778 users online (139 members and 639 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Casey's seizure? NEW INFORMATION 2011.09.08

So Jesse took Casey to the hospital a while back for a seizure.
    Anyone know why? Was this the first one? Is she epileptic and if so, was her driver's licence restricted?
    I'm not sure what the time limit on driving following seizure is there in FL but in CA, you are restricted from driving until you have been without a seizure for some time. Doctors can face fines if they do not report patients who have had a seizure. This law has been in place since a man ran over several people here about 20 years ago.

I haven't found any additional info other than it was earlier this year and JG took her to the hospital. Seizures could be a result of so many things..it's hard to speculate exactly why..ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by CASuzk View Post
    So Jesse took Casey to the hospital a while back for a seizure.
    Anyone know why? Was this the first one? Is she epileptic and if so, was her driver's licence restricted?
    I'm not sure what the time limit on driving following seizure is there in FL but in CA, you are restricted from driving until you have been without a seizure for some time. Doctors can face fines if they do not report patients who have had a seizure. This law has been in place since a man ran over several people here about 20 years ago.
    My son is epileptic and you would be surprised at how easy it was for him to get his license back here in CA. There is no set time. he lost his license for about 4 months the last time we reported a seizure. He is on medical probation, meaning he has to submit a doctor eval to DMV every 6 months. But they are super strict. If he misses his report his license is suspended that day.

Drug overdose could cause a seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    I haven't found any additional info other than it was earlier this year and JG took her to the hospital. Seizures could be a result of so many things..it's hard to speculate exactly why..ya know?
    So true.

Here is a short list for example..
    Source:http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/s/seizures.htm

Conditions that can cause seizures include high fever; brain infections, such as AIDS, malaria, meningitis, rabies, tetanus, and viral encephalitis; hypoparathyroidism; high levels of sugar or sodium in the blood; low levels of sugar, calcium, magnesium, or sodium in the blood; kidney or liver failure; phenylketonuria; insufficient oxygen to the brain; damage to brain tissue, such as from a brain tumor, head injury, intracranial hemorrhage, or stroke; and illnesses such as eclampsia, hypertensive encephalopathy, or lupus.

Seizures can also be caused by abuse of alcohol, amphetamines, tranquilizers, or cocaine; a reaction to a prescription drug; or exposure to toxic substances, such as lead or strychnine. Seizures can be triggered by flashing lights, video games, repetitive sounds, lack of sleep, stress, cigarette smoking, or hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.

Maybe it was a little "temper tantrum" mistaken for a seizure!

It could also have possibly been faked for attention. Didn't Casey mention that she was having alot of sick headaches in one of her myspace messages to someone?

Xanax withdrawal can also cause seizures.

My guess it that whatever it was had to have been a one-time thing, or at least not require medicine or long-term relief. If she was prone to seizures, I would think that Cindy would be using that in her media spin. "She can't remember where Caylee is because she has seizures!".

One of the most common drugs I have seen cause seizures in several people is Wellbutrin/Zyban. Maybe she was on an anti-D

Quote Originally Posted by TxRose View Post
    Xanax withdrawal can also cause seizures.

My guess it that whatever it was had to have been a one-time thing, or at least not require medicine or long-term relief. If she was prone to seizures, I would think that Cindy would be using that in her media spin. "She can't remember where Caylee is because she has seizures!".
    You know this is an excellent point. My son cannot remember anything before or after his seizures by about 2 hours either way.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    One of the most common drugs I have seen cause seizures in several people is Wellbutrin/Zyban. Maybe she was on an anti-D
    What exactly is that JBean? What I mean is it's use?

I'm glad there is a separate thread for this. There were a few posters trying to discuss this in a general thread and I lost track of it.

I've always wondered since hearing about the seizure if there is a history or other possibility besides drugs? Cindy being a nurse may have some idea.

jd_martin is offline "Smells like theres been a supreme pizza in the damn car"
    "A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer." Robert Lee Frost

jd_martin is offline "Smells like theres been a supreme pizza in the damn car"
    Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    What exactly is that JBean? What I mean is it's use?

I'm glad there is a separate thread for this. There were a few posters trying to discuss this in a general thread and I lost track of it.

I've always wondered since hearing about the seizure if there is a history or other possibility besides drugs? Cindy being a nurse may have some idea.
    Wellbutrin and Zyban are Anti-Depressants, Also used as Smoking Cessation Meds and used to treat sexual side effects of other Anti-anxiety/anti depressants.
    "A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer." Robert Lee Frost

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    You know this is an excellent point. My son cannot remember anything before or after his seizures by about 2 hours either way.
    Yes - I have a friend who is that way. Hers are under control now, but they were pretty freaky! I think we would have heard by now if she had an illness that cause recurring seizures. Many prescription medications would not be well tolerated if she was combining them with alcohol while she partied. I would think Cindy would put her foot down to that because it could potentially put Caylee in danger too.

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast