Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
    Status epilepticus is life threatening, but a regular seizure isn't as you well know. Sometimes they do some IV Valium and maybe some pheno barb, but most times they just wait for them to end unless there are other symptoms or this is a new occurrence. They always run a blood alcohol and a drug screen though, because many times they are drug related in young people.

I don't think medical records will be released until trial. I don't know if they are covered under FOIA or not. If they are they would have to be asked for specifically.
    Regular seizures only bother me regarding my son, because he has a terrible habit of having them in the shower.The shower surfaces are not forgiving and he always blocks the floor drain with his body.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Regular seizures only bother me regarding my son, because he has a terrible habit of having them in the shower.The shower surfaces are not forgiving and he always blocks the floor drain with his body.
    Maybe he could get one of those dome shaped drain covers to prevent that?
    I thinking of the type that are required in hot tubs and jacuzzi's to prevent children from becoming trapped. Plus the hard surfaces.

It must be so worrisome, I'm so sorry to hear that about your son. I hope that in the future we can find a cure. I know what it is like to worry about a child's medical problems.

Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
    Maybe he could get one of those dome shaped drain covers to prevent that?
    I thinking of the type that are required in hot tubs and jacuzzi's to prevent children from becoming trapped. Plus the hard surfaces.

It must be so worrisome, I'm so sorry to hear that about your son. I hope that in the future we can find a cure. I know what it is like to worry about a child's medical problems.
    You are so sweet Elfie. That is a good idea about the drain cover. More than once I have had to jump in the shower and lift his head.

Well I am offtopic as usual.

You are so sweet Elfie. That is a good idea about the drain cover. More than once I have had to jump in the shower and lift his head.

Well I am offtopic as usual.
    I think it's perfectly on topic. Anything that sheds light on seizures. You are the sweetie to be here for us, especially with everything going on. Much appreciated.

There is a world renown treatment center in Memphis for seizure disorders.

http://www.lebonheur.org/lebonheur/O...pilepsy+Center

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    This is the first I've heard of this. Yet another example of Casey's parents allowing Casey to not follow rules. After all, they gave her that car.
    She has a license, she used it while cashing Amy's checks. There are photocopies of it from police files somewhere in the document threads.

There is a world renown treatment center in Memphis for seizure disorders.

http://www.lebonheur.org/lebonheur/O...pilepsy+Center
    Thanks for that info. I was born in Memphis and live just on the outskirts of Memphis now and NEVER knew leBonhuer had this dept. Luckily I have never had reason to use it either and PRAY I never do. Though we did have totake our adopted daughter there when she was less than a year old to have tests run as her biomom has a history of them. Our daughter was having episodes where she would stiffen up and not be able to move for a few seconds at a time, and then her hand would tremble uncontrollably. She was given a clean bill of health though after lots of testing. SHe seems to have outgrown it.

I truly beleive IF Casey actually did go to hospital for a seizure , it would have been due to drug use (in my opionion only). Wonder if it was indeed a seizure and not possibly a drug overdose ? Hope LE get this info.

Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknrebel View Post

I truly beleive IF Casey actually did go to hospital for a seizure , it would have been due to drug use (in my opionion only). Wonder if it was indeed a seizure and not possibly a drug overdose ? Hope LE get this info.
    that, or she faked it for attention. i knew someone who did that, sadly enough. what an actor. and our casey does love attention from her boys...

guess we'll find out...
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.

Jesse states in the 911 call that casey had been drinking heavily the night before, funny how CA never mentioned that fact about her hospital stay,

911 call page 9 of pdf
    document page=2559

Remember per CA version of story:
    Jesse had Caylee when CA got to hospital. The question is, "Was Casey drinking heavily on nights when she had Caylee with her?"

Quote Originally Posted by seaneb View Post
    Jesse states in the 911 call that casey had been drinking heavily the night before, funny how CA never mentioned that fact about her hospital stay,

911 call page 9 of pdf
    document page=2559

Remember per CA version of story:
    Jesse had Caylee when CA got to hospital. The question is, "Was Casey drinking heavily on nights when she had Caylee with her?"
    Did CA know that KC had been drinking heavily?

You know this is an excellent point. My son cannot remember anything before or after his seizures by about 2 hours either way.
    could this be the "only half the story" JB is planning to present as the major defense. Prior history of seizure and perhaps memory loss to account for KC either blacking out and finding Caylee drowned and then memory loss or panic setting in and details a fog so she made up the story? Defense teams can really spin a yarn. Perhaps the "seizure" was drug related but depending on when it happened. could also have been part of her overall planned defesne stratagey if killing of Caylee resulted in her being caught or just to explain any erractic behavoir and lies on her part. Its a good thing the her history of lying, long precedes her seizure claim.

Most likely it was all a ploy, just like describing the major accident and injuries of Zenaida and family in the phony car accident story. Her lies are always very grandious and over the top or a way to divert attention from her actions or to gain sympathy from others. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the defense strategy. It just might show up. After all, they are grasping at straws to show their client as other than a totally manipulative lying sociopath.

Did CA know that KC had been drinking heavily?
    No, I don't recall either of the GP's mentioning that.

Casey was over 18, could she tell the ER doctors not to mention that to GPs?
    I think it is odd the hospital ran so many tests if she was drinking the night before, sounded more like an alcohol overdose than a seizure to me.

Could she have fooled JG into thinking she was having a seizure or was JG just too young to know the difference from a seizure and what a person looks like that is having signs of alcohol poisoning(or any effects from too much booze)?

Seizure is so much more of a dramatic than telling someone you just drank too much the night before, I think Casey would go for the drama over the facts.

One of the problems with anything wrong with one's central nervous system is that if it's severe and pervasive enough, it can interfere with the autonomic and peripheral nervous systems as well. In psychopaths, such maladies as what was once called neurasthenia (a state of unnatural sedation) or epilepsy (seizure disorders) are far more frequent than in the general population.

took that from this site...http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_you_are..._should_you_do
    makes sense, Casey is a textbook psychopath/sociopath. That link also has some very interesting insight to what might be going on in Casey's mind.

In regards to HIPAA

Typical protocol in ER when a person is brought in for a seizure is some testing, definitely an EEG. More exhaustive studies to rule out tumors and lesions would most likely be up to the patient after release.
    But because of HIPAA we may never know what testing was done, unless it comes out in her defense.
    The trauma center in my area does not order EEGs for seizure patients. They usually treat the patient to stop the seizures if they are in Status epilepticus and if not just observe until the seizure stops.

HIPAA has no effect on court orders. I am sure they got a warrant for the medical information.
    Oh that is interesting, I'll be more careful about talking in such absolutes.
    SE is a whole new ballgame as that is life threatening.
    When I was referring to HIPAA, I meant we wouldn't be reading it in the newspaper , unless the defense were to reveal it. I don't think the prosecution would get the records and then release them to the press, do you?

I totally agree that the EEG's are a waste of time because unless they are sleep deprived EEG's it is rare to catch.
    We don't take my son to the hospital for his seizures we just wait it out.
    As discussed by the posters above, HIPAA does prevent medical care providers from releasing a person's private medical info, etc.

In this case, one would expect that if the state wanted any such information, it would be subpoenaed. Copies would be released to the defense in fulfillment with discovery rules and present orders from Judge S re: discovery and production. After that, you can expect some requests for this information to be filed pursuant to the FL sunshine laws.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chezhire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LI_Mom View Post
    All the accidents... make believe hospitalizations..... the endless DRAMA.....

You know..... I wonder if Caylee could have been a victim of Munchausen by Proxy?
    Reading what I read today, the news report that duct tape was on the mouth and there was a high level of chloroform in the car, I'm wondering if you're not right. I'm viewing this in the context of KC and Cindy's supposed fight on 6/15, and KC's "I'm a spiteful b*tch" comment, and her Zanny cover story...

I'm wondering if KC was intending on staging a kidnapping...I'm wondering if she chloroformed Caylee on 6/16, and put her in the trunk hoping to stage a kidnapping to hurt Cindy and to get attention/sympathy for herself...but something went wrong and Caylee died...chloroform and duct tape are signatures of kidnapping in the movies, if not necessarily in real life, so maybe she thought this would seem "convincing".

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast