1343 users online (349 members and 994 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OK - Israel Musselman, 2, found dead in Tulsa, 17 Aug 2008

OK, this might not be a crime as the story states there are no obvious signs of trauma. But I am placing it here because, it seems pretty suspicious to me.

What mother would put their two year old son to bed at 9:00 PM and not check on him until 12:30 PM the next day???

Something's up here, IMO.

http://www.koco.com/news/17224162/detail.html
    There is always HOPE!!!

Child has been Identified as Israel Musselman, story states that they won't know cause of death for a few months.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...2_Police729267
    There is always HOPE!!!

From the above link:

Randy Saffell, a spokesman for the Medical Examiner's Office, said the cause of death should be known in three to four months.

3-4 months? What kind of slack assed ME is going to take that long? I mean, I understand that it might take that long if they have to do extensive unusual tox screens or DNA testing, but who PREDICTS that it will take that long?

Someone needs to start a press war. How are they supposed to investigate if they won't know homicide/natural causes until Christmas? Sounds like the perfect place to commit a poisoning murder.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    From the above link:

Randy Saffell, a spokesman for the Medical Examiner's Office, said the cause of death should be known in three to four months.

3-4 months? What kind of slack assed ME is going to take that long? I mean, I understand that it might take that long if they have to do extensive unusual tox screens or DNA testing, but who PREDICTS that it will take that long?

Someone needs to start a press war. How are they supposed to investigate if they won't know homicide/natural causes until Christmas? Sounds like the perfect place to commit a poisoning murder.
    ITA angelmom,
    I thought that was odd also. It makes me wonder if they believe the baby ingested drugs or was poisened etc.

How would LE go about investigating this in the meantime?
    I would hate to see innocent parents who just lost a young child, have to go through 3 to 4 months of scrutiny and finger pointing. But I would also hate to see parents who are guilty in the death of their child, have 3 to 4 months to rid themselves of evidence and get their story straight.

I am just boggled by this. Anyone have any answer for why they would expect the labs to take that long?
    There is always HOPE!!!

A great deal of the time there are many cases that are backlogging the system. Depending how big their examiners office is and how many current employees are qualified to preform a postmortem and all that entails could influence turn around times. Unfortunately this is not unusual in some of the larger cities.

I couldn't find any updates on this story today.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StillHoping View Post
    I couldn't find any updates on this story today.

Still the only thing I could find as of this morning is that the little boy's funeral service was yesterday. Thursday. Looks like his mom's maiden name is Andrade.

Then some comments from the rumor mill here.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/ko...N9O7IPS0PDG/p2

Thanks Filly,

I can understand what most of the comments are stating. Perhaps the mother did check on the child earlier and thought he was still sleeping.
    It is not my intention by any means to place blame on a mother who is grieving the loss of her young child.

I just HOPE BEYOND HOPE this was nothing but a tragic accident.
    I can't help it if my hinky-meter went off. I just can't see someone not checking on a 2 year old for 15 hours.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StillHoping View Post
    Thanks Filly,

I can understand what most of the comments are stating. Perhaps the mother did check on the child earlier and thought he was still sleeping.
    It is not my intention by any means to place blame on a mother who is grieving the loss of her young child.

I just HOPE BEYOND HOPE this was nothing but a tragic accident.
    I can't help it if my hinky-meter went off. I just can't see someone not checking on a 2 year old for 15 hours.
    Thank you for posting this, StillHoping.

Oh I know it's not your intention to place blame if the mom is grieving. It is absolutely odd that nobody checked on a child for what? Thirteen hours? Heck, it's more than odd. I'd say neglect when you don't look in on a toddler for that many hours.

One of the comments was that the mom was working as a barmaid and her 16 year old watched the kids. Hey, nothing wrong with being a barmaid and supporting your children. Her place of employment should have nothing to do with this save for her hours being different than the "norm". Still I believe a mom would check on the little ones no matter.

Prayers for this family. Poor little guy.