TX - Lisa Villegas, 42, found dead in sleeper of 18-wheeler, Crosby, 19 Aug 2008

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
"After she died, he drove to Marshall ( 36 miles west of Shreveport, La.) *to pick up a load and drove back down here to Houston," Denholm said. "He was sitting in the beer joint and he told another guy about the body."
That man flagged down a passing sheriff's patrol sergeant outside the Frenz Bar, at Krenek and Crosby-Lynchburg in the Crosby area, deputies."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/5955160.html

*(Underlined words added by myself)

Witness from the bar says it was homicide, story does not include details of how she died or relationship, if any, to the trucker. Wish we had the suspect's name. I don't see why they couldn't say who he is, since he is an adult.

Anyone here know how to look up the court record to see if this guy is a repeat offender of crimes against women? Seems like he was awfully comfortable riding around with a dead body!

Susan

Am I the only one that cares who the woman is? Has anyone heard anyother news on this?

Am I the only one that cares who the woman is? Has anyone heard anyother news on this?

Suprisingly little information. I guess no one is sharing with the press just yet.

I want to know what happened, but I also want to know his initial explanation, whether true or not. Drunk people have the most interesting explanations.

I'm glad he got drunk and opened his mouth, otherwise she could be another missing person.

If this woman was not with the man voluntarily (before she was dead), it could mean this fellow could be responsible for other unsolveds in that area of the country. Goodness know there are plenty of missing or dead women with connections to the Houston area highways.

If this woman was not with the man voluntarily (before she was dead), it could mean this fellow could be responsible for other unsolveds in that area of the country. Goodness know there are plenty of missing or dead women with connections to the Houston area highways.

I agree with this - there are many, many unidentified and missing in this area. What a scary story. I can't find any more info on it, and unfortunately, my contacts in Houston are on vacation...dangit.

Would there be any way to prove that the woman took the drugs on her own?

I just see some red flags here:
1) Truck driver is "kind" enough to pick up a woman who needs help, yet he is more worried about making his drop-off than calling authorities when she dies? And then after making drop off, goes to bar and brags about having her body in the truck, rather than calling the authorities? Doesn't make sense to me and doesn't really sound like a kind person IMO.
2) Woman tells truck driver that she was attacked (This could conveniently explain any signs of struggle on her body).
3) If the truckdriver was freaked out, why didn't he consider that not calling authorities right away would only make him look guilty(er)? So what did he intend to do with the body?

I'm not insinuating anything in anyway but it just doesn't sound right on his myspace..."My baby having my baby." Maybe he's just not a very bright man.

Maybe he's just not a very bright man.

That's a given, Lizzy. The creep drove around with a deceased woman in his truck. He's a bloomin rocket scientist.:furious:

If the baby-mama is smart she'll leave his name off the birth certificate. Bad enough the child is stuck with his DNA.

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back