1468 users online (306 members and 1162 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't believe it would be possible to fire that many shots into someone, and have them standing the whole time. Quite unlikely, especially not 2 young girls. It would seem to me, some of the shots must have been fired with the girls down, so there should be spent bullets recoverable from the soil of the area. Wonder if anyone has gone over the ground with a metal dector? I would hope so. If no bullets were recovered, it could mean that the bodies were moved.

this probably belongs in the rumor room but it was said by locals that OSBI removed two whole tree's that were behind the girls because there were bullets in them.

I guess I have a little different take here. If I owned a 40 cal Glock, and it was registered, I would have no problem having it test fired to help move this case along. My beef is with registration, not with what I do with a gun, because I am a law abiding citizen.

These people need to be caught, and if I have to have a little inconvenience to help that, so be it.

Where are the Cases.

A complete bullet from each gun used in these killings has been recovered, and so can be matched with bullets test fired from those same guns if they are ever found. However, bullet cases will often yield fingerprints. because to load a semi auto without leaving fingerprints requires the loader to wear gloves.

Does anyone know of cases being recovered? Being that at least 1 semi automatic was used, if not both, therefore, if no cases were recovered it says a couple of possible things.

1. The killers were so cool that after killing these girls on a public road, in broad day light, they took the time to pick up every single case scattered during this crime. Remember this was a public road, many shots were fired, and while not much traveled by outsiders, this road does see quite a bit of local traffic. The killers had to be quite concerned that someone would come along any second.

2. They were not killed on that exact spot but somewhere slightly different.

So, my question is, where are the cases? Were cases recovered? Were there fingerprints found if cases were recovered.

Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    I think it has been determined that the girls were killed where they stood. No time to react. Jessica Brown stated this during a news conference.

Where are the fingerprints on the shell casings?

Meo, it is impossible to load the magizine of any semi auto gun without leaving a big fat thumb print right on the side of the case. That is, unless the shooter was wearing gloves when loading the mag.

GREAT question... Where are the prints??? LE should have some...

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    Meo, it is impossible to load the magizine of any semi auto gun without leaving a big fat thumb print right on the side of the case. That is, unless the shooter was wearing gloves when loading the mag.

GREAT question... Where are the prints??? LE should have some...
    I believe LE has DNA and fingerprints from the scene of the crime. However, I do not think the creeps that murdered these young ladies have a criminal "record" on file. Therefore, LE can not make a match. I have recently been reading about 'familial DNA testing'. I wonder if this type of testing might be an option for OSBI?

Let's assume, that the Glock that was used in the crime, was taken from the home of an unsuspecting parent. The young person, takes the Glock, uses it to kill the girls. Puts the Glock back and then arranges to have it "stolen" so that it can not be traced back as evidence. I am curious if there were any reported robberies after the murders of the girls and were any firearms reported stolen. I know that Dustyn D. was arrested for burglary. Wonder what was reported as stolen?

Ruf, good line of thought. Let me add... Or... perhaps it hasn't been reported stolen, because it is still sitting in someone's closet or gun safe, and the owner (parent) doesn't even know it was used in the crime... Because if it was "stolen," it would very likely be reported stolen, and that would run up a BIG red flag quick. So the safest thing for the perp to do would be to put it back, and then if the need arose, if anyone started asking questions, hope they could get rid if it fast, then report it stolen.

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Ruf, good line of thought. Let me add... Or... perhaps it hasn't been reported stolen, because it is still sitting in someone's closet or gun safe, and the owner (parent) doesn't even know it was used in the crime...
    True, but, if they lived in the area the OSBI requested people to bring in their Glocks to be tested, they (being obedient citizens) would have dutifully brought it in........ Which makes me wonder, if the Glock may have came from an area that is not local....... hmmmmm........

Yes Ruf, but don't forget there were people who refused, people who didn't respond, people who said their 40 Glock had been sold... In short, not all those who were requested showed up. There is no legal way I can think of to get them to cooperate if they don't want to... and judging by some previous posts, many think it an invasion of their rights. Many just don't trust LE.

Yes Ruf, but don't forget there were people who refused, people who didn't respond, people who said their 40 Glock had been sold... In short, not all those who were requested showed up. There is no legal way I can think of to get them to cooperate if they don't want to... and judging by some previous posts, many think it an invasion of their rights. Many just don't trust LE.
    You are exactly right. I personally would not have a problem w/ having my firearm tested. Whatever it would take to help get the murderers off the streets would be (is) my way of thinking.

If I were LE, I'd look at who didn't bring in a 40 Glock for what ever reason, and see who was in that fimily... Wow, never looked at something like this from LE's standpoint. Not an easy hurdle to do it legaly... Ease if you are Mattlock, or CSI, but in the real world, there are some big hurdles there.

I sure wish LE was more fourth coming about what bases they had covered. FL case of Caylee was so much easier to follow because so much made public domain so quickly. I think Claycat? Hit it right on the head saying LE should just put out everything they have and see who turns up with evidence.

I sure wish LE was more fourth coming about what bases they had covered. FL case of Caylee was so much easier to follow because so much made public domain so quickly. I think Claycat? Hit it right on the head saying LE should just put out everything they have and see who turns up with evidence.

I could not agree more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast