1143 users online (219 members and 924 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    UCFAlumni2002 is offline Jennifer Kesse- Missing over 8 years- www.findjenniferkesse.com

FL - Josephine Frenna, 51, Fort Lauderdale, 21 Aug 2008

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,5765312.story

Police search for missing Fort Lauderdale mom

By Sofia Santana | South Florida Sun-Sentinel 12:44 PM EDT, August 22, 2008

Josephine Frenna

FORT LAUDERDALE - Police are searching for a mother who has gone missing under suspicious circumstances.

Josephine Frenna's 14-year-old son came home from school Thursday afternoon expecting his mother to be at their apartment in the 4000 block of Galt Ocean Dr., but she wasn't.

Relatives of the 51-year-old-Frenna haven't seen her since, and detectives find it troubling that Frenna's purse, keys and car were left at her apartment and that she was scheduled to go to court today for a hearing on a restraining order against her husband, officials said.

Frenna's husband is cooperating with the investigation and said he doesn't know what happened to his wife, said Detective Katherine Collins, Fort Lauderdale police spokeswoman.

Detectives have searched the area around the condo and also checked local hospitals, jails and airline rosters but found no clues that point to Frenna's whereabouts.

Anyone with information is asked to call Fort Lauderdale police at 954-828-5700 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
    Help Find Missing Jennifer Kesse
    www.findjenniferkesse.com
    REWARD
    CRIMELINE: 1-800-423-TIPS(8477)

Check out the Facebook Page and Twitter Page for Jenn

Unhappy

I wonder if there's anything new here.
    What a pretty lady. And her poor son. I hope she's found safe but I have my doubts.

Husband served with divorce papers the day before

The article above also states that the husband was served with divorce papers on Wednesday (which is the day before she went missing). I have a pretty good idea where this case is headed, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.

JMO, of course.

Thank you for posting this. I am so worried about this Florida mom and we need this woman to come home safe. Please, God, let Josephine Frenna be safe.

Missing Florida Mom Reportedly Feared 'Violent' Husband
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409404,00.html

A woman in South Florida who had sought a restraining order against her husband disappeared Thursday, the Miami Herald reported.
    Josephine Frenna, 51, who recently moved from Canada, previously told a Broward County judge that she and her son were "affraid for our life" because her estranged husband, Gerardo Di Marco, is "violent" and "dangerous," the Herald reported.

I'm glad to see this has been posted. I saw it on Fox Saturday and haven't seen anything new about it. I sure hope she's found alive, but sadly I don't think this will be the case.
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

UCFAlumni2002 is offline Jennifer Kesse- Missing over 8 years- www.findjenniferkesse.com
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,1900926.story

FORT PIERCE - A Fort Lauderdale detective was en route on Monday to St. Lucie County to compare dental records with the remains of a woman found in the ocean about 20 miles east of Sebastian Inlet, according to Fort Lauderdale Police and the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office.
    Snipped
    REWARD

Unhappy

Family of missing Fort Lauderdale woman fears foul play

Body found in ocean matches description of missing 51-year-old Fort Lauderdale woman

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...0,593637.story

Hmmm, the autopsy determined she drowned. I hope that her soon to be ex didn't kill her, I wonder if he is the biological father of the 14yo son...
    Strange it happened the day she was supposed to meet her attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    Hmmm, the autopsy determined she drowned. I hope that her soon to be ex didn't kill her, I wonder if he is the biological father of the 14yo son...
    Not to mention the day after he was served with Divorce Papers. I agree with you - very strange coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The body was wearing a blue swimsuit though, which to me seemed odd..like, maybe it isn't Josephine, but I think the coincidences are too much to overlook.

Does anyone know when they're supposed to have a positive ID back?

Quote Originally Posted by ella's mom View Post
    Not to mention the day after he was served with Divorce Papers. I agree with you - very strange coincidence.
    They say there is no coincidence when it comes to murder.

From what I've read, IF this is the missing woman, there is no foul play indicated thus far. Does anyone know if the ME can determine if it's salt water or fresh water that she drowned in?

Wonder if the STBX had access to a boat?

Hope LE is checking his alibi, REAL GOOD!

Wonder if anyone saw him close to her home that day?

Innocent until proven guilty, yes. But LE needs to look beyond an 'accidental drowning,' due to the marital situation. Hope a caring detective looks at this file and has a few hours to cover all bases, before stamping, 'case closed.' Just to be sure. That's the least they can do for this 'victim.'

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    They say there is no coincidence when it comes to murder.

From what I've read, IF this is the missing woman, there is no foul play indicated thus far. Does anyone know if the ME can determine if it's salt water or fresh water that she drowned in?

Wonder if the STBX had access to a boat?

Hope LE is checking his alibi, REAL GOOD!

Wonder if anyone saw him close to her home that day?

Innocent until proven guilty, yes. But LE needs to look beyond an 'accidental drowning,' due to the marital situation. Hope a caring detective looks at this file and has a few hours to cover all bases, before stamping, 'case closed.' Just to be sure. That's the least they can do for this 'victim.'

JMHO
    fran

If there's water in her lungs they will be able to determine if it's fresh or salt water. I haven't read any reactions from family or friends; I hope there are caring friends and family besides just the 14 year old son. How sad and scary for him!

REWARD

Ah, something sounds fishy to me. Family says she was afraid of water and would never, never, never go in by herself. Sure hope LE is going to really investigate her death and not just chalk it up as accidental.

I'm so sorry for her family. I'm sure her son is having an especially rough time, his parents were divorcing and now his mother is dead.
    Last edited by Blondieskatz; 08-27-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added thought

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast