "Get-home-itis" is a killer.

Yeah, reminds me of JFK Jr.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back