Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey's seizure? NEW INFORMATION 2011.09.08

I'll have to go back and re-read the transcripts. I thought JG testified about legit seizure sympthoms. Foaming at the mouth...
    Credulous at best your desire to believe in Angels in the hearts of men

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ripley007 For This Useful Post:

bumpity bump for discussion

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

IIRC...Jesse told the emergency dispatcher / 911 that KC had been drinking heavily the night before.
    Last edited by sleutherontheside; 04-07-2010 at 10:48 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

I don't recall the page now in the letters, but she does mention that she bit her tongue and woke up in a sweat in jail a couple of times. And that she gets headaches before. Still, no one has ever mentioned this, except the perp. And given the perp's penchant for fantasy and lies, I find it hard to believe.

Unless there is a witness to corroborate, I am not believing it. Psychopaths are known for issuing statements that helpfully cannot be verified, like, "it happens when I'm sleeping". At most, they provide a vague inference, and we fill in the blanks.

It's also clear from her letters that she reads whatever is presently useful to her. It could be that she hoped to elicit major sympathy from her audience.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    I don't believe her. I think it's attention seeking, looking for someone to really care about her. That seems to be her theme. Part of her narcissism and constant need for attention. What could draw someone in more closely than a health problem or two.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

Says she has been having seizures, nah, I think it's more likely that she is stressed, maybe from feeling guilty and grinding her teeth in her sleep.
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to okiedokietoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    I don't believe her. I think it's attention seeking, looking for someone to really care about her. That seems to be her theme. Part of her narcissism and constant need for attention. What could draw someone in more closely than a health problem or two.
    I agree. She was seen in an ER after the 'seizure' and assessed. If the MD felt it was a seizure she would have been advised as to follow up needed, and CA would have had her in to see a Neurologist pronto- unless of course it was from cocaine and/or alcohol, in which case she wouldn't want to tell CA what she was advised...

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokietoo View Post
    Says she has been having seizures, nah, I think it's more likely that she is stressed, maybe from feeling guilty and grinding her teeth in her sleep.
    I'm still trying to figure out how anyone would know they were having seizures in their sleep. By definition you would not be aware if you were sleeping.
    Casey lies so much about things that are beyond her understanding,and she gets tripped up way too often...

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoriKeet View Post
    Based on what we've seen from our "mother of the year" I'm surprised she didn't have seizures multiple times a day!

My guess...due to a combo of alcohol and "party pills" she's weighs what...105 pounds?! Doesn't take much!
    Amphetamines (diet pills and ADHD meds) lower the seizure threshold along with cocaine.

Since she has bragged about the many men she has slept with and possibly underestimated the number (IMO), AIDS and Syphilis could also be causes of her seizures. While we are on the subject of STD, Flagyl also can cause seizures.

Many antidepressants and also can induce seizures.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elementary View Post
    I don't recall the page now in the letters, but she does mention that she bit her tongue and woke up in a sweat in jail a couple of times. And that she gets headaches before. Still, no one has ever mentioned this, except the perp. And given the perp's penchant for fantasy and lies, I find it hard to believe.

Unless there is a witness to corroborate, I am not believing it. Psychopaths are known for issuing statements that helpfully cannot be verified, like, "it happens when I'm sleeping". At most, they provide a vague inference, and we fill in the blanks.

It's also clear from her letters that she reads whatever is presently useful to her. It could be that she hoped to elicit major sympathy from her audience.
    ITA like KC saying "my baby's father died in a terrible car accident on her birthday" AND "my brother and dad molested me".

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    IIRC...Jesse told the mergency dispatcher / 911 that KC had been drinking heavily the night before.
    Update on the Neurobiology of Alcohol Withdrawal Seizures
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312739/

Bingo!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

I just can't help but feel that these "seizures" are in the same category as the blood blister that got morphed (by her) into a cancerous tumor. Nothing but drama and attention seeking behavior. Although I do not doubt for a minute that she could have had a real alcohol induced seizure in the past. I also can't help but wonder if this is the same thing that TonE noticed when she was staying with him.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TallyHo For This Useful Post:

Drugs,alcohol, high temp, high heat, not eating, dehydration, lack of sleep, are a few things that can bring on a seizure.
    ER would give MRI, cat scan if you were having headaches and seizures.
    Scars (lesions) are left on the brain. You can't fool neuro docs.
    Usually people do not know they have seizures.
    Unless they are aware, have a very bad one and lose control of bladder.
    Keppra is 1 of many seizure control drugs and KC isn't on any meds like that, is she???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

BBM Just read that too on page 91/13675. The part about "waking up soaking wet from sweat and somewhat disoriented" reminded me of Tony L's description of her having nightmares and waking up sweating in his interview with LE. It also seems to me that Casey may be hypochondriocal (sp?), or at least somewhat obsessed with various illnesses in these letters (just prior to page mentioned above she seems anxious about seeing a doctor.)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oakley For This Useful Post:

Most real seizures are accompanied by enuresis.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaneBramage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaneBramage View Post
    Most real seizures are accompanied by enuresis.
    You are right they sure can be, but not necesarily. My epileptic son has never suffered that as a part of his seizures and his are pretty radical.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TallyHo View Post
    I just can't help but feel that these "seizures" are in the same category as the blood blister that got morphed (by her) into a cancerous tumor. Nothing but drama and attention seeking behavior. Although I do not doubt for a minute that she could have had a real alcohol induced seizure in the past. I also can't help but wonder if this is the same thing that TonE noticed when she was staying with him.
    These documents have a lot of things that have been rumored. I remember some ragmag saying that KC was acting like a hypochondriac and complaining about one ailment after another.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how anyone would know they were having seizures in their sleep. By definition you would not be aware if you were sleeping.
    Casey lies so much about things that are beyond her understanding,and she gets tripped up way too often...
    Not that I believe she is genuinely having seizures, but she said she 'knew' she had them because she had bitten her tongue.

Sleep seizures ARE real and a bitten tongue or lip can be a sign of that.

It could be her desperate need for attention , or it could be part of a defense strategy. ie: 'I must have had a sleep seizure and knocked out caylee 'accidently' in the process, and I can't remember it because I was asleep.'
    Remember they said that Caylee always liked to sleep with her mummy?
    She also mentions CA saying Lee was a sleep walker. These sleep disorders can be familial.

I hope that the state performs a battery of tests to rule out a seizure disorder so she can't use it as any type of defense.
    JMO

Signs of a Noctural Seizure
    People may awake from a seizure unaware that they have suffered it. There are physical symptoms that will prove a sleep-related seizure has occurred. Symptoms vary from mild twitches on one side of the face to repetitive stiff and hard body jerks, episodes of screaming and frenzied states and convulsions. Incontinence, muscle ache and evidence of biting the inside of the cheek or tongue can all point to a nocturnal seizure having taken place.
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5139883_sy...-seizures.html
    Last edited by butwhatif?; 04-07-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: add

36. The Following User Says Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
    BBM Just read that too on page 91/13675. The part about "waking up soaking wet from sweat and somewhat disoriented" reminded me of Tony L's description of her having nightmares and waking up sweating in his interview with LE. It also seems to me that Casey may be hypochondriocal (sp?), or at least somewhat obsessed with various illnesses in these letters (just prior to page mentioned above she seems anxious about seeing a doctor.)
    Night sweats=withdrawal from opiates/alcohol/benzos like xanax AND it is common when on some types of antidepressants

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

There is all kinds of good information at the beginning of the thread too.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    IIRC...Jesse told the emergency dispatcher / 911 that KC had been drinking heavily the night before.
    Partying? Ecstasy also causes seizures and night sweats.

On another post earlier, someone stated KC didn't have a driver's license. Is that true? LHM!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    Not that I believe she is genuinely having seizures, but she said she 'knew' she had them because she had bitten her tongue.

Sleep seizures ARE real and a bitten tongue or lip can be a sign of that.

It could be her desperate need for attention , or it could be part of a defense strategy. ie: 'I must have had a sleep seizure and knocked out caylee 'accidently' in the process, and I can't remember it because I was asleep.'
    Remember they said that Caylee always liked to sleep with her mummy?
    She also mentions CA saying Lee was a sleep walker. These sleep disorders can be familial.

I hope that the state performs a battery of tests to rule out a seizure disorder so she can't use it as any type of defense.
    JMO

http://www.ehow.com/about_5139883_sy...-seizures.html
    Can see it now.....KC has a sleep disorder with seizures which caused her to place duct tape around her child's head, double bag her like garbage, and toss her beside the road after driving her decaying body around in the car for days. Motion to dismiss KC Anthony murder case, Your Honor.
    LHM!

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

In regards to the ER visit for this "seizure"...

Was she prescribed any meds from the doctor that treated her?
    As always, this is my humble opinion.

Conquer the angry man by love.
    Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
    Conquer the miser with generosity.
    Conquer the liar with truth.

The Dhammapada

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Firefly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Was she prescribed any meds from the doctor that treated her?
    Can't find the answer.

If she presented in the ER in a post-ictal phase with normal neurologic status, the ER doctor would have given her complete assessment/tests if indicated. If everything was within normal limits, she would have only received a referral to a neurologist or her family clinician. ER docs would not have started her on any seizure meds for a singularly occurring, undocumented seizure-like activity. They are practicing to treat emergencies and cannot become the family physician who regularly checks the neuro patient and their meds.

Since she was discharged and not admitted, her physical and neuro exam by the ER doc was within normal limits at her time of exam.
    Last edited by Pensfan; 04-08-2010 at 12:55 AM.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."

Very true who knows what lie he may have caught her in minutes before her seizure lol Plus I believe if real they can tell with a test emg which would say abnormal brain activity.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

50. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast