720 users online (79 members and 641 guests)  

Websleuths News

Bride & Groom get tasered

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...-wed18.article

Is it just me or do more wedding receptions look more like a bacchanal crossed with a lap dance parlor.

Two things I can't stand at a reception: drunks and money dances.

I wonder if they will put mug shots in the wedding album?

JUST SAY NO TO THE DOLLAR DANCE!!! I got married last year and my mother in law INSISTED that I have a dollar dance. She drove me crazy about it. I finally put my foot down and said absolutely not. I was not having a wedding to see how much money I could make and how many gifts I could get (unlike hers a few years previously). I think people have forgotten what the true meaning of a wedding is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    JUST SAY NO TO THE DOLLAR DANCE!!! I got married last year and my mother in law INSISTED that I have a dollar dance. She drove me crazy about it. I finally put my foot down and said absolutely not. I was not having a wedding to see how much money I could make and how many gifts I could get (unlike hers a few years previously). I think people have forgotten what the true meaning of a wedding is supposed to be.
    I'm seeing it waaaay to much here. It makes me angry because I always give a nice gift. In cultures where NO gifts are given, or only given by close family members, money dances are part of the tradition as a way to set up a young couple in life.
    Some how this tradition has morphed into a free-for-all for people who think celebrating a marriage means other people foot your bills.
    That last wedding I went to featured a third time bride, formal dress, with the veil held up by the couple's two children, a money dance ,a money tree for the honeymoon (you could make money "leaves"), a wishing well for more money, a pay bar, a DJ with a jar for "tips". The end all; it was the bride's mother's home and since she didn't want anyone in the house, she set up a port-a-potty. I didn't stay long but I heard that after I left, everyone jumped into the pool.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    I don't have a lot of hope for this marriage. They both seem to have alcohol and impulse control issues...
    Just thinkin' out loud....