Man Passes 9 ft tape worm; sues eatery

Nine feet? I wonder how long it takes to pass a nine foot worm?

I read a biography of Jackie Kennedy which focused quite a lot on her years with Ari Onassis, and his longstanding relationship with Maria Callas was detailed.
Maria Callas, the famous opera singer, became very upset about her weight, obsessing about not being thin. She deliberately ingested food contaminated with tapeworms in order to lose massive amounts of weight.

Apparently, she did this over and over again, not just once or twice. It makes me sick to think how disturbed a person has to be to do something so harmful to their body.

I won't eat sushi because I fear getting a parasite.

ewww is right. Though I am going to have to side with the lettuce entertain you organization. I have eaten in several of their restaurants for more than 20 years and have yet to have a less than perfect meal.

I dry heaved when my puppy had worms. I can't imagine purposely eating foods that are contaminated with tape worms in order to lose weight. Didn't they have diet pills back then? I mean if you're gonna do something unhealthy at least don't let it be gross too.

I've always loved listening to Maria Callas. I'm not sure I can now without thinking about tapeworms.

I read a biography of Jackie Kennedy which focused quite a lot on her years with Ari Onassis, and his longstanding relationship with Maria Callas was detailed.
Maria Callas, the famous opera singer, became very upset about her weight, obsessing about not being thin. She deliberately ingested food contaminated with tapeworms in order to lose massive amounts of weight.

Apparently, she did this over and over again, not just once or twice. It makes me sick to think how disturbed a person has to be to do something so harmful to their body.

I won't eat sushi because I fear getting a parasite.

Really? SJ out of all the things I've read about Ari and Maria Callas I never read that. That's some wild stuff right there.:eek: Plus she was an opera singer. They aren't the thinnest bunch of vocalists out there.

Man, I couldn't even read that article for fear I'd see a photograph of that thing. How much did the guy get? Worth me eating raw salmon?:crazy:

I dry heaved when my puppy had worms. I can't imagine purposely eating foods that are contaminated with tape worms in order to lose weight. Didn't they have diet pills back then? I mean if you're gonna do something unhealthy at least don't let it be gross too.

I've always loved listening to Maria Callas. I'm not sure I can now without thinking about tapeworms.

This is how she hit the high notes...

Well, I would hope she didn't strain too hard on those high notes.

Nine feet? I wonder how long it takes to pass a nine foot worm?

I once had to pull a twisted condom from the backside of my dog. That was just nine or so inches of wanting to vomit. I can't imagine pulling long enough to get a worm out. *hack* Just the image in my head is gagging me.

I'd hand the dude a mirror and tweezers and say "Good luck, I'm outta here!"

FYI don't google tapeworm images - blech!

That would put me over the edge and the vomit would actually become projectile. I can't even think about it anymore! I have to get off of this thread!

I dont even have a particularly weak stomach but...Yark!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back