Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #106

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here.

Look around Caylee has a FORUM, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

websleuths.jpg

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

Originally Posted by Windchime
Please keep in mind Caylee's forum is very busy and we will not tolerate members being rude to other members.

What about Caylee Anthony's constitutional rights?????

What about that?

I hear people bending over backwards to support Casey's rights without a thought for that little girl that is dead, at worst, or given away, at best!

What about Caylee????:furious:

It's help a mod month. (ok, I made it up)

If you see someone being rude, attacking, doing anything
against TOS, please hit that little triangle that is on the top right of every post.

<-----

DO NOT QUOTE a post you think 'should not be here' or that you are alerting to....it just takes us more time to delete all the deleted quoted posts.

:blowkiss: TIA

That wasn't directed at anyone but a general sense of frustration about this missing girl. Sorry.

Thanks Christine! And every month is help a mod month! Glad to help if I can.

I think it is so interesting that people are lining up to support Casey's "non-story" to support that Caylee is still alive, but none of her friends are! As near as I can tell...her little pal that went to visit her in jail that she didn't seem to know, Patrick B., is the only one who has come out in support of her.

It is still odd to me that the Anthony family seems to only consist of their immediate crew. No uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. are stepping forward to speak out for Casey. Even if they were clear across the country, I would have expected to hear someone come to their defense...but nothing. Are they estranged from both sides of their families?

I agree that it's interesting that no friends or family of the Anthonys have
come forward. Maybe they're just an unappealing bunch and nobody cares
for them.

I don't find it surprising that none of Casey's friends are jumping aboard
her defense ship, though. Self-preservation (SELFISHNESS) is prevalent.
This brings to mind my previous challenge of lining of 20 WS members to
scrutinize their past. Who could or would pass the "sniff test?"

When the going gets tough, the friends (with a PAST) are GONE.
imo
:crazy:

It's help a mod month. (ok, I made it up)

If you see someone being rude, attacking, doing anything
against TOS, please hit that little triangle that is on the top right of every post.

<-----

DO NOT QUOTE a post you think 'should not be here' or that you are alerting to....it just takes us more time to delete all the deleted quoted posts.

:blowkiss: TIA

Christine: I don't see that triangle when I view.
:eek:

It's just sad that our "system" tends to error on the side of defendants IMO..it seems as though their rights are of the utmost importance. JMO.

--brought over from last thread--

QUOTE=Joyce;2522051]I'm confused on that aspect also.Wasn't Lee going to send Jesse to talk to her(Renae)? Is there any proof that the LE knew of this sighting?I seen a post a few pages back where someone was saying Cindy was talking about a sighting in Sandy Springs but has the LE ever said there was such sighting? I'm lost in that conversation[/QUOTE]

Just one thing about this and I'll shut up.

If ANYYYYYYYYYYY of us......any person that is aware of Caylee...saw Caylee, who wouldn't make a grab for her and hold on tight?

.....that's all.

There have now been two psych evaluations, right. Is it possible the last one raised a flag or something?
Thinking LE might just take anything to complicate the release. But I don't know.
If there is a 'lie check' in that test, it would be interesting.

i think this raises a good point, actually, in terms of delaying her release. we already know that there is a psych hold. LE can sit on it even after the results are in. for all we know - and her attorneys for that matter - they are still processing. i guess this is my point and just a good example. even if there is no genuine reason to keep casey in jail, they can blur the proverbial line and create one. for now, at least.

and this really has nothing to do with her constitutional rights. where in the constitution does it say anything about this? she has been given due process (5th & 14th Amendments), her bail has been judicially declared inexcessive (8th Amendment), she has been read her miranda rights (5th Amendment), been given counsel (5th and 6th Amendments), she has utilized her right to remain silent and not incriminate herself (5th Amendment)...

In a recent case called Creech v. State of Florida, a Florida appellate court said that before a judge can increase someone's bond, the prosecution must first prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances or additional evidence uncovered since the person's bond was originally set. A judge cannot increase someone's bond simply because he believes that the conditions of bond that were previously set by another judge were too lenient.

Depending on the evidence LE has collected they may be able to argue that circumstances have changed, they now have reason to believe the child is deceased (if they are ready to go with that), or that Casey is at risk of harm to herself or others.

I think there is a grandjury convened, and supposedly no one has initiated the process to get her out anyway. Could just be a publicity stunt.

I would like to share something about this case that keeps bringing me back to less hope.
Sure, we know that the dogs MAY have smelled human decomposition. We also know that the Cindy mentioned the smell in the 911 call, a detective in court said that he smelled the decomp.

In the video, many forensics people were working on that car. Wouldn't those people have also recognized the smell? If the smell lingers as most posters here attest to, then they could probably walk a jury behind the car and let them smell for that matter.

LE needs to prove that the smell was associated with a particular person. Right? I guess, I am having trouble understanding all the kidnapping stories (believe me, I have tried to think of ways that this could be positive) and other theories unless a lot of people just don't trust LE.

I have read all the threads here and I keep coming back to the first evidence. Does anyone else understand what I am so poorly trying to say?

What about Caylee Anthony's constitutional rights?????

What about that?

I hear people bending over backwards to support Casey's rights without a thought for that little girl that is dead, at worst, or given away, at best!

What about Caylee????:furious:

You mean, like, her right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

and this really has nothing to do with her constitutional rights.

In support of BD post, brought over from last thread POst #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryAddict
Will a person knowledgeable of the law kindly explain this to me?

If Casey was given a bond of $500,000 and a BH is willing to post it, then how can the
prosecutors interfere?

Please explain what is happening.

My response:

Technically speaking they have not whatsoever. The "holds" are assigned by the judge, in this case Hon. Strickland from the bond hearing. They have been in place since the Bond hearing and Baez is fully aware of them, for anyone to say that the prosecution is thwarting her release is disingenuous.
That being said, If they are ready to upgrade her charges they will do so prior to her release. Keep in mind, this Padilla has been in two full days and has yet to actually post the bond, fyi..

Just sticking phone info up to be semi handy-
snip*

Casey's making phone calls on her cell phone. 3:03 PM, she calls her dad on his cell phone. 4:10, she calls her mom at work. 4:11, she calls her mom on her cell phone. 4:13, she calls her mom on her cell phone. 4:14, she calls her mom at work. 4:19, she calls Tony Lazzaro (ph). 4:21, she calls Jesse Grund (ph). 4:24, mom on her cell. 6:32, mom on home phone. 6:33, voice-mail. 7:06, mom home. And 7:20, she calls her friend, Amy.
Now, if you notice, Greta, these calls that are a minute apart -- if I call you and I don't -- I get your voice-mail and I hang up, that registers as a minute.

*snip*
WATTS: Well, Greta, it's interesting because the 17th seems to be sort of a blurry day for us in this timeline. As you know, you and I are working this story. We're trying to put this timeline together. The 17th, we haven't come up with the records yet. We don't know what was happening on the 17th. Of course, obviously, very curious as to what was going on on the 17th. The next phone records we have are the 18th. And again, that date is significant because that's the date that Casey borrowed the shovel from the neighbor.
VAN SUSTEREN: All right. And so tell me -- give me the list of calls on the 18th for which we have records.
WATTS: Sure. Again, on the 18th -- and again, we don't know what time exactly she borrowed the shovel from them, but on the 18th at 12:33 PM, she calls mom at home. 12:34, Mom cell. 12:35, mom at home. 12:36, dad's cell. 1:09, mom's cell. 1:11, mom home.
VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, it of the June 16 phone calls that you first recited, do you have any idea whether it pinged off the tower near her home to indicate that she was likely making or could have been making those calls from home?
WATTS: Well, that's a good question, Greta, and I'm sure investigators are taking a look at that. They obviously haven't released that information to us because it's part of their ongoing investigation. But now, remember, the last phone call she made was 7:20 to Amy. There's no incoming or outgoing calls on Casey's cell phone, Greta, until 11:00 AM the next day.
VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Steph, thank you.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402721,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member