1282 users online (208 members and 1074 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    I sure wish LE was more fourth coming about what bases they had covered. FL case of Caylee was so much easier to follow because so much made public domain so quickly. I think Claycat? Hit it right on the head saying LE should just put out everything they have and see who turns up with evidence.
    I've been "lurking" over this case from the start - I've been wondering why LE doesn't at least put something more out there. I can understand that there are certain things that they want to hold close to the vest but this case has become stuck - have they released information about the other firearm? Last I knew they had only identified the glock. Let's say someone knows somebody who owns a glock but doesn't think anything further of it because that person doesn't seem like the type to do something like this. But if LE released more info about an additional weapon and it just so happened that the individual had that type of weapon as well, it would at least give that person (friend, associate, family member) real pause for thought and possibly lead to --------------------an anonymous tip? I would really love to see this case solved. So senseless and just so wrong wrong wrong on so many levels!

I sure wish LE was more fourth coming about what bases they had covered. FL case of Caylee was so much easier to follow because so much made public domain so quickly. I think Claycat? Hit it right on the head saying LE should just put out everything they have and see who turns up with evidence.
    Has anyone experienced the climate in this part of Oklahoma where Weleetka is located?The humidity level is high.It doesn't take any effort to work up a dripping sweat.This is why I think the killers DNA(in the form of sweat for sure) was found somewhere at the crime scene.USAR...I especially wanted to get your take on this.

i have been reading this forum for a while now, but have only posted once when i joined. one thing i remember hearing but have never read someone may have but, a paramedic that was on the scene said that there was very little blood. you would of thought that there would be lots of blood on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by k4kathy View Post
    Has anyone experienced the climate in this part of Oklahoma where Weleetka is located?The humidity level is high.It doesn't take any effort to work up a dripping sweat.This is why I think the killers DNA(in the form of sweat for sure) was found somewhere at the crime scene.USAR...I especially wanted to get your take on this.
    K4, it WAS very hot there on that day. The discription of the POI said he was wearing long sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by teachmehow View Post
    i have been reading this forum for a while now, but have only posted once when i joined. one thing i remember hearing but have never read someone may have but, a paramedic that was on the scene said that there was very little blood. you would of thought that there would be lots of blood on the scene.
    Welcome to WS, teachmehow.

I don't remember reading about there being very little blood at the scene. Jessica B., keeps saying the girls were shot where they were found.

Nothing about this case has made sense from the very beginning!

I asked an OSBI agent, today, if all LE Glocks had been checked. He said they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
    I asked an OSBI agent, today, if all LE Glocks had been checked. He said they had.

Good job, CC. Did he happen to offer any other information....lol?

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Good job, CC. Did he happen to offer any other information....lol?
    He said they've got a lot of information that they just don't want the public to have. I wish Oklahoma had a sunshine law like Florida. This case might already be solved!

K4, it WAS very hot there on that day. The discription of the POI said he was wearing long sleeves.
    I don't understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by k4kathy View Post
    I don't understand what you mean.
    K4kathy, I was making a comment to your statement about "dripping sweat."

Quote Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
    He said they've got a lot of information that they just don't want the public to have. I wish Oklahoma had a sunshine law like Florida. This case might already be solved!

You must have a tremendous amount of self-discipline to speak with one of them and not ask a million questions. From your conversation, did you get a feel for the agent's opinion as to a solution? Still "solvable"? Were your own feelings (which I pay a lot of attention to) reinforced, or have they changed in light of that conversation? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, XPA! Unfortunately, the agent I talked to is no longer on the case. There is only one agent working on the case now, and many of the locals don't care for him, because he used to be an Okfuskee deputy. I'm afraid I made a disparaging remark, which is unlike me, and that did not get us off to a very good start.

One of our other members is going to call and see if she can find out more about the shell casings.

I believe it will be solved, XPA. Just a feeling!

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    A complete bullet from each gun used in these killings has been recovered, and so can be matched with bullets test fired from those same guns if they are ever found. However, bullet cases will often yield fingerprints. because to load a semi auto without leaving fingerprints requires the loader to wear gloves.

Does anyone know of cases being recovered? Being that at least 1 semi automatic was used, if not both, therefore, if no cases were recovered it says a couple of possible things.

1. The killers were so cool that after killing these girls on a public road, in broad day light, they took the time to pick up every single case scattered during this crime. Remember this was a public road, many shots were fired, and while not much traveled by outsiders, this road does see quite a bit of local traffic. The killers had to be quite concerned that someone would come along any second.

2. They were not killed on that exact spot but somewhere slightly different.

So, my question is, where are the cases? Were cases recovered? Were there fingerprints found if cases were recovered.

http://www.bluesheepdog.com/

New Fingerprint Technology for Cartridge Cases and BulletsNovember 22nd, 2008
    A new technology has been developed in the United Kingdom that would allow police labs to pull finger prints from metallic cartridges, bullets, and even shrapnel from bombs.

Forensic technique ‘among the best’

State-of-the-art forensic techniques to find fingerprints on bullets has been named as one of this year’s top inventions.

Dr John Bond, scientific support manager at Northamptonshire Police, developed the technique which has made it into Time Magazine’s top 50 inventions of 2008.

Dr Bond, also an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Leicester’s Forensic Research Centre, said they had already used the technique to find prints in crimes where other methods had failed.

The scientific breakthrough, announced earlier this year, detects where sweat has corroded metal on bullets, even where it has been wiped off.

Dr Bond said they had found the method worked well on certain metals including brass - often used for bullet casings.

I wonder if OSBI is aware of this testing? I wonder if we even have this testing available in Oklahoma?

K4kathy, I was making a comment to your statement about "dripping sweat."
    Even if the killer/s were wearing long sleeved shirts(Regardless,we don't know if the POI seen wearing a long sleeved shirt is the killer),it wouldn't prevent sweat from dripping from their upper body (forehead,etc).High humidity levels also cause the skin to secrete more oils/sebin(sp) which results in more distinquished prints as well as leaving better traces of DNA.This is why I feel like there was DNA left at the crime scene.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast